Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

Jesus, what an ending to White Lotus. Season 1 was great, season 2 was better.

Absolutely. I love how I just stumbled upon it earlier in the summer because my wife and I were just looking for stuff that was filmed in Hawaii prior to our vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished watching Severance and I liked it A LOT, literally on the edge of my seat. Sucks that I'm gonna have to wait for Season 2 :negative:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

im watching Prisoners

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

A MIRACLE posted:

im watching Prisoners

How I felt after I watched this movie, Prisoners Edition.
code:
Wizard of Oz <---------------------------------> Se7en
                                            ^
                                        Prisoners

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

White Lotus wrapped up a great season two with a super tense finale. I really didn't expect Jennifer Coolidge to die, I had thought they were going to have her be a recurring character for each of the seasons. So much for plot armor! At least she got to go out guns blazing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Zoracle Zed posted:

Just finished The English, a six episode revisionist Western miniseries on amazon prime. I loving loved how hard this show leaned into throwing insane bit parts at incredible character actors. (Ciarán Hinds is the episode 1 bad guy.). Lead actor Emily Blunt is pretty good, her co-lead Chaske Spencer is fantastic. Unfortunately there's a bunch of contractually-required prestige television flashbacks and ponderous voice-overs in the middle. All in all, pretty great.

I watched 2 episodes of this, lemme get your opinion on this: Is the main guy Chaske Spencer looking like a Marky Mark? I agree hes great in the show, but goddamn does it look like native american mark walhberg

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Enos Cabell posted:

White Lotus wrapped up a great season two with a super tense finale. I really didn't expect Jennifer Coolidge to die, I had thought they were going to have her be a recurring character for each of the seasons. So much for plot armor! At least she got to go out guns blazing.

My anus was clenched almost the entire episode. Jesus Christ what a tense episode of TV

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

man prisoners was loving good

edit, apparently there's a dragon age series, and its TV MA ?? putting this on

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 13, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Well, they didn't just cancel Minx (despite completing production on Season 2). They're also pulling Season 1 off of HBO MAX.

What the actual gently caress, Zaslav?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Did the same for Gordita Chronicles, apparently so they don’t have to do any residual payments because they are literally looking for couch change at this point

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

A MIRACLE posted:

man prisoners was loving good

one of my favorite movies of the 2010's. everything villenueve touches is gold

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why does Apple+'s HDR look the best? Why does Amazons look like cheeks?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Disposable Scud posted:

Why does Apple+'s HDR look the best? Why does Amazons look like cheeks?

AFAIK Apple has the highest bitrate of any streaming service

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The Modern Leper posted:

Well, they didn't just cancel Minx (despite completing production on Season 2). They're also pulling Season 1 off of HBO MAX.

What the actual gently caress, Zaslav?
Eventually the only thing left on HBO Max will be the current season of HotD (past seasons will be removed)

https://twitter.com/AndalusianDoge/status/1602465721446957058

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, pulling Westworld is breaking the first rule of HBO, that HBO shows will always be available.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

F.D. Signifier posted:

Eventually the only thing left on HBO Max will be the current season of HotD (past seasons will be removed)

https://twitter.com/AndalusianDoge/status/1602465721446957058

It's not TV, it's--oh, it's actually basically just tv yeah sorry

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like ultimate endgame for streaming services is for you to pay and also watch ads so yeah. The only problem they had with the cable TV model is that they weren't the ones cashing the checks.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

smackfu posted:

Wow, pulling Westworld is breaking the first rule of HBO, that HBO shows will always be available.

I mean, I feel like I've been served a lot of ads for Max that promoted Westworld as a reason for subscribing, to the point where it not being there feels like legitimate false advertising.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Plex, trackers. gently caress em.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Famethrowa posted:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess Netflix negotiating with WB to for the ad service really lit a fire under Zaslav.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
This really is the dark ages of streaming video.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
with the slavering mutant of AI art ripping its way out into the world it’s a bad time for creative pursuits in general

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Famethrowa posted:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

checking out Inside Man

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Someone's gonna drop the master file to every HBO property onto archive.org, watch.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Inside Man has a really bizarre tone. half of it is set in england and feels like a typical trashy northern europe crime and shock ripped from the tabloids thing

the other half has stanley tucci kicking it with a witty obese cannibal in prison and cracking jokes about eating eachothers parents and poo poo. the gently caress am I watching lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oxxidation posted:

with the slavering mutant of AI art ripping its way out into the world it’s a bad time for creative pursuits in general

lmao

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I enjoyed Emily the Criminal

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

ok i've settled on watching the back catalogue of Death in Paradise. a show I always end up watching on vacation at 2 am because the hotel has weird channels. the theres 13 seasons of this and so far its way better than inside man

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

How am I only just now realizing that at the beginning of Jurassic Park, Sam Neil bonks together two female seat belt ends, then ties them together to buckle himself in

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Inspector Hound posted:

How am I only just now realizing that at the beginning of Jurassic Park, Sam Neil bonks together two female seat belt ends, then ties them together to buckle himself in

A classic and a great example of a movie being subtle with its references. Nature finds a way!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Inspector Hound posted:

I appreciate that Sattler (Laura Dern) doesn't have to womansplain it to him but my memory of it is completely backwards.

Had to watch a clip to confirm you're spot on. She just looks on as he fumbles with them.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Timo (The Night comes for us, Headshot) has a new flick out today, "The Big 4"! The Night Comes for Us is an all time fav and I am happy that Netflix is giving him money to make these crazy, violent films.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Feels so bizarre that the Wednesday dance is all over Tiktok with different music than they used in the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The simple solution is to not watch people dance on Tiktok

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

feedmyleg posted:

The simple solution is to not use Tiktok

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zachack posted:

I mean, I feel like I've been served a lot of ads for Max that promoted Westworld as a reason for subscribing, to the point where it not being there feels like legitimate false advertising.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel like ultimate endgame for streaming services is for you to pay and also watch ads so yeah. The only problem they had with the cable TV model is that they weren't the ones cashing the checks.

Inspector Hound posted:

It's not TV, it's--oh, it's actually basically just tv yeah sorry
https://twitter.com/MTFIII/status/1603150494117117954

Oxxidation posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
those are faked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Time to track down one of the five existing copies of the Station Eleven dvds.