Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Absolutely unbelievable that Asa is single-handedly going to get Denji to raise his standards from "any girl who wants to go on a date with me" to "any girl who wants to go on a date with me except that one". Clearly, she is the chosen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Super Eyepatch Wolf posted an hour-long CSM vid that I very much enjoyed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W2m7fW5j5k&t=154s

(Time skipped to the beginning of the essay)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

this gap between chapters feels longer than usual. this must be the eternity devils doing

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Das Boo posted:

Super Eyepatch Wolf posted an hour-long CSM vid that I very much enjoyed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W2m7fW5j5k&t=154s

(Time skipped to the beginning of the essay)

"Now that the loving babies are gone, let's talk about what Chainsaw Man is really about."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kvantum posted:

"Now that the loving babies are gone, let's talk about what Chainsaw Man is really about."

Cannibalism and Fujimoto's thing for unreasonable women?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You always hurt the ones you love.

Fujimoto loves us very much.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

You always hurt the ones you love.

Fujimoto loves us very much.

He also loves himself, which explains why he killed Himeno.

(His Jump Festa note talked about how going back and rereading the manga, he felt sad about Himeno dying. She was the kind of woman who'd always leave things behind at Aki's, and now she left something behind in the hearts of the reader.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ozWtNxNAc

shark!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Angel Devil!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

assuming it's not a translation quirk, I love how Asa's response doesn't actually make sense to Denji's statement.

It's like she heard him say "I know more than you" and stopped listening

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Since we're meeting Future Friend I wonder if that's where those mystery shots from the PV come in. That or Ep 12 is a beach/dreams episode...

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I always imagined that those strange shots like the beach and stuff from the PV where just meant to be like...
a trap or something, a trick for those who hadn't read the manga

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New chapter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015198

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015198
New chapter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i lol'd several times and then ended up sad

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Wonder if it’s intentional one girl looks really similar to Kobeni and acts similarly (like a normal person)

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i wonder if asa falling and breaking something right when she's on the verge of acceptance by her peers, just as with bucky tells us anything about the nature of the devil causing this. not that eternity is off the table, but between the eternity devil-style hallway (complete with kobeni-esque devil hunter club member) for denji and asa tripping, it also has an element of specifically trapping people in the past.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 20, 2022

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

sube posted:

Wonder if it’s intentional one girl looks really similar to Kobeni and acts similarly (like a normal person)

I just assumed it was one of Kobeni's eight sisters.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Okay, we can all say things we regret in times of stress. That said the false chainsaw boy must be fed to the fishes.

I forgot this was set in the late 90's as well and got really confused by their reaction to a teenager cell phone.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yoshida is 100% constantly tailing Denji

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Yoshida is 100% constantly tailing Denji

the way he literally Just Appears in the middle of a visibly empty hallway without making a sound is one of my favorite things about this chapter

e: oh wait is that supposed to actually just be kobeni's brother? i don't think he has to have been literally in college for what kobeni said about him to make sense, and obviously the "parents made me do devil hunting to get a scholarship" bit would match, particularly assuming kobeni actually did use the end of part 1 to get away from her parents

Valentin fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 20, 2022

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Here's hoping Chainsaw Man erases the concept of that fake chainsaw rear end in a top hat

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Valentin posted:

e: oh wait is that supposed to actually just be kobeni's brother?

Oh drat that’s a good theory

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's interesting that each time they come across the lounge its water bottles are replenished (or it's actually a new, identical lounge each time), because back in the Hotel arc, Eternity Devil explicitly didn't work like that and starving was a real concern. Either this situation is caused by a different Devil, or the ability of a Devil changes somewhat each time they are resurrected,

Also Asa, could you please stop being so goddamn relatable for one fricking minute?

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 20, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That last page hurts

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTwujrP2pFo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Denji's going to spend the next several hours collecting that same $10 over and over again just to have it all disappear when they escape

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I was so confused that they were impressed by a flip phone and then I remembered this is set in the 90's/early aughts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought it was one of the sisters we were told Kobeni had tons of them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that is a very lesbian hairstyle to have imo

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's interesting that each time they come across the lounge its water bottles are replenished (or it's actually a new, identical lounge each time), because back in the Hotel arc, Eternity Devil explicitly didn't work like that and starving was a real concern. Either this situation is caused by a different Devil, or the ability of a Devil changes somewhat each time they are resurrected,

I love that Denji's just too busy picking up loose cash to call this out. How much we wanna bet Yoshida left the cash to distract Denji.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Big dude being here and missing an eye definitely makes me think he's the one that killed Yuko. Justice devil has to be involved with someone that lost an eye and took revenge.

It also seems like Yoshida's organization has been confirmed to be Public Safety or at least involved with it.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

raocow posted:

I always imagined that those strange shots like the beach and stuff from the PV where just meant to be like...
a trap or something, a trick for those who hadn't read the manga

Darn it, seems like it really was just a ruse. I was hoping for a weird sequence while Aki was head deep in Future Friend's torso of potential others futures that could have been so some such. Oh well, still a fun intro to the new gang. Prinz/Spider was kind of underwhelming in the manga but seeing her in motion sells her lethality a bit more. Still think she should be way stronger but that's my own bias. Solid squad of buddies though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Prinz is a Fiend. They're all very deliberately underpowered - Power, for instance, should probably be a Gun Devil-tier monster if she was the Blood Devil incarnate and not a carefully contained and rationed asset.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Ah, I was under the impression that Prinz was a straight up devil, not a fiend due to the legs. I understand the fiend de-powering dealie but got my wires crossed on her situation. Thanks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not really feeling Anime Future Devil. :(

Also wished the anime kept Kobeni a secret until she pops up at the end ready to slice Sawatari's throat.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Genuinely curious why they didn't end the last episode on "The Future Rules!" What an odd decision.

I also wished he sounded way more unhinged. Not the worst as is though.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
he just kinda sounds like a weird old uncle or something

it's definitely a decision

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

RuBisCO posted:

Genuinely curious why they didn't end the last episode on "The Future Rules!" What an odd decision.

I also wished he sounded way more unhinged. Not the worst as is though.

They kept it an ominous cliffhanger which gets undercut with him being a weirdo, then comes back around with the foreshadowing.

Popo posted:

Ah, I was under the impression that Prinz was a straight up devil, not a fiend due to the legs. I understand the fiend de-powering dealie but got my wires crossed on her situation. Thanks.

She is a devil. Even this episode says devil, despite very deliberately affixing fiend to Beam and Violence. She just seems to have a greater affinity for stealth than straight up combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, it's explicitly stated in both anime and manga that Prinz is a devil.

Also I agree about Future Devil. I hoped he would be far more bombastic and unhinged. Honestly, he was kinda eh overall. :sigh: