Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

no problem. yuzu and ryujinx are the emulators you wanna look into.

You still gotta hack a switch and dump your encryption stuff right?

I always get to that part and then stop cause :effort:, but I really should just do it because I'd love to play the Xenoblade games at anything resembling a proper framerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

jokes posted:

That's a good point. Why would I spend $500 so I can play one game

Because Bloodborne is still PS4 only,

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I always get to that part and then stop cause :effort:, but I really should just do it because I'd love to play the Xenoblade games at anything resembling a proper framerate

nah

https://discord.gg/sinscove has guides and everything else you'd need

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Unfortunately, ImpAtom is right. I still remember Elden Ring's PC launch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird Pumpkin posted:

you absolutely dont, you can just :files: it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Lately is is because 'The PC release sucks while the PS5 release runs fine' allows me to play things in my spare time instead of waiting for the patch that makes PC versions not poo poo themselves

But the PC version will come with* all the DLC!

*bundle together and charge you for

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Chillgamesh posted:

But the PC version will come with* all the DLC!

*bundle together and charge you for

And might make the game a worse experience to actually play.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
And that's FF3 down. Although I was having problems mid-game because I wasn't grinding at all, CoD went down like a chump to two Ninjas throwing shruikens every turn. I-III were really the ones I wanted to replay since I haven't seen those in decades. IV I feel the least about, V I play every year for the FJF, and VI I've ground to death.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

FFI: Yes, this is basically just D and D. Assigned to get macguffins to get macguffins to get macguffins. I love it.

Found Matoya of course, love that music.

Whoever designed that cave full of poisoning enemies is a sadist

Still, got Matoya's Eye and, ultimately, the Blasting Powder.

I am definitely using a guide, this would require quite a bit of aimless/semi-aimless wandering to figure out.

Oh and at the end of the day, I went with Squall the Fighter, Minwu the White Mage, Snow the Black Belt, and Y'shtola the Black Mage.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
started the forspoken demo and the HDR is eye-searing with no option to disable

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

final fantasy xvi continues to look jaw droppingly stunning

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Did i see a dog in the party? 10/10

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
lol u already know all these party members are dead

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U9SEYZDf0A

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle posted:

lol u already know all these party members are dead

they seem pretty alive to me

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Welp that was badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like a win game OP

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Your party includes Childhood Friend, A Cool Dog, and the crushing guilt of letting your baby brother die in front of you you loving failure

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shabadu posted:

Things that have been said a lot: The loot is irrelevant until it's very relevant, affinity is confusing, the filtering for it is not useful, the UI is difficult to navigate. The class skill trees have lots of numbers that are impenetrable at first glance. It's fine for an action RPG to have an end game switch up in how you treat its systems and itemization, but this game does not dole out mechanics in time with when they are required to engage with.

Things that are personal to me: Button's didn't do what I think they would do and there's too many of them (why is guard, dodge and soulshield 3 separate buttons?). I constantly felt like I was flailing around. There are critically important abilities on Stick Buttons, which I find criminal. Even after moving controls around I did not feel comfortable doing basic actions like opening the spell menu, picking the correct spell and then attempting to target the reticle where I wanted in the time it took to charge up.

I still ended up finding a strategy that worked for me that ignored 90% of the problems I was having, namely just building up Ultima and solving encounters with Magic.

I'm glad there's enough people that the complex layering of confusing systems and interactions worked for. Part of the charm is that it's weird loot and too many buttons and customization is all extra. It's not why I stuck with the game. There's like 2 separate games worth of game in the package and they went for way harder on both. One half didn't work for me and the other half very did.

I agree that the loot system is pretty bad, but having different buttons for different defensive actions is not a problem. They aren't really interchangable either.
iirc the "critically important" stick buttons was just for sage, right? So you can swap between light and dark and then end fights with ultima. So not even a universal problem.

I mean, not to be rude, but this just sounds like old man yelling at the clouds controller type of thing.

Shabadu posted:

Sure. It's fine to want 3 things that you need to differentiate with how you avoid them, but the controls could be simplified or unified. I disagree with the choice to make them require 3 buttons instead of changing the context or timings of fewer buttons. I feel like its one step too much.

I don't see why you couldn't have L1 hold to block, and hold the spell menu button to turn your block into a Soul Shield, and then dodge and dash be the same button, with Hold to dash and press with a direction to dodge.

On top of what ImpAtom said, doing this would be making the game "not control tightly"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 9, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh sweet, It's only a six month exclusive! I thought Sony would be milking that for at least a year if not two

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

No Dignity posted:

Oh sweet, It's only a six month exclusive! I thought Sony would be milking that for at least a year if not two

Worth keeping mind that 'PS5 exclusive for six months' doesn't mean 'PC release six months after'. As I recall there was a gap between the end of the exclusivity as written on the FF7 remake's cover and its release on the EGS Game Store.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgrB-Em18Ns

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

Lately is is because 'The PC release sucks while the PS5 release runs fine' allows me to play things in my spare time instead of waiting for the patch that makes PC versions not poo poo themselves

I'm going to dropkick the next developer who puts out a loving dx12 game without shader pregeneration, especially if it's a UE4 game

fuckin christ

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So I've been playing around with Reshade in FF5 PR to insert a better CRT effect than the dreadful option provided in-game, I'm definitely happier with the output compared to the original image but if I crank the blended interlacing too high to really smoosh the pixels together the text becomes illegible and the screen starts shimmering like an old CRT that really needs degaussing, anyone else had any experience playing around with these things and figured out the best method?

Anyway, here's the before and after with my CRT-royale configuration if anyone's interested, I've posted raw links because alot of the details are lost in timg

Vanilla: https://i.imgur.com/4Uucwru.jpg

CRT-royale: https://i.imgur.com/Wi3ks7J.jpg

I think it really shines merging the colours on the enemy sprites together and giving some texture to the forest and some haziness to the background sky and mountains, and the way it mutes the colour palette really makes the garish base colours less hard on the eyes. Also the way it anti-aliased the font is remarkable, it almost looks like a different typeset it rounds out so well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno about FF16 just yet, a lot of the game doesn't look that.... dog party member??? June, 2023 is so far away, this is the best game ever, I have zero concerns. :3:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sure, you can pet the dog. But this is Final Fantasy.

Can you shoot the dog out of a gun?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

D-Dog rides again

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
So it looks like the main party rounds out to be

Clive - Ifrit
Jill - Shiva
Cid - Ramuh
Torgal - Best Dog

That’s a solid cast.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Party members will come and go as the story proceeds and we go through the timeskips so I'd expect the other Dominants to also be party members at some point

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

This Clive dude seems pretty cool. Especially if he's as dedicated to revenge as Jack was to killing chaos.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Torgal has a dedicated command tab that swaps with items so you can order him with the D-pad, so I expect he'll stick around.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HD DAD posted:

Cid - Ramuh

A literal thunder god Cid, hell yeah.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Goddamn the 14 designs for Ifrit and Garuda translate well into 16

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm glad that Ysayle gets a second chance to not gently caress up in FF16 :)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yoshi P has pushed the art team to make Garuda hotter every time they redesign her and god bless him.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I loving love this dog-forward future

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yoshi P has pushed the art team to make Garuda hotter every time they redesign her and god bless him.
I remember when Garuda was just a bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gently caress it looks so goddamn cool/good, and I love the "good boy" interjection lol

Clearly the dominant of fenrir