Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I forgot that she’s psychic in Sworn to Justice lmao - also Don’t Open Till Christmas is an all time classic sleazy Christmas film, I watched it last night and it was a great time. Better than Dial Code Santa Clasu to me personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
How does Black Christmas rank?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

How does Black Christmas rank?

It’s the best Christmas horror film ever for sure, in my opinion

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don't Open Til Christmas is rumored (confirmed?) to be one of the films on Joe Bob this week too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Sure is and now I finally have a movie mountain

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hell yeah

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

dorium posted:

Sure is and now I finally have a movie mountain

loving sick

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol it says TANNY hell yeah

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

Lol it says TANNY hell yeah

One unfortunate typo here and we would have a 30 page qcs thread

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

FWWM is loving wild. I should watch Mulholland Dr. for the first time this week.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yes you should

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
watch all the lynch (not you inland empire)

got my VS ship notice, just tannmmy and freeway

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Roth posted:

One unfortunate typo here and we would have a 30 page qcs thread

Lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

zer0spunk posted:

watch ... inland empire

Agreed :v:

My VS is set to arrive tomorrow, got my Severin yesterday. It's been a good week! (not really everything sucks, but at least I got my blu rays)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nah, gently caress Inland Empire.

My one VS purchase arrived yesterday - El Santo vs Dr Death.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Speaking of Tammy and the T-Rex, did anyone post this cut of the trailer? Saw it a few months ago at the Prince Charles (before Mad God?) and I knew what film it was - thanks RLM - but it got a big laugh from the audience at the reveal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TjMvBmKuo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

MacheteZombie posted:

Hell yeah, Nichijou

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My 4k of Coraline that I'd forgotten about preordering until the ship notification arrived today. I've always really loved the movie and I'm excited to watch it again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

quote:

watch inland empire
Agreed :v:

:same:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Got a giant greasy load of movies in this weekend

The prophecy has been fulfilled. Earth Girls on BRD. A Blu with full colour disc printing, digital code, and foil slip, for $10.49.

Also got my Cinema Speculation :madmax:

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1602612478218747906
Finally a little short-run BRD-R of the first 80 episodes of a web series. Comes with w nice booklet and an envelope drawn upon. You can see photos of another web series selfmade release i bought many years ago in that thread. Here's the first reply.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1602615412755136512

You can order Tux and Fanny here

pwn fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 14, 2022

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pwn posted:

Also got my Cinema Speculation :madmax:

This color palette really makes me think of the Crestwood Monster books

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
kind of random, there's a new justin roiland game (high on life, PC & Console) where you can watch entire films in game at various times, two of which are tammy and the t-rex and blood harvest.
https://primagames.com/tips/all-full-length-movies-in-high-on-life-listed

whole lotta gamers and rick and morty fans are about to be very confused

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

If Blood Harvest and Tiny Tim can make a resurgence in popular culture, we'll all be the better for it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Is this the Justin Roiland redemption arc we've all been waiting for?*

Anyways, I got my VinSyn package today, and I don't know if this is a packaging error but with my copy of Flesh For Frankenstein I got everything that's supposed to come in the set (4K disc, 2D blu ray and 3D blu ray), but then I also received an additional 4K disc in a paper sleeve. The extra 4K disc has a slightly differen't "4k" logo on the right hand side, it's yellow and the one sealed in the case is black. I don't have a UHD player so I can't confirm if it's the same as the other 4K disc.

*I honestly don't have anything against the guy, I even liked some post R&M stuff he did like that Accounting+ VR game

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Is this the Justin Roiland redemption arc we've all been waiting for?*

Anyways, I got my VinSyn package today, and I don't know if this is a packaging error but with my copy of Flesh For Frankenstein I got everything that's supposed to come in the set (4K disc, 2D blu ray and 3D blu ray), but then I also received an additional 4K disc in a paper sleeve. The extra 4K disc has a slightly differen't "4k" logo on the right hand side, it's yellow and the one sealed in the case is black. I don't have a UHD player so I can't confirm if it's the same as the other 4K disc.

*I honestly don't have anything against the guy, I even liked some post R&M stuff he did like that Accounting+ VR game

The extra disc is a replacement because the original has a defect, just swap out the one in the box with the one in the sleeve and enjoy :hai:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
My Vinegar Syndrome order has shipped

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I should really buy Flesh For Frankenstein

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh man how do I know if I have the right one I haven't checked or watched it yet

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The one in the box should be the defective one and you replace it with the one in the paper sleeve.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Yeah and if you didn’t get it for some reason email their support they’ll just send the replacement out to you for sure

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Raging Fire (2021), an instant Donnie Yen action classic and Benny Chan's final film, can't recommend this enough! It's incredible, so much cool fun for the HK action film fan. A tour de force. And the blu-ray is $15.99 at the usual places, a steal.

Always cool to see the David Lynch and Tarantino talk, the best. And I've been meaning to see a few titles in this page so I'll bump those up my list. (Earth Girls Are Easy, Times Square, Coraline, and whatnot.)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Heavy Metal posted:

Always cool to see the David Lynch and Tarantino talk, the best.

... to each other?? Because I can't picture that conversation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Origami Dali posted:

... to each other?? Because I can't picture that conversation.

That's something we need to happen! I've heard them both on chill podcasts, so maybe one of those should book them at the same time, for the good of the people.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

It’s v annoying that half of GoT was bad because there’s a reasonable price for the 4K set and it would be nice to support physical media. But I also know it just ends like rear end!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zer0spunk posted:

kind of random, there's a new justin roiland game (high on life, PC & Console) where you can watch entire films in game at various times, two of which are tammy and the t-rex and blood harvest.
https://primagames.com/tips/all-full-length-movies-in-high-on-life-listed

whole lotta gamers and rick and morty fans are about to be very confused

Also Vampire Hookers and Demon Wind (also available from VinSyn).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Boywhiz88 posted:

It’s v annoying that half of GoT was bad because there’s a reasonable price for the 4K set and it would be nice to support physical media. But I also know it just ends like rear end!

if only i could get the time back watching this and lost

On the plus I know to avoid anything both sets of writers of these shows do so lessons have been learned

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

The one in the box should be the defective one and you replace it with the one in the paper sleeve.

Sorry, that was a poorly worded question. I was a subscriber so I got the movie in January, and I have an email that says they were sending a replacement, but it's been a long year, so I"m not sure if the disk I have was replaced by me or is the original. It's the yellow label though so I think I replaced it properly.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Heavy Metal posted:

Raging Fire (2021), an instant Donnie Yen action classic and Benny Chan's final film, can't recommend this enough! It's incredible, so much cool fun for the HK action film fan. A tour de force. And the blu-ray is $15.99 at the usual places, a steal.

Always cool to see the David Lynch and Tarantino talk, the best. And I've been meaning to see a few titles in this page so I'll bump those up my list. (Earth Girls Are Easy, Times Square, Coraline, and whatnot.)

Can you head over to the action thread and recommend this please? Or I can cross post it with your permission.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Arrow's March preorders go up tomorrow

Black Sunday (1977)
The House That Screamed restoration (also featuring the 11-minute-longer uncut version called The Finishing School)
Knockabout restoration (featuring both the original Hong Kong theatrical cut and the shorter Export cut)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
This thread just willed a criterion BD of inland empire for march.

I guess they figured it wasn't worth the hassle of upscaling all the DV portions for a UHD version.

easy skip but hey, more lynch on disc

e:

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1603435082928324608

quote:

More Things That Happened, seventy-five minutes of extra scenes

:negative: oh good, the hour+ cut out of the 3 hour movie

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 15, 2022