Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Knightsoul posted:

it's a good time to grab it if you want to play a good sci-fi arpg

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

what's the deal with the 2 games - martyr and prophecy ? can I install one and get all the content or install both and get all content in one or are they separate games ?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Qmass posted:

what's the deal with the 2 games - martyr and prophecy ? can I install one and get all the content or install both and get all content in one or are they separate games ?

You need both installed to access Prophecy's content as a whole package. Prophecy is a standalone expansion with a class and campaign content but it works a lot like other Steam games wherein you already have the vast majority of the data by installing Martyr, due to the needs of co-op and Prophecy in that case simply exists as an access key.

You can, if you for some reason wanted to, just install Prophecy and only have access to the Tech Priest class but there's no real need since Prophecy on top of Martyr is only a few hundred megabytes, if I remember correctly.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
The steam sale hooked me. Crusader seems ok but kinda plodding. Tried Assassin and she's super fast, which is nice. There any way to skip the tutorial dungeons? They're kinda a drag.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

I ride bikes all day posted:

There any way to skip the tutorial dungeons? They're kinda a drag.

Don't think so: hang on in there and later on missions are more interesting and varied.
That's my main problem with the arpg genre: the repetiveness of the early stages, the initial acts of Path of Exile make me wanna vomit cause I've done them 12014723 times.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

I ride bikes all day posted:

The steam sale hooked me. Crusader seems ok but kinda plodding. Tried Assassin and she's super fast, which is nice. There any way to skip the tutorial dungeons? They're kinda a drag.

Once I got past the tutorial missions on a character (basically when you get on your bridge and have access to the star map), it gave me an option to skip tutorial missions when I made a 2nd character. Though I'm not sure if it gives the option for all classes once you do it on one: maybe it only gives the option for making another character in the same class that has cleared it (since the first time I got the option was when I made a 2nd crusader)?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Crusader is a one-person army of death, especially once you unlock access to Heavy BOlters and Flamers. Equip an assault suit, strap a heavy bolter and frag grenades and an Eviscerator as your alt weapon, and bring the Emperor's light to the heritics everywhere.
I got a loving good normal Bolter that lets me takce called shots, holy gently caress I love it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It blows my mind, as someone who got into this game just before the expansion dropped, that they STILL haven't added co-op for Void Crusades. Being able to co-op right up to the endgame and then... not was such a weird design decision.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Have they optimized this game at all in the past year or is it still an unspeakably massive resource hog? My computer was breathing flames running this when other, better games were a silky purr.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Like others, the Steam sale got me. Feels good to taste a bit of what the 40k universe has to offer, and it has been a fairly decent ARPG to boot.

Is the best place for build suggestions the Steam Community page? I imagine there's no IcyVeins/Maxroll.gg equivalent for a game with this small a footprint.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Edit: I'm a big ol' idiot, please ignore this post.

CarpenterWalrus fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 23, 2021

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
One thing that has always bothered me is how smudged and fuzzy the graphics look in this game. Is it supposed to be that way or are there some options I should ensure are always turned on or off in the Video options?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey does this game still not support multiplayer for like half of the game? Or is it actually less than that. Thinking of finally picking this up, but exclusively to play with others. E: and is the Mechanicus dude properly integrated into the game or just his own custom campaign?

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Been playing this new season and they really need to clarify what some of these seasonal goals are, like, what's a random assignment vs. mission? Put a link to start whatever is required there on the seasonal goal page you're viewing. I"m just now trying a melee crusader build for the first time and it's really good, puts some nice speed most of the other classes lack into this game, it definitely feels plodding most of the time. Do most folks max out the melee then defense and/or health trees or what for melee builds?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Hello, I played this game a bit when it dropped but I don't have the stomach for single-player games in my old age. I now have 4 friends who want to play it, so I'm reinstalling.

1. Which DLCs are mission-critical
  2. Which parts have multiplayer now
  3. I have 5 peeps who may play on/off, what's the party size
  4. Is there any good place to pick up not-$50 steam keys for the 2 people who don't have it
  5. Is there a goon guild/should we join it/does it matter

Thank you for your service.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You can have up to 4 people in a party but I’ve never been clear when you can have multiplayer, sorry. None of the DLC for Martyr is important and is cosmetic stuff or a short series of missions. I think you can technically unlock most of the missions with enough grinding in game.

Martyr does not appear to be on sale anywhere at the moment.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Game is on sale for PS4 and PS5 and, weirdly enough, I feel like the game is WAY better optimized for PS5 than it was for PC. My gaming laptop had real issues with Inquisitor but PS5 runs it like a dream. Now to figure out everything I've forgotten in the past year or two.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Also, any goon cabals on PS4/PS5 for this dead 40k game?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don’t think so but maybe we can create one? I bought this a few years ago for PlayStation and I’m just now getting around to putting time into it.

Add me: literallynerevar

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

If you’re still playing, I guess. Dunno

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Season 5 begins today. I you haven't played for a while this is actually a pretty cool ARPG. They continue to make improvements and nothing like taking the scum of humanity to task for being heretical to the god-emperor of mankind. So far I've enjoyed killing Eldar, Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Chaos of all sorts (Daemons, Marines, and Corrupted), and Tyranids. Simpler than PoE but has all that gory explody warhammer 40k flavor. Not to mention I have a pet that is a skull of a commissar who's still smoking his cigar.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I bought Prophecy when it came out and played like 4 hours and got bored not realizing what the game really was.

I've got like 20 hours into it now, and the tech adept is a loving cool pet class. This game feels like PoE but with 40k, and I'm really digging it now. So many pets running around demolishing everything. The game definitely ramps up quicker as well.

Goddamn I missed out when this game was more popular. Maybe the new class will breathe some life back into it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lowtax really liked this game

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I burned out for a while, sort of a really extended cooldown on my plasma gun, but the Sisters expansion put this back on my radar. Post if it's cool !

There's a Steam group, but it's super quiet.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The entire franchise is on sale right now. You get Martyr and Prophecy + like 24324 DLCs (Mostly themed missions, I think) for $16. I'm only about 40-50 hours in now, but it's easily my favorite/second favorite Diablo game out there right now. I'd put it at a tie with PoE, maybe. poo poo is FUN.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Philthy posted:

The entire franchise is on sale right now. You get Martyr and Prophecy + like 24324 DLCs (Mostly themed missions, I think) for $16. I'm only about 40-50 hours in now, but it's easily my favorite/second favorite Diablo game out there right now. I'd put it at a tie with PoE, maybe. poo poo is FUN.
Yeah, I´m just real salty about the PS5 upgrade being set at 32 Euros, despite me already owning every drat DLC and the 50% "loyalty" discount.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I was pretty surprised at the variety of enemies that show up, like GW just shoved their entire catalog at the devs and said "go nuts".

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Sororitas class DLC was just added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9DHqm75F4

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/527430/view/3490881638995789466?l=english

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is the dlc?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If anyone gets that, post about it. Sororitas is mighty tempting.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I posted because I'm interested but haven't played much of the base game myself and don't own any DLC. I did watch a streamer (TheGreatBookofGrudges) playing it yesterday and he loved it. He had a big halberd that hit in a decent wide arc, and would swap to a bolt pistol I think. They also add various flamers. The animations as seen in the trailer do look a bit stiff but the voice acting seems good and it does look fun to play. He did have to play through the original campaign, I don't think it comes with any new missions just the new character.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

mllaneza posted:

If anyone gets that, post about it. Sororitas is mighty tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjO_EpKllnQ

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
New Season of Escalation is OUT NOW !

Now we can even skip the (quite boring) initial campaign and jump right into the good stuff!!!

:master:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is there a way to change the color of inoculator slots?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oldstench posted:

Is there a way to change the color of inoculator slots?

No. You just find more innoculators. They are pretty common.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Well that was cool - started my first hardcore void crusade and hit a bug in the second mission that caused me to endlessly take damage with no dots on, no enemies around and no way to stop it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oldstench posted:

Well that was cool - started my first hardcore void crusade and hit a bug in the second mission that caused me to endlessly take damage with no dots on, no enemies around and no way to stop it.

That's a possible mission affix. Are you sure you didn't get that from a tarot card?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Toshimo posted:

That's a possible mission affix. Are you sure you didn't get that from a tarot card?

Yes. It just suddenly started about halfway through the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

And it happened again. Oh well, guess it's time to move on.