Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I think it’s neat that there are many good games today I think I will enjoy them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I feel like Kansas should play like this every game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I feel like Kansas should play like this every game.

They can beat anyone if they do.

They don't all the time though, still meshing and inconsistent and the lack of size is going to be a problem somewhere down the line.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA getting outworked on defense and not hitting the shots when they get them. Houston definitely better than they looked against Alabama.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Lol, Cornell up 11 on Syracuse. Stay in that zone, Jimmy, I'm sure it'll start working any second now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at depaul

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/CJMooreHoops/status/1604194006295932929

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Hey UNC can you play like you did in the tourney in March? Thanks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man, DePaul is down bad as a program

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This makes me wonder if Mo Wagner ever paid for a replacement set of Raftery's glasses

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1604245204726386689?t=abKpGPXuaOhtHvE5sI1iqw&s=19

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

OPAONI posted:

Hey UNC can you play like you did in the tourney in March? Thanks.

Thanks.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

UVA getting outworked on defense and not hitting the shots when they get them. Houston definitely better than they looked against Alabama.

Just got flat beat today. Still think we’ll steam roll the ACC

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Just got back from Charlottesville, I certainly didn't think we'd win so that was a pleasant surprise

Terrific crowd at JPJ! UVA played some of the most mistake-free ball on offense I've ever seen, but just couldn't hit open looks. We got just enough offensive boards and hustle plays to win it, and we actually hit free throws, which cost us badly against Alabama.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Dang, UNLV couldn't keep it up. San Francisco winning the battle of the has-beens these past two years.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Surprised Kentucky was in the game as long as they were. Their offense is atrocious.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT covers the spread against Grambling to finish the non conference slate 11-1. Team is better than last year's, and is starting to get much better on D the last few games. Star freshman guard Rodney Rice from DeMatha should be healthy for his first game in orange and maroon Wednesday at Boston College.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the refs for this Tennessee-Arizona game have been some bullshit

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the refs for this Tennessee-Arizona game have been some bullshit

Clearly a state of Tennessee bias. The refs for Memphis- Texas A&M were terrible as well. The game took a solid 2 hr: 50 min from start to end... With no overtime.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Surprised Kentucky was in the game as long as they were. Their offense is atrocious.

The entire team just strikes me as a bunch of misfit pieces.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn at USC this afternoon, quirky tidbit I hadn't heard before:

The Auburn Observer posted:

But Auburn playing USC on the hardwood isn’t just a case of Pearl wanting to schedule a marquee Power 5 opponent. No, some of it has to do with Auburn volleyball.

Back in 2020, Auburn hired Brent Crouch away from USC to be the head coach of its volleyball program. According to Pearl, part of Crouch’s buyout involved Auburn playing at USC in basketball. The Tigers will also play the Trojans in baseball here in Los Angeles in late February.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee wins the game last night by double digits if they refs call even close to a fair game. Our guys were getting clobbered all night and no whistles at all. Meanwhile our guys can’t do anything without a foul. It was dumb as poo poo

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee wins the game last night by double digits if they refs call even close to a fair game. Our guys were getting clobbered all night and no whistles at all. Meanwhile our guys can’t do anything without a foul. It was dumb as poo poo

lol and lmao, if this post said Kansas, Duke, Kentucky or Carolina instead of Tennessee whoever posted it would be dragged like a tired mop.

More evidence that Tennessee isn’t, never was, and never will be there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol what a stupid take. People complain about refs every game from every team.

Also double lol naming four of the best franchises of all time and saying the reason a team who’s never made the final four isn’t good because…someone complained about refs??

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 18, 2022

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou used up their one Miracle that they get every couple years to beat UCF yesterday

https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/1604192075083579393

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol what a stupid take. People complain about refs every game from every team.

Also double lol naming four of the best franchises of all time and saying the reason a team who’s never made the final four isn’t good because…someone complained about refs??

Personally I agree that Tennessee will never be good until their fans complain as little as Duke fans, the notoriously amiable fanbase

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Tbf the only way to beat UCLA right now is for a guard to have a career shooting day. Not a lot of easy buckets against them so someone has to have a big night.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Gorman Thomas posted:

Tbf the only way to beat UCLA right now is for a guard to have a career shooting day. Not a lot of easy buckets against them so someone has to have a big night.

So you're saying ending the game 0-11 from the field is not the way to do it?

That stat gets worse when you see that UCLA also went 4 minutes without a FG until a couple in the final 40 seconds.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

lol and lmao, if this post said Kansas, Duke, Kentucky or Carolina instead of Tennessee whoever posted it would be dragged like a tired mop.

More evidence that Tennessee isn’t, never was, and never will be there.

what the gently caress do any these words have to do with what I posted? shut the gently caress up you dumb bitch

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What is with the UK fans who think UK fans would be happy with some coach other than Cal in 2023-24.
It's not like any coach with the combination of recruiting prowess and major program management ability is going to jump at this job if UK fans turn on Calipari.
The best reasonable match I can find is Mark Pope (?). Is there some former NBA player or former coach turned analyst I'm not thinking of who might be able to pull off the leap to blue blood coach in 4 seasons or less?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lobos are 11-0 :smug: Richard is now the superior Pitino.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

tadashi posted:

What is with the UK fans who think UK fans would be happy with some coach other than Cal in 2023-24.
It's not like any coach with the combination of recruiting prowess and major program management ability is going to jump at this job if UK fans turn on Calipari.
The best reasonable match I can find is Mark Pope (?). Is there some former NBA player or former coach turned analyst I'm not thinking of who might be able to pull off the leap to blue blood coach in 4 seasons or less?

“Oscar, I think we aughtta hire Rick Pateener. I’ll hang up and listen.”

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sees Duke score

Hurriedly changes to Duke channel

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Been a while since I checked in on the Chris Beard story. Let's see how that's g-
https://twitter.com/isbeardfired/status/1605198469324570624?s=61&t=gbXy20LVGO76nouRGQoccA
https://twitter.com/macred1892/status/1605330135892230145?s=61&t=gbXy20LVGO76nouRGQoccA
... oh...

oh dear :cripes:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 21, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Duke

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Getting wrecked by Miami is not a great sign

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

gently caress Duke

Deacs bitch

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alright folks it’s time for an Iowa Basketball Update!

Let’s see how Caitlin Clark is doing so far this year:

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1605644824757080082?s=61&t=AX9eh9AWe5b0Sry1zNMxIQ

Excellent, wonderful, perfect, let’s see how the men’s team is faring this year:

https://twitter.com/themaxmeyer/status/1605691222722584580?s=61&t=AX9eh9AWe5b0Sry1zNMxIQ

https://twitter.com/tonysroe/status/1605691507675172864?s=61&t=AX9eh9AWe5b0Sry1zNMxIQ

oh my god no more please just show me more Caitlin Clark highlights

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
let’s roll those numbers https://twitter.com/eiu_panthers/status/1605693248932126729?s=46&t=jGt9GcXYGBRD_lTR_VXHog

the Kenpom line was Iowa 89-57, a 99.8% win probability.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 22, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
[sweats at Purdue's 34.5 point favorite tonight]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sickoscbb/status/1605724292200730625?s=46&t=4jqw1xkL3paGk-gsVo2_zw