Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The TL notes are just scanlator speculation about how the barrier works, some physics notes about real mass vs imaginary mass and some more Buddhism esoterica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014703

Official release!

I think I preferred the fan translation more. Star Rage is pretty generic and loses the cool flavor of Bom Ba ye

Also, I'm a little confused about Kenjaku's remaining techniques because of Yuki's inner dialogue. Does he still have a gravity technique left? Because according to Yuki, it's probable that Kenjaku can only use extracted techniques once, but he just used his gravity tech to stop Choso's blood meteors. Doesn't this mean it's gone now?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't notice it in the fan scans but goddamn that domain is gnarly looking.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

yum posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014703

Official release!

I think I preferred the fan translation more. Star Rage is pretty generic and loses the cool flavor of Bom Ba ye

Also, I'm a little confused about Kenjaku's remaining techniques because of Yuki's inner dialogue. Does he still have a gravity technique left? Because according to Yuki, it's probable that Kenjaku can only use extracted techniques once, but he just used his gravity tech to stop Choso's blood meteors. Doesn't this mean it's gone now?

as i read it, yuki assumes that the gravity technique is a separate thing from uzumaki and its wide arsenal of single-shot curses. she further believes he has another reusable technique in his bag of tricks, which she's trying (tried?) to bait out

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
How the heck did he get a gravity technique if not through uzumaki. Maybe his body jumping ability also allows him to inherit his past body's curse techniques

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
man the official translation is kinda hard to follow this week

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Alright could...could someone explain Kenjaku's known abilities to me? I'm kinda lost.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

Alright could...could someone explain Kenjaku's known abilities to me? I'm kinda lost.

Kenjaku has three known Cursed Techniques. The ability to transfer his brain into different bodies, Cursed Spirit Manipulation which belongs to his current host, and Gravity control which is new. Cursed Spirit Manipulation's Supreme Art Uzumaki also allows him to extract Cursed Techniques from powerful Curses, but they seem to be one use only, and he does not likely have a huge stockpile of them or any other Techniques, but Yuki thinks he might have a fourth one.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 27, 2022

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Okay. So "Uzumaki" is cursed spirit manipulation. Yuki also hypothesized that Kenjaku might have a method of expanding his goddamn brain to contain his library of techniques or possibly to allow him to hold more than one technique permanently. Maybe that's part of his original technique or a combination of his technique used in conjunction with Uzumaki. Am I on the right track here?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Am Fowl posted:

Okay. So "Uzumaki" is cursed spirit manipulation. Yuki also hypothesized that Kenjaku might have a method of expanding his goddamn brain to contain his library of techniques or possibly to allow him to hold more than one technique permanently. Maybe that's part of his original technique or a combination of his technique used in conjunction with Uzumaki. Am I on the right track here?

I think she was more likely saying that he probably doesn't have an external way to hold techniques like Okkkotsu does with Rika, so he probably doesn't have a ton of hidden cursed techniques (discounting the 3 he already showed and the one-offs he can use with Uzumaki), but she can't discount the fact that he might have a fourth one as a hidden card.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think she was more likely saying that he probably doesn't have an external way to hold techniques like Okkkotsu does with Rika, so he probably doesn't have a ton of hidden cursed techniques (discounting the 3 he already showed and the one-offs he can use with Uzumaki), but she can't discount the fact that he might have a fourth one as a hidden card.

Yeah because he lacks an external storage, she thinks he can only have around Four.

Kenjaku also does not want to lose any High Grade Curses to her, so he's going for a Domain.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Seeing those two try and figure out who has what and what the other might be hiding is like a really aggressive round of bidding in of Bid Whist and I don't know why that's where my mind went in that fight. I love that Yuki's power is appropriately unga-bunga for the woman who mentored Todo.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5552/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-206

Scanslation

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
now I'm even more confused about Kenjaku's remaining techniques. His domain expansion uses gravity means his innate technique is gravity? But what about the body swapping? Why does he have three techniques!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The body-swapping is the real Kenjaku's innate technique (1). He gets the ability of whatever body he is currently occupying which in this case is Geto's Cursed Spirit Manipulation (2) and Uzumaki (3) which isn't technically a third thing, it's just the ultimate expression of what CSM can do.

The fourth technique is what they're currently trying to figure out but we don't know if it's just something else he's using via Uzumaki or a real extra technique he has.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm really not sure Chouso is strong enough to pull off this distraction while Yuki heals, but I hope it works out. I wonder what Tengen is concealing about the Culling Game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tosk posted:

I'm really not sure Chouso is strong enough to pull off this distraction while Yuki heals, but I hope it works out. I wonder what Tengen is concealing about the Culling Game.

I got the impression that Onii-san is there to gently caress him up, not to stall for her to heal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pierson posted:

The body-swapping is the real Kenjaku's innate technique (1). He gets the ability of whatever body he is currently occupying which in this case is Geto's Cursed Spirit Manipulation (2) and Uzumaki (3) which isn't technically a third thing, it's just the ultimate expression of what CSM can do.

The fourth technique is what they're currently trying to figure out but we don't know if it's just something else he's using via Uzumaki or a real extra technique he has.

Gravity is not an Uzumaki technqiue., it seems to be something he is capable of. It's possible it's his original technique and the body swapping came from a Cursed Object.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My jjk conspiracy theory about Kenjaku is the prison realm is a shikigami connected to Kenjaku, and whoever gets absorbed by it grants Kenjaku their curse technique/power. . I have no evidence to support this, other than Kenjaku has a lot of cursed techniques.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I saw a neat theory about Kenjaku's brain hopping technique. He might be possessing people like a cursed object because his brain has a mouth that's extremely similar to Angel/Sukuna's mouths when theirs pops up on the host's body. The dudes an expert on it after all. His innate technique may truly be that gravity womb totem.

edit: oops didn't see monsterenvy already mention this above

https://twitter.com/1ChanR4/status/1597604298137169920?s=20&t=Lt3ekPHIq_lVWTS2ZHQYfw

yum fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 13, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Gravity is not an Uzumaki technqiue., it seems to be something he is capable of. It's possible it's his original technique and the body swapping came from a Cursed Object.

That's a cool idea and I think the one that makes most sense. Bodyswapping does seem like a manufactured or external technique imo. Though that's more of a meta supposition not really a textual one on my part.

We already knew he and Tengen were aware of each other but I'm interested in their past. I wonder if Kenjaku and Tengen initially intended to work together on Kenjaku's plan back in the old days and Tengen changed his mind. I'm also curious if Kenjaku's life continuation came about as a result of wanting to be able to hang out with Tengen more. Possibly even worked on it together using the Star Vessel stuff as a basis for body hopping.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5566/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-207

Scanslation out

I love kenny's facial expressions

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh gently caress, oh gently caress, I love Kenny so much but gently caress

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The goddamn skull cap spin. Move over Luffy, there's a new ridiculous power in town.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
guessing tsukomo doesn't die here but having to reverse curse a hole through her torso is going to put her out of action until kenjaku has gotten what he wants

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blockhouse posted:

guessing tsukomo doesn't die here but having to reverse curse a hole through her torso is going to put her out of action until kenjaku has gotten what he wants

the only way I don't see this manga ending right away is if Tengen was lying/mistaken about Kenjaku's true goal, and he's here for something other than turning everyone into cursed spirits

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I don't think Tsukomo can heal anymore since cursed energy comes from the stomach. Kenny purposefully targeted that area. Tengan has been awfully silent this entire time as well. Maybe they'll merge to try to save her which would also render Tengan immune to cursed spirit manipulation. Bad end for Tsukomo if that happens, don't trust Tengan!!

Control of RCT from the brain, cursed energy source from the stomach. Kashimo tried targeting both those reas in his fight against Hakari as they're the only weakpoints when he has infinite CE

yum fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 16, 2022

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

yum posted:

I don't think Tsukomo can heal anymore since cursed energy comes from the stomach. Kenny purposefully targeted that area. Tengan has been awfully silent this entire time as well. Maybe they'll merge to try to save her which would also render Tengan immune to cursed spirit manipulation. Bad end for Tsukomo if that happens, don't trust Tengan!!

Control of RCT from the brain, cursed energy source from the stomach. Kashimo tried targeting both those reas in his fight against Hakari as they're the only weakpoints when he has infinite CE

Edit: hadn't seen your last line, was just linking to the panel where Kashimo mentions that

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5578/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-208

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:negative:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
An incredibly badass way to go but I'm annoyed he completely no-sold it.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

It's going to be incredibly disappointing if Gege plays it that straight, so I hope there's a reversal coming. Otherwise in my opinion it's a pretty lovely design flaw after this many generations of shonen battle manga to turn a potentially major character from the background into a jobber to force the point about their antag being a badass

edit: that said, Kenjaku is so over the top ("whew.") that it makes me think there's probably another gotcha. Tengen also might be in shock but he doesn't seem terrified. We'll see

Tosk fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 23, 2022

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

skipmyseashells posted:

I really liked nobara but gege loves to have girl characters die so one of the boys can be more important more than I ever could

evergreen

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Normally I'm pretty forgiving of JJK and like, it's not like the Choso stuff is bad or anything on it's own but yeesh, not feeling the way this fight ended at all

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Getting big Konan vs. Tobi vibes from the end of this fight.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if nobara wasnt still such a hanging question mark i think this would've gone down smoother. gege is still leagues leagues leagues leagues leagues better at letting women shine than horikoshi even with these missteps

though point of order she wasnt a jobber, she pushed the archvillain into pulling just about everything from his bag of tricks. jobber aint synonymous with "the one who lost"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Yea but in shounen you need wins, the entire genre is fights with a winner and a loser and if the girls are consistently losing its not a good look. Ive already bitched about this in this thread with Nobara dying. Nobara was one of the coolest female characters in manga and as far as the story was concerned she was unceremoniously killed off and forgotten. Maki was insanely disfigured. This badass new character pushed the villain sure but in the end was dispatched and no sold.

its definitely my biggest peeve with gege and jjk. Theres so many cool female characters would love it if they stayed alive

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

She got totally shut out on her kamikaze attack in exchange for an infodump. I get that Kenjaku's thing is that he's had centuries to learn the ins and outs of JJK logic and he can pretty much hack the system at this point but the textual justification would be easier to swallow if the context wasn't in an extremely played out shonen trope. The comparison to Pain and Konan nailed it but I still hope there's a twist..

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i am losing hope for ever seeing nobara again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

drat this sucks, rip another cool rear end lady