Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Caidin posted:

Isn't that just Robins mom? Olivia?

Julias posted:

That's just Sora isn't it?

I guess it could be either but the hair and outfit doesn't match either perfectly and if it's an established character why have her be the only one with her back turned. Dragon also seems to know Vegapunk well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I thought it was pretty clear the lady with her back turned is Stussy, given her knowledge of egghead isle.

also THIN QUEEN :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I got the tude now posted:

I’m about to tap the loving sign

we should start posting monday spoilers again gwhaha

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The people love spoilers

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gear 5 will never cease to entertain

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I thought it was pretty clear the lady with her back turned is Stussy, given her knowledge of egghead isle.

also THIN QUEEN :allears:

beaten, but no wonder

THIN QUEEN

TOO POPULAR

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zoro+Sanji will take down Cipher Pol, while the other Strawhats are going to take down a Seraphim each.

Chapter is going to end with the whole crew as Warlords for their Emperor
:allears:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Scary Thought: If they can clone any paramecia fruit from the Doflamingo Crew, that means the Government has Sugar's powers now

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Drakkel posted:

Scary Thought: If they can clone any paramecia fruit from the Doflamingo Crew, that means the Government has Sugar's powers now

Even scarier thought - They clone Donflamingo's fruit.

Birdcage 2.0!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
It seems to be a reoccurring thing where Gear 5 Luffy starts causing unnecessary damage from being too out of control. I'm guessing this is what happened with the original Joy Boy breaking his promise and the prophecy of Luffy being the one to destroy Fishmanisland.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oddium posted:

we should start posting monday spoilers again gwhaha

I want machine translated spoilers from JP->CN->KR->ES->EN

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vegapunk: Caesar was working on replicating those fruits last I -
Nami: I loving hope he dies.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Senor Pink is fine. :unsmith:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bleck posted:

Senor Pink is fine. :unsmith:

absolutely love Franky being like “this
guy is my brother in Christ, please tell me he’s not dead” and being given the good news

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
the lucci shaped hole in the wall complete with his awakened fire things got me good

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
lol why didn't they bring sentomaru back up to the lab too, just leaving him for dead doesn't make much sense

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I think if they do that the control of the Seraphims would immediately switch to CP0, he needed to be there to issue direct command

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Why don't Sentomaru orders the Seraphims to deactivate or send them away before he is out.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Hey so I don't want to be that guy but considering how the mero mero fruit works it's kind of wild hosed up that it's that effective on a child-sized version of Hancock

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

Hey so I don't want to be that guy but considering how the mero mero fruit works it's kind of wild hosed up that it's that effective on a child-sized version of Hancock

idk, it works on the entirety of Amazon Lily specifically because they just think Hancock is the most beautiful (powerful) one there so the targeting mechanics are kinda lax, I just figure everyone getting slammed is thinking “oh my god what an adorable/powerful little lady, she’s even cuter than my nephew!” than thinking Bad Thoughts.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Since CP0 now intend to "Block all escape routes from the island", seems pretty likely they'll be paying a visit to the Sunny soon. Good job they left Zoro there to guard it. Wonder if the CP0 guys have any swordsmen present who might be capable of seriously fighting Zoro? For example, a clone of Mihawk.

It's a waste if that kid doesn't try to slice the ship in half and get blocked.

Edit: Now I think about it, it's even more obvious. That's literally a cross between Mihawk (the guy he needs to beat next) and King (the guy he just beat), and it's going to have some of King's gimmicks which only Zoro knows how to counter. This is a perfect chance for Zoro to get practice before the real thing.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 22, 2022

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Why don't one of the Vegapunks order the Seraphims to attack the CP0

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

TCB is out. There are entire pages that read differently to the speedscan.

I got the tude now posted:

I’m about to tap the loving sign

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

YggdrasilTM posted:

Why don't one of the Vegapunks order the Seraphims to attack the CP0

They mentioned last week that commands given via Dendens don't work so at least 1 Vegapunk body would have to be there in person/earshot. And given that he is CP0's primary target, that's probably not the wisest course of action for self preservation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cat Machine posted:

TCB is out. There are entire pages that read differently to the speedscan.

You should link it in the future

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5569/one-piece-chapter-1070

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I don't understand the sequence of events. Why didn't the Seraphims go with them? How can Lucci recover so fast? Where were Kaku and Stussy in the meantime?

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 22, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
presumably to hold back the cp0 agents, but yeah it's pretty dumb and the obvious answer is for plot purposes

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
why is franky so happy about vegapunk creating cloned child soldiers for the state lol

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

I don't understand the sequence of events. Why didn't the Seraphims go with them? How can Lucci recover so fast? Where were Kaku and Stussy in the meantime?

Lucci is an awakened zoan, who were touted back in impel Down to have extreme stamina and recovery. Assuming he has the same resilience as the Mino guards he'd probably be tough as gently caress to keep down without, say, punching him into an undersea volcano or something.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Why didn't they just stay there and defeat the CP0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

luffy whippin lucci so hard he tornadoes himself. LUFFY EATING LUCCI. GEAR FIVE RULES

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

LUFFY MAKIN A LUCCI SHAPED HOLE IN THE WALL WITH HIS KICK FLAMES AND ALL

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Why didn't they just stay there and defeat the CP0

I dunno, they know the marines are on the way and tends to get places dummy fast? If they stick it out they'll just wind up under siege on Egghead.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Caidin posted:

I dunno, they know the WG is on the way and tends to get places dummy fast? If they stick it out they'll just wind up under siege on Egghead.

Do they know it? I must have missed it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

luffy makin little goggles so he can gum gum rocket lucci is th best

gear five rules!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the "Dawn" translation for Luffy's gear 5 attacks better, especially with TCB explaining that its a reference to the "DO-N" impact moment sound effect that oda uses constantly

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Where were Kaku and Stussy in the meantime?

Remember that CP0 was specifically commanded not to attack Luffy, lest they start a war with the crew of an emperor. Lucci disregarded that because of his personal grudge with Luffy.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Good chap

Sentomaru not being able to block Lucci despite using Conquerors coating (presumeably) seems like Oda setting up a weakness for later. Luffy, Kidd, Law et al were able to damage Kaido in a similar way during Roof Piece. Looks like it was left deliberately vague though, since Sentomaru comments that he thought he blocked it.

Love the translators' note that Luffy's attacks could be 'white' but also sounds like the 'DON!' sound effect that gets used often for awesome things, and sounds like 'dawn' which fits into Luffy's whole motif of bringing the dawn, sun god, etc. Oda Does It Again (tm).

Gear Fifth owns, giant Luffy head trying to bite Lucci owns, Luffy spitting out bricks/rocks at Lucci very much owns.

I can rest easy now with confimration that Senor Pink is alive.

Vegapunk confirming that Logias are fundamentally different from Parameicia/Zoan fruits. I wonder if Logia are natural fruits and the rest were created. None of this helps explain what Blackbeard did.

Momo will definitely awaken his fruit to confirm that artifical fruits can be awakened.

Luffy turning his hair into goggles makes me wish Whitebeard was around so Luffy could pull off Whitebeard's mustache and throw it like a boomerang.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I want Luffy to pull his hair down into a big fluffy beard and dress up as santa for xmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I hope Kizaru being so laid back makes him the "perfect" counter to Gear 5 so we get a two-page spread of Gear 5 Luffy doing an enel face (the enel face causes massive property damage)