Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

if that's the case then there's really no excuse for the terrible store and very few weapon drops!

Honestly if you just like doubled the store or also made curios, melee, and ranged be separate stores with the same amount I think that's all you'd need to do to keep the system as is.

12(?) slots is just way too limiting when some classes have like 40 choices in weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How do the attack chains work with the eviscerator? Like choosing between a downswing that hits the head and a swipe that cuts the hoard enemies in half? I though it was based on what direction your were holding on your key board and/or the movement of your mouse, but I get inconsistent results? With the thunderhammer, I can get consistent swings.

Attacks always follow a set sequence. The symbols in the weapon inspection menu for the light attack chain and heavy attack chain give you an indication of what kind of attack each chain in the sequence has.

You can move between light attack and heavy attack chains. So for the eviscerator, your first heavy attack is a horizontal sweep. If you input another heavy attack, you get a vertical chop. If you continue heavy attack inputs, this pattern repeats. But if you want to maximize wide sweeps, you can start with the first heavy attack and then input a light attack, which will skip the first sequence of the light attack pattern and go to the second - which is also a horizontal sweep.

Knowing what your weapon's patterns are and how you can jump between them - including the role of block canceling a chain or using a push attack to skip to a second attack in a chain - is where the depth of the melee combat system shines.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How do the attack chains work with the eviscerator? Like choosing between a downswing that hits the head and a swipe that cuts the hoard enemies in half? I though it was based on what direction your were holding on your key board and/or the movement of your mouse, but I get inconsistent results? With the thunderhammer, I can get consistent swings.

The combos are fixed and can be seen in the weapon inspect screen, I believe that the eviscerator had a four swing combo which is horizontal, horizontal, angled, angled? When you do a combo it goes through the swings in that order. However, if you break it up with heavy attack then it will still advance the chain to the next step.

So if you have a four step light combo and two step heavy and do light-heavy-light heavy then it would come out as (light 1 - heavy 1 - light 3 - heavy 2). Mixing between them can be nice because some of the weapons have it where going light-heavy repeated allows you to keep doing horizontal swings instead of switching to diagonal.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

big cummers ONLY posted:

Read the thread? I didn't write down their name but yes, people are saying that the shop is nbd and expecting crafting to be in at launch is unreasonable

We didn't say it was unreasonable, we're laughing because its fatshark, it's like expecting a mechanic to not try and gently caress you on repair prices.

Like, you can, but they're still gonna.

Sharkopath posted:

Theyve explicitly said no crafting.

Might change their minds but thats the word.

Probbaly hear more in the next devblog if theyre gonna backtrack on that.

Yeah i'm expecting they'll change their mind on this. Nobody likes the current way.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I hope they take out crafting and weapons. Fists only.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got a pretty good bolter drop on my Zealot, and now I'm really wishing that we could share weapons between characters.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
New content on the way

https://youtu.be/1eE-MPnuM-A

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cool video, but it says nothing about new content.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
man i hate this teaser poo poo

this started playing after though and it's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_fuzg6KRw

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Cool video, but it says nothing about new content.

Next devblog out this week talking about items, crafting, and new content was talked about at the top of the patch notes.

The next community update post is slated to go out this week and will be addressing our next content update, crafting, weapons, and other pertinent topics.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I hope it costs plasteel to yank off perks and blessings and its not tooooo expensive.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I find myself very tempted to left click grims as ogryn and blame the results on not being able to read.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Explosionface posted:

I find myself very tempted to left click grims as ogryn and blame the results on not being able to read.

Please don't. I had an Ogryn steal all ammo and grenades and speak in babyspeak when someone told him to stop.
It's not being funny, it's being an rear end. If you don't want to do grims, just say so at the beginning of the run, most people are probably even gonna agree with you.

Fortunately, that's actually only the real rear end in a top hat I've run into in all my hours playing this, the vast majority of people are very chill.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I always ask before picking up a grim and did so in VT2 as well. I don't think I've seen anyone else do this in DT though.

I try to re-roll grim contracts and the reward otherwise isn't worth the hassle, imo.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 7, 2022

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Broken Cog posted:

Please don't. I had an Ogryn steal all ammo and grenades and speak in babyspeak when someone told him to stop.
It's not being funny, it's being an rear end. If you don't want to do grims, just say so at the beginning of the run, most people are probably even gonna agree with you.

Fortunately, that's actually only the real rear end in a top hat I've run into in all my hours playing this, the vast majority of people are very chill.

Yeah, I know. I figured with enough people struggling on weeklies as it is, literally throwing one away would be a negative experience for all. So I opted to just keep smashing and shooting mans.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

is there a way to turn off pubbies in this? I feel like that would solve a lot of problems like it does with Vermintide 1 and 2. I'd rather have no one or a bot than a random player not in our voice chat.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Chainclaw posted:

is there a way to turn off pubbies in this? I feel like that would solve a lot of problems like it does with Vermintide 1 and 2. I'd rather have no one or a bot than a random player not in our voice chat.

Nope. Probably, maybe in the future.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Explosionface posted:

Yeah, I know. I figured with enough people struggling on weeklies as it is, literally throwing one away would be a negative experience for all. So I opted to just keep smashing and shooting mans.

I actually try to avoid taking missions with grims for the same reason. I don't want to do them, and I try to reroll them in my weeklies, but some people might need them, and I don't want to be an rear end about it if I get into a mission with them.
Bit of a design failure imo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kaysette posted:

man i hate this teaser poo poo

this started playing after though and it's good

The teaser was fine, but this started playing after and its also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvo2OfgIJ1c

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Here's another build which I will try when I level my psyker more. It's a different take which seems to make your psyker play more like a veteran, if that's your thing. Turns your guy into a bullet wizard, if you want to be a gun user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiC9uhaqtf8
I've been primarily running with the Surge staff with the aim of locking stuff in place as a support wizard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tv0fn1v8U

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, the Thunder Hammer is really satisfying when you charge it up and one-shot a Rager or Mutant, but it's so bad for basically everything else. The stagger you get after landing a charged blow is also really severe.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I like the thunder hammer a lot for controlling a horde. I don't know if my eviscerator just has bad stats or what, but I find it way easier to keep a mass of enemies in place on Heresy when I have my thunder hammer. It's easier to waste the buff charge on a random trash mob but it doesn't happen to me very often. The eviscerator kills more but I can never cleave through a horde in one swing like the hammer can.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Really? I find the hammer to have almost no cleave or CC at all, though I might be a bit biased after playing Ogryn and Veteran so much.

It's also slow and clunky as hell.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I rolled a hammer with "ignore hit miss for .5 seconds on hit" or something like that and I just do heavy swings all day like a lawnmower, it's fun

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I rolled a hammer with "ignore hit miss for .5 seconds on hit" or something like that and I just do heavy swings all day like a lawnmower, it's fun

Yeah it’s like chopping wheat with a scythe, I love it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Hm, maybe I'll keep an eye out for a hammer with that blessing, because I really want to like it. It's a lot of fun when it works.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Mine doesn't have that and I still feel like Sauron in the opening scene of fellowship

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FileNotFound posted:

There is in fact no difference between the box that may have bananas and a store that may have bananas.

Holy broke brain poo poo lmao

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
I tried one of the axes, and now I'm having trouble switching away. It doesn't cleave like the hammer or eviscerator but it kills stuff so quickly it doesn't feel like I'm at a disadvantage

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah the axes are insane tbh

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Atrox axe is my jam

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I should write this down, but what's the breakpoint for max upgrading based on rarity?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the magic number is 380 for a gray that you upgrade but also it's extremely rare for one to show up at that exact limit

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

You want to upgrade Greys at 350-380 or items which have a base level in that range. 380 is the current maximum stat roll which will probably change at some point but its also exceedingly rare to find.

The upgrades are hit or miss depending on the blessings so they run like 20-50 points from the base. Those are less worrisome because the upcoming crafting will eventually let you gamble to replace the perks and replace the blessings with ones off other weapons, so focus on good base stats for now (not just the number, but the distribution)

Also holy gently caress I finally did the no melee hit penance after losing it to insanely annoying spawn behinds every attempt. Managed to get untouchable (no HP dmg) as well. Luckily I had an idiot teammate who drew all the aggro constantly (and got downed a lot) and a bot, who stood next to me since I started the lobby which helped keep all the aggro off me with my camo. Allowed me to stand in melee and powersword to help clear and to shoot freely in defense situations.

WHEW thank gently caress thats done, now on to the Heresy penances

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Look at which stats roll low or high. Generally I consider mobility/defences and related to be my dump stat for guns and maybe even melee weapons, but that changes throughout the difficulties as damage breakpoints get harder and harder to reach. For example, supposing that in diff >=4, you need multiple perfect rolls on damage stats to bring down melee bodyshot kills against flak enemies from 3 hits to 2, you might as well be satisfied with a high mobility/defences roll that lets you dodge and push more while keeping damage enough that you can still do 3 hit kills; theory-crafting of that nature.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

much like destiny, the best stat total is the one that has all of the poo poo you want

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

What is the axe pattern thats actually good? I got this which surface level seems really good but i'm not changing off my powersword to find out :argh:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That's the fast tomahawk one with the slight cleave on heavies. It's okay but the one I think you're looking for is the Antax MKV, the silver one. It's all strikedown attacks but for some reason it has Cleave as one of its stats so

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jerkface posted:

What is the axe pattern thats actually good? I got this which surface level seems really good but i'm not changing off my powersword to find out :argh:

take it to the meatgrinder that's what it's there for after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

take it to the metagrinder that's what it's there for after all

No

Penance + preorder drip