Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

What if the reason the world government wants Bonney isn’t to age down the elders but to age up the Seraphim? They’re this strong as children, imagine what they could do as adults.

she's on a kill list now, whereas before akainu came out personally to capture her alive. so, it would stand to reason that whatever they needed her for before no longer applies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Egghead Arc is already a solid 8/10 but we can fit a perfect 10 if we get Seraphim Buggy whose super strong and a serious of wacky circumstances causes people to think it's the real thing and Buggy gets all the credit for whatever it does

He'll be the one to defeat Borsalino

"HEAD OF CROSS GUILD TAKES DOWN ADMIRAL"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flair posted:

So some of the Marines turned into stone from a child form of Hancock... I know the Marines are corrupted, but I think they should probably arrest everyone who got turned into stone.

Well, they are CP agents…

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
it's straight-up weird to have two of the same character with the same personalities (and some even the same abilities), even if they're Lunarian child soldier clones. I hope they decide to return to their home planet by the end.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah that ship sailed so to speak when Luffy recruited an archaeologist. Which makes sense for the setting but is hardly a traditional role for a pirate ship.

It makes sense in a meta way, Oda clearly designed every one to have a role on the crew. Honestly, with neither Yamato nor Carrot joining I think the ship has sailed on new Straw Hats all together.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she's on a kill list now, whereas before akainu came out personally to capture her alive. so, it would stand to reason that whatever they needed her for before no longer applies.
I just realized we just learned about the ability to copy paramecia abilities from people's blood. Of course the World Government doesn't need Bonney anymore.

Also, I'm somewhat worried at the fact that Law was a shichibukai for a time. Who all knows about the Op Op Fruit's immortality ability again? I feel like giving the ability to clone soldiers could be an issue.

Meme Emulator posted:

It makes sense in a meta way, Oda clearly designed every one to have a role on the crew. Honestly, with neither Yamato nor Carrot joining I think the ship has sailed on new Straw Hats all together.
Carrot not joining despite being the most obvious and useful lookout is actually evidence against the idea that "roles" are important.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Luffy would be like "Roles? Nah, you can have the bread, just give me the meat"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah the one to watch out for would potentially be S-Shadow/Gecko Moria if the 3rd ancient weapon, Uranus, turns out to be a person and they find the grave

World Gov revives an ancient weapon under their control

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Eiba posted:

I just realized we just learned about the ability to copy paramecia abilities from people's blood. Of course the World Government doesn't need Bonney anymore.

Also, I'm somewhat worried at the fact that Law was a shichibukai for a time. Who all knows about the Op Op Fruit's immortality ability again? I feel like giving the ability to clone soldiers could be an issue.

you need a surgeon of unparalleled skill to take advantage of that ability is the thing

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Violen posted:

you need a surgeon of unparalleled skill to take advantage of that ability is the thing

the Seraphim seem to have inherited some of the aptitudes of their originals so hypothetically a seraphim law would have some knowledge. poo poo, it’s possible they made Law a warlord at least partially because all Warlords have to give a compulsory DNA sample that they make the clones with.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Ah, yes. Crew roles. The thing that always made sense since way back, where the role of first mate/guy who is captain when the captain isn't there was given to the man who is dumber than everyone else in the world at everything that isn't how to swing swords (whom I love).

As for this arc, which rules, I feel like CP-0, the seraphim, and an admiral all gathered here at once is a setup for that other, even more horrifying space laser nuke thing we saw earlier to be used again, to show that Im doesn't have to give a gently caress about even their biggest guns when they can just delete countries whenever.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
actually that point makes me wonder about the sword s-hawk is carting around lol

i know we're in a murky marriage between forge quality and user quality now with the whole black blade thing so i wonder how potent the sword itself is compared to the real deal

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Desumaytah posted:

As for this arc, which rules, I feel like CP-0, the seraphim, and an admiral all gathered here at once is a setup for that other, even more horrifying space laser nuke thing we saw earlier to be used again, to show that Im doesn't have to give a gently caress about even their biggest guns when they can just delete countries whenever.

wouldnt mind seeing kizaru no sell a direct hit from this and make the face

you know, the face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zoro is Luffy's first mate because he was Luffy's first friend on the crew.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Okay I know the face but I want both "Nothing happened." And Enelface at the same time now.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Violen posted:

anyway though thats some weird what-if preemptive concern ive always had in the back of my mind as the name has been established, the way all seven of them have been handled so far has been perfect including the exposition dole because we're late enough that we need and want some of the biggest mysteries getting their veils pulled back both so the consequences of those reveals have time left to settle and have consequence and because you cant just dump 100 answers in 100 panels in the last three chapters or whatever

it's fine, his big brain will be left behind and he won't have internet access to it from the ship.....

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
hes going to invent it didnt you catch his speech

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eiba posted:

Carrot not joining despite being the most obvious and useful lookout is actually evidence against the idea that "roles" are important.

well, vegapunk has that ability. i don't know if he passed it on to the wg. they certainly hope to take everything vegapunk ever developed after killing him, but how much of his work they have now is unclear.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Vegapunk also mentioned that other people weren't able to replicate his work even with blueprints and instructions to follow, so it seems like he needs to directly oversee his staff to get anything made.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I have to imagine vegapunk's blueprints have a very "draw the rest of the owl" quality to them.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vegapunk's blueprints probably have so much information on them that it's hard to actually pick out the most important stuff on them.

Franky's blueprints are probably nowhere near as complex but are the most understandable by someone with little to no prior knowledge of the subject

Cesar's blueprints are probably the most bullshit with missing or purposely left out information

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Have any other manga done Enelface as an homage like how every show ever with a motorcycle does the Akira thing

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Countblanc posted:

Have any other manga done Enelface as an homage like how every show ever with a motorcycle does the Akira thing

Akira just requires a stock pose. Enelface requires doing a complete art shift.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Me and Roboco Chapter 16

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Zoro is first mate because he's the best fit for the job. He proved this very quietly during the Usopp situation on Water 7.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

GonSmithe posted:

Idk if there is a thread for it but I've been playing it a bunch, it's super fun. My local store got prize support for their weekly tournaments so I'll have a place to play.
Unfortunately the supply is super low so you can't get a box for less than like $150-$160 right now.

Got my box on release for $125, and pulled the parallel art Nami that nerds have driven up to $180.

Fun game, and a lot of cool art on the cards.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is this a CCG or an LCG with rare versions of cards?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I assume CCG

What's the difference between this card game and the failed one from the 4kids era?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Tolth posted:

Zoro is first mate because he's the best fit for the job. He proved this very quietly during the Usopp situation on Water 7.

Also, because out of all of Luffy's crewmates, he was the first!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

No clue. This one plays like a breezier magic. The action ramps up pretty fast, and having your resources separate from your main deck helps. People seem to like it enough that it’s been hard to get ahold of post release.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can try it out on your phone, there's a training app that teaches you the game then lets you play a Luffy or Kaido deck against the other.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Luffy's the captain who decides where the crew goes and what the crew will do.

Zoro's the first mate / vice captain who steps up to keep the crew in line in times of internal turmoil and also to sign contracts with other crews (Luffy refused to drink the 'father' sake after Dressarosa but Zoro did, and Zoro was the one who kept an eye on and interacted with the 'child' crew captains the most).

Nami is the other vice captain who's generally responsible for the daily going-ons of the crew and the finances and poo poo, even the captain and first mate get their allowances from her. Also while Luffy chooses the destination it's generally Nami who has the power to set the course cause she knows best.

Honestly Nami sorta rules cause prior to the timeskip she was self-taught. Like, Chopper learned from Kureha, one of the best doctors in the world. Franky worked under Tom, one of the best shipwrights in the world. Robin learned from the people of Ohara, the greatest archeologists around. Sanji learned to cook from Zeff, who's a great cook in his own right.

Nami, on the other hand, is pretty much entirely self-taught. Like, Arlong and co. brought her books that they forced to read so they could use her, but it's not like they actually taught her about navigation or how to read the weather or make maps, because she was just a tool to them. She also (I think) has never left East Blue, so her world experience is limited. Which is why she's a lot greener than the others in her field of specialization compared to the rest, like her ignorance of Log Poses and whatnot. Even her timeskip power-up from her time in Weatheria seems to be more about knowing how to control the weather than anything else.

Really speaks to how much of a genius Nami is in her field.

She's also decent and combat and like the second best chef in the crew, and also the one with the best financial sense. She's an incredible all-rounder and absolutely integral to keeping the ship run because the older members are Robin (who just likes watching the kids be kids), Franky (who joins the kids in being stupid), and Brooke (the eccentric grandpa who's just happy to be there). Jimbei's a bit more concerned about Luffy's way of running a ship at first (especially during Fishman Island) but even he just sorta gives up and decides to go with the flow by the end.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Was thinking about that one silhouette we saw of Vegapunk back at Punk Hazard and how unlike many silhouettes in the series it's completely accurate:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh my God. That's his nose, moustache, and tongue. :aaa:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vegapunk was always going too be a complete goober :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Always thought that silhouette looked like Mojojojo. Did not expect his head to be even larger.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Drakkel posted:

Was thinking about that one silhouette we saw of Vegapunk back at Punk Hazard and how unlike many silhouettes in the series it's completely accurate:

He definitely had Vegapunk's entire design for like 10, 15 years imo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oda....does it again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Which one of you nerds works at Crunchyroll to put this up today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xoIy69j_ag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Vegapunk is 100% gonna eat it this arc but leave his partitioned selves behind as well as a special Seraphim that answers only to him and has his Devil Fruit power.