Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Why, I think I'll simply just try to overpower Miu Watanabe!"
- A fool, a simpleton, an imbecile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

L

O

V

E

:love:

:woop:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

"Why, I think I'll simply just try to overpower Miu Watanabe!"
- A fool, a simpleton, an imbecile

Could Miu Watanabe overpower Miu Watanabe?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

Could Miu Watanabe overpower Miu Watanabe?

They try to giant swing each other and create a perpetual motion machine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Miyu cutting her post-match promo in English for Rhio's benefit :swoon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fantastic news, Chris and Drew bring such good vibes

https://mobile.twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1601969339217113088

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/nodoka_p/status/1602235369591750657?t=JpuJa726bxLq7HA7U4Vpbw&s=19

Nodoka Tenma and Ryuichi Sekine married

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Farm life
https://twitter.com/ryuichisekine/status/1602224626456662017

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Stardom announced Trios league teams; some interesting people in them

Red Triangle
H&M (Mayu Iwatani, Hanan, Momo Kohgo)
Queen's Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM)
Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Natsupoi, SAKI)
Bari Bari Bombers (Giulia, Thekla, Mai Sakurai)
Unique Glare (Starlight Kid, Haruka Umesaki, Ruaka)
Power Passion Pineapple (Nanae Yakahashi, Yuu, Yuna Mizumori)
Mystery team

Blue Triangle
Abarenbo GE (Syuri, MIRAI, Ami Sohrei)
Classmates (Hazuki, Koguma, Saya Iida)
MaiHime with C (Maika, Himeka, Lady C)
Lollipop (Rina Amikura, Yuko Sakurai, Waka Tsukiyama)
Prominence (Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki, Hiiragi Kurumi)
Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima)
REBELxENEMY (Maya Yukihi, Maika Ozaki, Ram Kaichow)

Some speculation on the TBA team is that it'll be the first foreign team post-pandemic: perhaps teaming with Mina Shirakawa who is the most noticeable absence from this. There is one Stardom-affiliated team you could do (like Mina/Unagi/Hikari Shimizu as a third CA/Color's team) but you'd just announce that one on the day; so it being some foreigners or shock outsiders with a name make sense. I've seen speculation of this being Mercedes Varnado and like Stardom are not paying her a fortune to work the TRIOS LEAGUE house show loop; that would be a massive waste of money.

Its an indication that they're carrying on working with the outsiders they have for the last year - Prominence is still there, Color's is still there; you've got some of the New Blood crew on this as well. REBELxENEMY is the biggest surprise but it makes sense: Ram has worked all of their New Blood shows; Ozaki worked the one today and Yuki has shown up to corner them for the last couple plus I think Ice Ribbon have declined to the point where they can't really care that much about one of their groups of freelancers working Stardom.

They had New Blood 6 today which was fun (Lady C vs Nanae Takahashi well worth a watch in particular; but these shows are always really easy watches). Big things that came out was them announced NEW BLOOD TAG TITLES with a tournament culminating at a NEW BLOOD show at the Yokohama Budokan and, well, good luck with that; would be highly impressive if Stardom managed to draw well with their rookies brand.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yes, even thinking for a second that Sasha would be wrestling in front of 200 people in Kumamoto is very silly. She's going to have a KAIRI schedule, if that.

Nice to see Rebel x Enemy in, though greedy bastard that I am I'd have preffered Yamashita over Ozaki personally.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
With the Triangle Derby lineup as it is, Prominence is a big favorite to take the artist titles on the Sumo Hall show. Also speaking of Sumo Hall that lineup is wild for what will probably be their highest attended show of the year.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1603359215258574850

Except for the main event, most of the top matches feature outside talent. Didn't expect Haruka Umesaki to be in the semi main of the big year end Sumo Hall show, that's for sure. Big moment for her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good for them and I hope they have a happy and lovely life :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Most recent Prominence show is available to watch on YouTube

Gauntlet Match
Akane Fujita, Hiragi Kurumi, Miyako Matsumoto, Mochi Natsumi, Orca Uto, Risa Sera, Super Hardcore Machine, Suzu Suzuki, Takayuki Ueki & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Fera Risa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysoPIvwStNk

Hardcore Tag Team Match
Mochi Natsumi & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs. Orca Uto & Super Hardcore Machine
Singles Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv5r66Q02K4

Miyako Matsumoto vs. Risa Sera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45HR0zrEVoo

Hardcore Tag Team Match
Alex Colon & Hiragi Kurumi vs. Akane Fujita & Takumi Tsukamoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weQ4oWK6d98

Suzu Suzuki Ten Death Match Series Sixth Match
Drew Parker vs. Suzu Suzuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFlmkfRpb4Q

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just watched a penalty shootout between Miyacoco & Risa Sera & I don't think Miyako has a career as a soccer goalie if wrestling doesn't work out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Just watched a penalty shootout between Miyacoco & Risa Sera & I don't think Miyako has a career as a soccer goalie if wrestling doesn't work out

Can't be worse than an England keeper

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Apparently Millie McKenzie was in discussions to work Stardom and ghosted them to work TJPW and Sendai Girls instead. Beast.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Apparently Millie McKenzie was in discussions to work Stardom and ghosted them to work TJPW and Sendai Girls instead. Beast.

You get the chance to wrestle the Pink Striker, you take the chance to wrestle the Pink Striker.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1604298092387258368

She's evolving.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1604499246824116225?t=bS85n9bz4oDT4XTOzYkj9w&s=19

Big "luchador masked for no reason" vibes.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Just screams heel doesn't she.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1604961341730525186

holy poo poo this poster rules

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I really love how the Giant Swing has made a comeback as a big move that cool people do

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A really great Fumi Saito history of Joshi wrestling sandwiched between a guy hell bent on scoring internet argument points about Rossy Ogawa and erasing Sakuraism

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features/rossy-ogawa-and-the-revolution-of-joshi-puroresu/

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 23, 2022

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

fez_machine posted:

A really great Fumi Saito history of Joshi wrestling sandwiched between a guy hell bent on scoring internet argument points about Rossy Ogawa and erasing Sakuraism

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features/rossy-ogawa-and-the-revolution-of-joshi-puroresu/

That is a great article, but you're right that the interviewer does seem very pre-occupied with making sure everyone knows STARDOM is the greatest promotion of all time and nothing else is even close, brother.

"We’re trying to correct this misperception that Actwres girl’Z, Marvelous, Ice Ribbon, Tokyo Joshi – these wrestlers could have gotten joshi puroresu as popular as it is on their own without Rossy Ogawa"
"They were not just capturing the cultural zeitgeist in the same way that Stardom is today"

"Cultural zeitgeist"... I like STARDOM but: what? It's a bit like when WWE fans refuse to accept that wrestling exists outside of their promotion

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Frankly Kidani should get the bulk of the credit for Stardom's success. Without Bushiroad buying them up and doing as great a job promoting them, they'd probably be in Ice Ribbon's current position.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stardom has a lot of great wrestling but its fanbase might be the biggest freaks online

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Frankly Kidani should get the bulk of the credit for Stardom's success. Without Bushiroad buying them up and doing as great a job promoting them, they'd probably be in Ice Ribbon's current position.

Kidani & Bushiroad absolutely get the credit for Stardom being what it is now, the absolute, no doubt #1 women's wrestling promotion in the world. Their growth has been unparalleled even with that whole global pandemic. That said, anyone who is restricting their joshi watching to just Stardom is missing out, there's some rad talent out there.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Kidani & Bushiroad absolutely get the credit for Stardom being what it is now, the absolute, no doubt #1 women's wrestling promotion in the world. Their growth has been unparalleled even with that whole global pandemic. That said, anyone who is restricting their joshi watching to just Stardom is missing out, there's some rad talent out there.

Sure but you can only devote so much time and money to watching wrestling so they go with what's the most convenient which pretty much comes down to Stardom or TJPW as far as Joshi goes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, you can always watch Prominence & Sendai Girls on Youtube. And uhhhhhh win the lottery I guess.

I've been wanting to watch the ASUKA vs Hashimoto match from this month's big Sendai Girls show & I can't even buy the iPPV now (didn't have the money at the time it was live). It's not been uploaded any of the usual places either. Big bummer as it's meant to be a proper great match.

Talking of Sendai Girls, at today's show Hiroyo Matsumoto announced that because of DASH's injury, Reiwa Ultima Powers are forfeiting the Tag Titles, but she'll keep the spirit alive at their next show on the 15th January when she teams with Jun Kasai, every joshi wrestler's favourite wrestler apparently

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Boo, the match with Reiwa winning the belt isn't even uploaded yet and they're already forfeiting them

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Alaois posted:

stardom has a lot of great wrestling but its fanbase might be the biggest freaks online

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW show starts in roughly an hour with slight changes from when Namba crowd sourced the booking at the last show. Nothing must see but the main event should be good, and Endo might actually win her first singles match

quote:

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “SE-NO, MERRY CHRISTMAS! 2022”, 24/12/2022
Tokyo Ryogoku KFC Hall

1. Haruna Neko Vs Kaya Toribami
2. Pom Harajuku Vs Arisu Endo
3. Yuki Kamifuku Vs Mahiro Kiryu
4. Hikari Noa Vs Yuki Aino
5. 3 Way Match: Miu Watanabe Vs Raku Vs Juria Nagano
6. TJPW Year End Special 8-Man Tag Match: Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki, Shoko Nakajima & Suzume Vs Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh, Hyper Misao & Moka Miyamoto

The card has been changed because of two absences. Nao Kakuta tested positive for covid and Rika Tatsumi caught a stomach bug. Both of their matches are cancelled and their opponents will now face each other. By coincidence the new match is Yuki Kamifuku Vs Mahiro Kiryu, the battle of the Toyo Mates!

e: These Up Up girls are all wrong, there's two Santas but only 1 Reindeer

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 24, 2022

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i really thought that was going to be haruna nekos big win

also what the gently caress is going on in kayas music

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

She never gets the pin so we never get to hear than part of it.

Anyways, thumbs up for Endo, she's got this

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Have I never heard Endo's theme before? I don't think I have.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gotta say i popped very hard for a quarter second when i thought pom was bringing some loving barbed wire to the ring

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Have I never heard Endo's theme before? I don't think I have.

It's new, maybe two shows ago it debuted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i have not heard Endo's new theme, but I'm sure I'll get a chance momentarily...