Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Scholtz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/live/aRRt4_JnCBw?feature=share

Pochita Barks Nonstop Until the Chainsaw Man Finale

Incredible content, Crunchyroll. Thank you.

my thanks as well, crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/tunneIsnakes/status/1607241588211867648?t=hGxk7CkNDsvqDmDWoL-miQ&s=19

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Oxxidation posted:

the end-of-episode cuts are weirdly placed, the CGI clunks occasionally and some scenes are too stretched out (especially in the last episode), but this is probably as good of an adaptation as CSM could have gotten. its core is the contrast between the mundane and the horrific and mappa's decision to elevate the former was arguably more unique and absolutely successful

Aki's morning routine and Himeno getting home are the highest points of the anime as an adaptation. Some of the fight scenes are too dragged out for my tastes, and the latest episode felt pretty slow to me, but even at its worst it's a perfectly competent adaptation that doesn't quite do justice to the source material

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

In a perverse way, a very successful show getting a weird petition that sparks debate with split consensus is literally just free publicity for MAPPA’s very successful project.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah, anecdotally, I was recommending chainsaw man to my brother-in-law for a while. What finally convinced him years later? The Opening to the Anime.

He’s reading the manga now because he couldn’t wait. I had it happen to a few other friends. Now that I think about it, this might say more about me.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

i just don't think tapping into the directorial conventions that dominate much of film, prestige TV, and AAA games is all that much of a gamble. of course people like it, products with 4k overanimated footage of vegetables getting cut for a meal will not be ignored, in social media or otherwise. no one will say Uncharted 6's $3 billion pore-modeling engine is a vision of surpassing artistic purity, though. it's just how blockbusters are done

i'm just quibbling in the end, Mushishi and Mononoke are my favorite animes so it's not like i hate measured stuff. i will fully own up to being an idiot, sure. it's not a bad time to be a fan or anything. the petition is dumb

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
imo the anime is a little overambitious with its animation given its resources at times, and overall less interesting composition than the manga

i dont really care for it but im not leaping out of my seat to get it redone lol

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
The anime radiates a very specific vision and I can't truly fault it though I would have liked a more expressive colour pallet and maybe a bit more rough line work during action scenes but it's all "I would have interpreted it this way" was than "you did it wrong" and I can't deny this incredibly cinematic approach does lend itself to some truly gorgeous moments. Two people having a coffee while talking about going into the private side of biz would not be my expected prettiest scene.

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

Season 1 Finale should be out in a couple of hours. It has been an interesting ride so far.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015299
New chapter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Also it confirms that the anonymous text spoiler leaks on 4chan of ch 114, 115, and ch 116 before 114 came out were legitimate.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Julias posted:

Also it confirms that the anonymous text spoiler leaks on 4chan of ch 114, 115, and ch 116 before 114 came out were legitimate.

Yeah. Poor fujimoto seems like there's non-stop leaks recently. The chapter was alright but it's just setting up later chapters

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

sube posted:

Yeah. Poor fujimoto seems like there's non-stop leaks recently. The chapter was alright but it's just setting up later chapters

Considering it was only 11 pages and apparently he had to deliver chapters early due to the holidays (hence the leaks), I'm surprised he didn't just combine this with the next chapter. That way the setup and payoff would've been contained in one longer chapter rather than being split kind of awkwardly in the middle. I enjoyed it regardless but I'm also dying to see more since there were a few really interesting developments in this one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jM0fUAR2xg

Aw :unsmith:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Denji is a good boy

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I love a happy ending. This is canon and all further chapters/episodes are alt universe fanfic.

I'm doing another CSM reread and just got done with the assassination arc. The following chapters with Power's PTSD are so sad. :smith:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ah Denji... helping out someone staving... and missing all that exposition because of it.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/jinxszed/status/1605534263167680513

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yoshida is really doing everything in his power to seem both suspicious and not quite human.

The Club President says he was runner up in the Chainsaw Man quiz contest, that's gotta mean Denji also entered and won that quiz contest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yoshida is really doing everything in his power to seem both suspicious and not quite human.

The Club President says he was runner up in the Chainsaw Man quiz contest, that's gotta mean Denji also entered and won that quiz contest.

"What was the name of the man whose heart was replaced by the Katana Devil?"

Denji: "poo poo!"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I don't believe Denji would be able to win Chainsaw Man quiz contest. :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's gonna turn out Yoshida was the host.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ch 115 spoilers, lmao that Denji is the best person to be locked up with in an aquarium, not because he's Chainsaw man, but because he's Denji. He could live for weeks in here showing everyone how to make wallpaper soup.

Ruflux posted:

Considering it was only 11 pages and apparently he had to deliver chapters early due to the holidays (hence the leaks), I'm surprised he didn't just combine this with the next chapter. That way the setup and payoff would've been contained in one longer chapter rather than being split kind of awkwardly in the middle. I enjoyed it regardless but I'm also dying to see more since there were a few really interesting developments in this one.

Just read the spoilers and it works for me, honestly. It'd feel a little abrupt to me otherwise.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 27, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just thought of something: I don't think anyone ever explained to Denji how the Chainsaw Devil could eat other Devils and make them and the concept they drew their power from cease to exist.

So when Yoshida starts talking about Chainsaw Man eating the Death Devil the readers recognize that as some extremely classified information that it's suspicious Yoshida knows, but Denji is just thinking "Aw poo poo, this giant nerd has lost his mind and now he's babbling total nonsense".

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

I just thought of something: I don't think anyone ever explained to Denji how the Chainsaw Devil could eat other Devils and make them and the concept they drew their power from cease to exist.

So when Yoshida starts talking about Chainsaw Man eating the Death Devil the readers recognize that as some extremely classified information that it's suspicious Yoshida knows, but Denji is just thinking "Aw poo poo, this giant nerd has lost his mind and now he's babbling total nonsense".

Eh. Perfectly reasonable to assume that Kishibe told him. Probably would've come up as he ate Makima.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Asa and Yuko being friends makes a lot of sense given what she said this chapter

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I dunno. Denji would be the kind of guy to keep his press clippings. And depending on how Nayuta's turning out, she's probably a chainsaw man superfan.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
If only Denji ate the Eternity Devil the first time instead of just killing. That being said, if "eternity" was removed from the universe, what would change? Nothing lasts forever to begin with.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flair posted:

If only Denji ate the Eternity Devil the first time instead of just killing. That being said, if "eternity" was removed from the universe, what would change? Nothing lasts forever to begin with.

Have you ever been on a plane waiting for it to take off, but it gets delayed for some reason and they won't let you get off and go back inside the airport so you're just stuck waiting there feeling miserable squished together with a bunch of other equally miserable people and you have no idea how long you're going to be there?

If the Eternity Devil was eaten that wouldn't happen anymore.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Wouldn't that still happen, but people wouldn't be aware of it? Hybrids still exist despite Chainsawman eating their concept, we just don't know what they truly are anymore

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I thought the concept of hybrids was eaten not all of the devils themselves. so people don't know hybrids are a thing but they still exist

fake edit: I guess the best example is the other alternatives to death. do they still happen even if no one knows of them anymore? I didn't get that impression from Makima's explanation. they simply aren't possible anymore

same thing with nuclear weapons. why would war care about chainsaw man, if nukes still secretly existed and killed people?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 28, 2022

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Flair posted:

Super Mario 64 speedruns wouldn't need to glitch out that staircase at the end

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Blue Dragon would be a much worse game

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I thought the concept of hybrids was eaten not all of the devils themselves. so people don't know hybrids are a thing but they still exist

fake edit: I guess the best example is the other alternatives to death. do they still happen even if no one knows of them anymore? I didn't get that impression from Makima's explanation. they simply aren't possible anymore

same thing with nuclear weapons. why would war care about chainsaw man, if nukes still secretly existed and killed people?

According to Makima the Hybrids are the only example of something still existing despite Chainsaw Man eating their concept.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Nuclear weapons are not a naturally occurring phenomenon. They have to be made by humans, so if no humans know they exist, how could they make them?

I suppose War could try to make one herself but is it possible for Asa to feel that guilty?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

According to Makima the Hybrids are the only example of something still existing despite Chainsaw Man eating their concept.

yeah that's the point I'm trying to make. they're the exception to the rule of chainsaw. why that's a thing I have no clue

I'll caveat that Makima isn't exactly the most trustworthy source. tho she didn't have any particular reason to lie in that situation

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ZiegeDame posted:

Nuclear weapons are not a naturally occurring phenomenon. They have to be made by humans, so if no humans know they exist, how could they make them?

I suppose War could try to make one herself but is it possible for Asa to feel that guilty?

I think it's debatable what would happen here. could a human still stumble upon a situation where they induced nuclear fission? honestly this opens the door to way more questions than answers. so the end result is :shrug:

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
yoshida is already incredibly suspicious so it's not really that surprising that he knows real secrets too

wanting to exert control over denji (even if it's sincerely with denji's own interests in mind) means he's very likely to be bad news ultimately but it's of course completely unclear what his actual angle yet is - maybe he's working for/with kishibe in some capacity? but kishibe probably wouldn't take this tact

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Flavahbeast posted:

Blue Dragon would be a much worse game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i assumed the hybrids cn exist because the chainsaw devil can become one so they can't get erased fully or thered be a big-rear end paradox. all the hybrids got stuck in this in-between zone where they cn exist but no one can conceive of what they are unless they find out about them or remember the hybrid devil. if they already existed or get made they still get to exist though