Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
After getting so close to Tokyo Sports tag team of the year, Tam is gonna talk Rossy into giving Meltear a year+ reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

That Eve international title is somehow too big for even Yuu. Love it. Need to put in on Mei Suruga just for the comedy.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 29, 2022

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Yuu has been loving fantastic. Hearing the Sumo Hall oh'ss and aw's for everything Yuu did down the stretch was great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

YES!!!!!!!!!

Awesome match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Really good match

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Stall_19 posted:

After getting so close to Tokyo Sports tag team of the year, Tam is gonna talk Rossy into giving Meltear a year+ reign.

Pretty awful politician obviously needs to learn from the best

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

hell yes

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm going to try and be as objective as possible about this match but I know I'm going to be pissed off at the inevitable result

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rooting for Giulia here, she deserves the red belt. :)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Giulia's not my fave but I'm alright with her winning the red belt. She's had some great matches this year and she just looks and carries herself like a top star.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stall_19 posted:

Giulia's not my fave but I'm alright with her winning the red belt. She's had some great matches this year and she just looks and carries herself like a top star.

Yeah. Plus you have to figure where does Syuri go from here if she retains tonight? Let alone Giulia. I could see Giulia targeting the IWGP Women's Championship if she were to fail tonight, but that's about it.

Syuri is a great wrestler but she's had the title for awhile now, and needs a shakeup.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Giulia winning is definitely the right choice after all the build up. And I do think she's really good and the sort of person who is top star material, I just don't like her a whole lot. hahaha

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Giulia and Syuri with the biggest show of the year bumps, goddamn

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean...that piledriver spot looks like it should have hurt Syuri more than Giulia but what do I know!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Some loving crazy bumps here

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

both of them should be dead. I hope they don't just act like those bumps never happened

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

please don't kick out Syuri lol. This match has reached breaking point

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Absolutely brutal match

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Both of them were just exhausted by the end there. To me it added to the finish even though a lot of that wasn't perfect.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

It was kind of a mixed bag at the end. Them being exhausted added to it at times, but when you are so out of it that you can't remember how to do your moves, it's lessened a bit. That's why everyone's finisher should be a lariat instead of some complicated lift

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The one Guilia had a hard time setting up was Maika's move so it made sense to me. She started to do other DDM member's moves down the stretch, anything she could think of to put Syuri down.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
STARDOM apparently announced a show for Yokohama Arena in April, so that will probably be Sasha/Mercedes's one STARDOM date if anything.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yes they did announce it for April 23rd. Today was Stardom’s highest ever attendance with 3869. Not counting Historic X-Over (7102) which was propped up by New Japan and the worked attendance for Yuzupon’s retirement show (5500).

Yokohama Arena holds 17000 which is a really tough ask. Incidentally Yokohama Arena is where Bushiroad’s bullish strategy of booking increasingly larger arenas for New Japan fell flat after they drew a (probably worked) attendance of just over 7000 there with a match between their IWGP Champion Okada and their new foreign star AJ Styles. Not mentioning that for any particular reason…

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also, still find it funny that people (mainly western STARDOM fans) are claiming Giulia isn't popular in Japan (claiming that her merch lines are really short), when everything I've seen and heard from people over there is that she's very popular.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They don’t really have individual merch lines any more. It’s all sold together like at a NJPW show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes they did announce it for April 23rd. Today was Stardom’s highest ever attendance with 3869. Not counting Historic X-Over (7102) which was propped up by New Japan and the worked attendance for Yuzupon’s retirement show (5500).

Considering most of the top matches were composed of a lot of outsiders I'd consider that a big success. They weren't set up for much more than that number.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The attendances are still low enough that drawing in Diana or Prominence fans who don’t usually go to Stardom shows would make an appreciable difference.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1608442977466322945

They did tease that awhile back. Thought they had forgotten about it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Reading the recaps of Dream Queendom, it's notable that Cosmic Angels appear to be imploding, considering that they're one of STARDOM's most popular units, if not the most. Maybe it just leads to Waka leaving and Mina splitting off Club Venus.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I watched the show in chunks throughout the day and loved it overall.

Highlights included the bicycle spot, Saki being murdered, and meltear getting smushed which was gratifying after Tam bullied poor Waka on the previous show.

Giulia isn't my fave but she's fine as champion. I just hope they break from the recent pattern of FSGP winner wins title at Dream Queendom and loses it at next Dream Queendom.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I think there are still 3 matches I have to watch and from the sounds of it they might be some of the best on the show lol. I missed most of the prominence match, most of the tag titles match and basically all of the white belt match.

The latter of those I haven't heard much chatter about tbf. But the other 2 I'm definitely going to make a priority

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 30, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Crapple! posted:

I think there are still 3 matches I have to watch and from the sounds of it they might be some of the best on the show lol. I missed most of the prominence match, most of the tag titles match and basically all of the white belt match.

The latter of those I haven't heard much chatter about tbf. But the other 2 I'm definitely going to make a priority

Tag title match was really loving good. The Prominence match was pretty good. I disliked the white belt match. It felt really disjointed and as much as this criticism is tired and overused there was no real psychology to it. Like it was literally just a bunch of moves with no sense of progression

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yokohama Arena holds 17000 which is a really tough ask. Incidentally Yokohama Arena is where Bushiroad’s bullish strategy of booking increasingly larger arenas for New Japan fell flat after they drew a (probably worked) attendance of just over 7000 there with a match between their IWGP Champion Okada and their new foreign star AJ Styles. Not mentioning that for any particular reason…

Dave has some details on that in WON.

- Stardom attempts to do the biggest women's show in decades (30 year anniversary of AJW Dream Slam 1)

- this is the Stardom show Mercedes Varnado/Sasha Banks commited to doing

- Stardom working with multiple companies and free agents to build for the show with the idea of it being a multiple-brand supershow.

- Rossy Ogawa already made a deal with Meiko Satomura so that women from Sendai Girls will be coming to Stardom

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Pylons posted:

Dave has some details on that in WON.

- Stardom working with multiple companies and free agents to build for the show with the idea of it being a multiple-brand supershow.

If this is the case, it would be interesting to see if TJPW joins in. My guess is that they wouldn't, though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TJPW joining in would definitely add intrigue because Stardom have already worked with everyone else bar Ice Ribbon who won’t. TJPW have traditionally been isolationist and I don’t think Koda and Rossy get along but Takagi is friends with Rossg

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
It wouldn't surprise me at all if TJPW stays its own mostly self-contained thing while new Ganbare Joshi acts as CyberFight's joshi "away team" for stuff like that. I remember Takagi saying something like CyberFight was putting together a new joshi brand that he implied would be more traditional than TJPW, but that it would also be separate from GanJo. That brand hasn't materialized, but given their 2023 plans, it wouldn't surprise me to hear it mutated into something involving GanJo after all.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

At the Ice Ribbon show, Mio Shirai’s infant daughter is in the crowd and breaking clap crowd restrictions to shout MAMA over and over again.

I hope they fine that baby heavily

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MA-MA DRA-GON

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

At the Ice Ribbon show, Mio Shirai’s infant daughter is in the crowd and breaking clap crowd restrictions to shout MAMA over and over again.

I hope they fine that baby heavily

Aw, she had a kid? Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, she had a kid? Nice!

She’s had two! They were helping her sell her T-shirts today