Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

gently caress ODA BACKWARDS IS ADO.

The biggest reveal of all is that the Oda we thought we knew from those 1 or 2 photos is actually a beard, he's actually a she, and she's also a great singer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It just means Oda is a Dracula and Ado is his actual Daughter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The biggest reveal of all is that the Oda we thought we knew from those 1 or 2 photos is actually a beard, he's actually a she, and she's also a great singer.

I hate to make you feel old, but Ado is younger than One Piece.

By 5 years.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

So she says.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

NILBOG IS GO-

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nikumatic posted:

We've had Dragon Ball and My Hero now both show up in Fortnite not just with playable skins but adding in Kamehameha and whatever the hell Deku's big punch is idk I bounced off MHA pretty hard as usable superpowers in the game, so I'd eat my Straw Hat if we didn't get a One Piece crossover by the end of 2023.

At this point I fully believe we'll see OP sometime this summer. On top of Dragon Ball and MHA, they've had two sets of Naruto costumes, so I think they've locked in on doing a JUMP thing every quarter. I could see Dragon Ball set 2 in like March, and then the One Piece set drops in time to tie in with Gear 5.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just heard that apparently the dub of the anime is aiming to be fully caught up by the end of 2023, which is nuts to me considering they just put out the end of Whole Cake pretty recently and especially considering how far behind they were just a few years ago.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Arist posted:

Just heard that apparently the dub of the anime is aiming to be fully caught up by the end of 2023, which is nuts to me considering they just put out the end of Whole Cake pretty recently and especially considering how far behind they were just a few years ago.

They were mid-Dressrosa in 2020. Now we're at the end of 2022 and they've just put out their first Wano batch. A four year catchup in just two. Still, by the time they've hit Onigashima, the sub will probably be finished Wano and the obligatory between-arc filler content and be covering the current manga stuff.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 20, 2022

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, it would be crazy for it be a live-ish dub release. Are there even any live dubs for ongoing shows? Most every live-ish dub show is a seasonal show.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Teek posted:

Yeah, it would be crazy for it be a live-ish dub release. Are there even any live dubs for ongoing shows? Most every live-ish dub show is a seasonal show.

I think Pokemon is still getting dubbed, though it's still like 60 or so episodes behind at all times.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The newest one piece anime episode rules. The frantic pacing of cutting between a bunch of different fights and locations works better in the anime and their tendency to pad scenes out, it actually creates a good balance for each aspect of the raid to shine. Even Raizo v Fukurokuju has really high quality animation

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

How far off are they from Gear Five, do you reckon?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We've got about 21 chapters worth of episodes left before the episode that adapts 1044.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

21 chapters? For real? Sanji just started fighting Queen, is there seriously that much left? Most of the Tobi Roppo are down and Luffys already been knocked down to the sea!! That seems like an incredible amount of chapters

e: I guess maybe not... we still have Yams vs Kaido, Orochis last death, Big Moms fight and defeat, King vs Zoro, Queen vs Sanji, Luffys return, CP0s interludes and interference... i guess there is a lot even though it feels like its wrapping up. I really did forget how long Wano was, and we just left it

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 20, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And to tie with mabels' post: a few weeks ago we had an episode adapt half a chapter (it was Robin's big fight, getting greatly expanded) so with break weeks and stuff I'm just gonna assume like June/July

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wano was ridiculously drawn out

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meme Emulator posted:

21 chapters? For real? Sanji just started fighting Queen, is there seriously that much left? Most of the Tobi Roppo are down and Luffys already been knocked down to the sea!! That seems like an incredible amount of chapters

I'm just going based off this last episode, which adapted most of 1022. They might have shifted stuff around in the anime, I dunno.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Seniram Eht Nioj

lol seeing that as im being chased...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1605397658582929408?s=20&t=iGhuAaC6CBHjtnp97iLMTA

A limited edition One Piece TCG card based off of the cover of the first issue One Piece appeared in will be included with the new year's issue of Jump to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ZWAD_-wR0
New video, looking really good

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

The newest one piece anime episode rules. The frantic pacing of cutting between a bunch of different fights and locations works better in the anime and their tendency to pad scenes out, it actually creates a good balance for each aspect of the raid to shine. Even Raizo v Fukurokuju has really high quality animation
This scene is really really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vIeE50lE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dammit, the minimap is still there when playing as Zoro :(

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Terper posted:

Dammit, the minimap is still there when playing as Zoro :(

0/10 game, utter trash

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All their abilities got stolen, including Zoro's ability to get lost.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlationsw/chapter-1070/

the dogshit scanslation is out if you can't wait until Friday

okokok

yum fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 22, 2022

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gear 5 is so loving cool

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I finished Fishman Island saga today. I’m not sure why people don’t think of this one very favorably. It starts slow, sure, but man I think Oda really is a great storyteller.

Thriller Bark I get why people don’t like, but this one is a great morality tale.

Now I’m onto the Doflamingo story, which I’m excited about.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 22, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Note: judge's normal, non-curly eyebrows

EDIT: Why does hancock age luffy in the roller coaster?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 22, 2022

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Gear 5 has made me smile and chuckle a few times, but the first time it made me laugh out loud was when Luffy's giant malevolent grinning face popped out of the ground to chomp on Lucci. Amazing.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I was pleased to see Robin vs Black Maria animated. She finally got another fight!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Luffy again reverted to an "old man" after using Gear 5, despite still being in great condition and Lucci basically being demoted to a jobber against him. I wonder if that is gonna be a legit downside to the form or if it's only happening cause Luffy thinks it's funny, much like chibi-luffy after his pre-time skip Gear 3 uses.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's cool that Luffy seemingly gets even dumber in Gear 5

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good c--:yikes:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TaurusOxford posted:

Luffy again reverted to an "old man" after using Gear 5, despite still being in great condition and Lucci basically being demoted to a jobber against him. I wonder if that is gonna be a legit downside to the form or if it's only happening cause Luffy thinks it's funny, much like chibi-luffy after his pre-time skip Gear 3 uses.

Probably a side effect when he comes out of it. Lucci actually seems in somewhat better shape as he already recovered, probably only got knocked out for a second or two.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Probably a side effect when he comes out of it. Lucci actually seems in somewhat better shape as he already recovered, probably only got knocked out for a second or two.

He is a Awakened Zoan, presumably he's at least as quick to get back up as the beast guards from impel Down.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
If we're ever going to find out something about Luffy's mom I bet it's gonna be the woman whos back is turned on this issue's cover

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Super Rad posted:

If we're ever going to find out something about Luffy's mom I bet it's gonna be the woman whos back is turned on this issue's cover

Isn't that just Robins mom? Olivia?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Super Rad posted:

That's just Sora isn't it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was pleased to see Robin vs Black Maria animated. She finally got another fight!

I thought they stretched out the fight a little too long, but I loved how it wrapped up, especially the shot of her henchwomen looking through the crack and seeing that thing hunched over their defeated mistress. It ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

yum posted:

https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlationsw/chapter-1070/

the dogshit scanslation is out if you can't wait until Friday

is it just me or is it kind of weird that S-Snake, a child, is able to turn fully grown men into statues with hearts for eyes with the mero mero fruit...

I’m about to tap the loving sign