Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

[sweats at Purdue's 34.5 point favorite tonight]

No Edey, slow start, and kept losing a 44% 3 point shooter made it interesting for a while, a 24-2 run to close the half made it less so game wise, but that 34.5 is going to be tough especially if Painter puts the walkons in early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

meanwhile somehow northwestern absolutely murdered UIC and is 9-2 for the first time since the tourney year after losing their two best players to the transfer portal and chris collins clearly getting fired at the end of the season?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
San Francisco is up by 40 on Arizona State.

ASU has 9 field goals, the Dons have 12 3 pointers.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

always love seeing bobby hurley get sent off

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

PotatoJudge posted:

San Francisco is up by 40 on Arizona State.

ASU has 9 field goals, the Dons have 12 3 pointers.

Really makes that Lobo win on neutral court look great plus:

Wiltsghost posted:

always love seeing bobby hurley get sent off

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
A hearty congratulations to all my fellow Wisconsin season tickets holders for defeating Grambling State's $34 ticket price with news of the game's cancellation.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

https://twitter.com/ChadLeistikow/status/1605685003379126274

I always wondered what happened to Mourning View

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao
https://twitter.com/ChadLeistikow/status/1605699991325982720?s=20&t=1GRQsply9MTXihyqSp1_cw

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
good lord mizzou is detonating illinois so far. still another half to play and mizzou is prone to giving up like 20-0 runs, but they've played great so far

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mike_V posted:

good lord mizzou is detonating illinois so far. still another half to play and mizzou is prone to giving up like 20-0 runs, but they've played great so far

hell yeah go tigers. hang a hundy on em

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Asleep Style posted:

hell yeah go tigers. hang a hundy on em

Zebras doing their best to keep this a game

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

it doesn't matter, they can't miss lmao

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

getting a Braggin' Rights ticket for $20 and having to freeze my rear end off walking from the lot by Tin Roof to the arena was well worth it last night

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Nice to see Iowa basketball sticking to the brand

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
fun anniversary piece about the true biggest upset in NCAA history.

no, not that one, the other Virginia one: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2022-12-23/unthinkable-upset-40-years-later-chaminade-shocks-no-1-virginia-1982

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He got to her, or the cops did a whole lot of lying.

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1606431272380911618

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

fun anniversary piece about the true biggest upset in NCAA history.

no, not that one, the other Virginia one: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2022-12-23/unthinkable-upset-40-years-later-chaminade-shocks-no-1-virginia-1982

Yes, Virginia there is a Chaminade is one of the greatest headlines ever.

Possibly the most amazing bit to me is that Chaminade's Tony Randolph had guarded Ralph Sampson in high school and had an idea how to play offense against them.

There's a great Sports Illustrated article from 2007 about the game.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

He got to her, or the cops did a whole lot of lying.

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1606431272380911618

That sounds like either he or some UT people got to her. hosed up.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

FartingBedpost posted:

That sounds like either he or some UT people got to her. hosed up.

Police can still charge him because assault is a crime against the state, at least that's the way Georgia words it.

Of course they won't.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah they'll decline to charge.

hosed up situation.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou taking it to the Cayuts so far. They might be a legit tourney team?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did we decide to not have a GDT to shitpost in this year?

First time I'm getting a chance to watch Mizzou this year, the offense is actually kind of fun to watch? It doesn't always work but it's not boring as all hell like it was under Cuonzo.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou? Yes. Kentucky? Eh... :shrug:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Are they whistling more dead ball fouls on inbounds this year or is Auburn just committing more of them

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I feel nothing.

e:
Kentucky fans, rational as always
https://twitter.com/Hay_ev123/status/1608288447944433664?t=g22Czj46tWk6LzP_CQTY8A&s=19

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 29, 2022

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas went down to LSU, had the ball with 11 seconds left down 58-57, and… tried to play for a foul.

To be fair, Ricky Council did get fouled, but you can’t just run into four players in the paint and let a whistle save you. You have to, I don’t know, run any sort of real play. Complete mismanagement at the end by Muss and the Hogs.

LSU wins 60-57.

I am extremely concerned about the Mizzou game all of a sudden. Nick Smith is out indefinitely, Trevon Brazile is out for the season, and apparently the Hogs have decided “let’s be a high volume 3-point shooting team” despite going 4 for 25 from deep tonight.

We have four, maybe five, NBA players on this Arkansas team and we have absolutely no idea how to play basketball as a unit, apparently. Is this how Kentucky always feels? It’s the most frustrating thing in the world to watch

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

chaoslord posted:

We have four, maybe five, NBA players on this Arkansas team and we have absolutely no idea how to play basketball as a unit, apparently. Is this how Kentucky always feels? It’s the most frustrating thing in the world to watch

That sounds like a Musselman team alright.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mike_V posted:

My schadenfreude for UK fans is greater than my rivalry with Mizzou go win the SEC I'm rooting for you. Although Alabama, Tennessee and Arkansas won't make it easy.

I can't explain what is happening with Calipari but that should be about it on keeping them ranked. If they were somebody less known they would already be out of the top 25

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

kiimo posted:

I can't explain what is happening with Calipari

If anybody can I would like to know. Maybe next year will be different with multiple top 10 guys coming in, but not sure. Former assistant John Robic was considered to be his X and O guy and did a lot of the gameplanning, and there seems to be a correlation between him leaving and the recent struggles, especially on the offensive end.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Calipari's good assistants are gone and everyone left is soft and pathetic at basketball? hope this helps. -a Purdue fan

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I forgot about basketball for awhile and missed (or forgot) Trevion Williams withdrawing and going back to Purdue. Boilers gonna be STACKED and will probably lose to like a 15 seed Eastern Juneau A&M or some poo poo

haven't been in this thread in a while and yeah, I blame you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lmao oh no

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan was *probably* on tournament life support going into the end of their nonconfere-

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1608645147990036481

rip

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

meanwhile the Mighty Northwestern Wildcats, sort of squeaking by Ivy League Powerhouse Brown, is 10-2 heading into a showdown with Ohio State. I don't want to jump the gun, but Northwestern is looking maybe NITish.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lobos undefeated going into Laramie. I know Ike is still injured but goddamn Wyoming at Wyoming has always been a nightmare matchup for UNM historically and it’s really the one loss in conference we can’t afford.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
If UNC can control the game against Pitt today, I'm optimistic about our chances as we move towards March. If we can't, we've still got some serious work to do.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

OPAONI posted:

If UNC can control the game against Pitt today, I'm optimistic about our chances as we move towards March. If we can't, we've still got some serious work to do.

Yiiiikes

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

welp

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
what the gently caress. Have you guys seen this sextortion on the coppin state bball team story?
https://www.tiktok.com/@7jimmie77/video/7181609023337221419?_r=1&_t=8YcQI96fSLi&is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7181609023337221419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No. Is there any source other than TikTok?

E: https://baltimorebrew.com/2022/11/07/former-player-sues-coppin-state-over-alleged-sexual-assault-and-blackmail-by-coach/

Kibner fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 30, 2022