Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

lih posted:

yoshida is already incredibly suspicious so it's not really that surprising that he knows real secrets too

would be very fitting for the octopus devil contractor to be doing sort of a lurking manipulator thing, SPECTRE style. maybe he's like kaji and he shows up on everyone's payroll at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
here's a question. why was the devil hunter club even at the aquarium in the first place? Yoshida said he wanted to look at fish. most likely a lie but plausible at least

we're they just randomly patrolling and got lucky? did someone report an odd occurrence?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

because denji’s going to be there

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
narratively ya, but do they have any idea who he is or given any indication that they do? Yoshida makes perfect sense

I mean it makes sense they're here to die gloriously but that's besides the point

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MizuZero posted:

Are you suggesting that Yoshida is stalking Denji? How crazy! It's just a coincidence. Yoshida said so.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

MizuZero posted:

This is true because Fami is part of the devil hunter's club.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

here's a question. why was the devil hunter club even at the aquarium in the first place? Yoshida said he wanted to look at fish. most likely a lie but plausible at least

we're they just randomly patrolling and got lucky? did someone report an odd occurrence?

last chapter it was explained by the president - there's a lot of devil activity at the aquarium in general so they were on patrol.

yoshida isn't a member of the club though, but fami is. yoshida is almost certainly there because he was keeping an eye on denji (maybe investigating fami too), and fami almost certainly got the club to go on patrol there because denji & asa were going on a date there.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, I just realized, Denji didn't get to see the Penguins!

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
why is there a lot of devil activity at the aquarium

what is going on at the aquarium ?!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

raocow posted:

Well, maybe you'd know if you'd listened to Asa's monologue rather than trying to run off and see the penguins.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Part 2 of Chainsaw Man is just Card Captor Sakura, two episodes from now the park playground is gonna be like

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, I just realized, Denji didn't get to see the Penguins!

Denji ate them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

raocow posted:

Devils get their powers from fear and lots of people think the ocean and the things in it are scary.

We've already seen that the Octopus Devil is pretty OP, and the Shark Devil was also an adorable badass. The Jellyfish, Angler Fish, and Drowning Devils are probably also extremely powerful.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ffs how'd I miss this line

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

LostRook posted:

This is true because Fami is part of the devil hunter's club.

It's this, remember she showed up with the other 2 hunters and "lost"

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I want to see the Mariana Trench devil

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

That's a lie.
They also wanted to see the penguins.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

raocow posted:

A manga aquarium is a fear engine. By law, 60% of the people there must be on awkward dates. A further 30% are lost children. The remaining 10% is divided between staff and ringer couples seeded there to make the protagonists feel self conscious.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cephas posted:

Part 2 of Chainsaw Man is just Card Captor Sakura, two episodes from now the park playground is gonna be like

Give me a Catch You Catch Me OP with Denji, Asa,and Yoshida

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 29, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Yoshida said he wanted to look at fish. most likely a lie but plausible at least

Gotta feed the Octopus Devil

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Fishermen fed up of catching the Sea Cucumber Devil, they put it in a tank for a bit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Another anime watcher putting down impressions.

-Very brisk first chapter, yeah. The loving impact is so good. That kill on the zombie devil was dope AF.
-Whole rear end little sidequest that got cut when adapting the second chapter, huh!
-Yeah, i love this paneling and how shti leads into the following page. And the union song!

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5bqk2tSMsI
Not sure if this has been posted already, but this is the dumbest Chainsaw Man thing I have seen that made me laugh, A live action version of the opening. No spoilers, this is safe for anime watchers. I kinda want to see a live action episode done this way.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That's loving amazing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I think it's debatable what would happen here. could a human still stumble upon a situation where they induced nuclear fission? honestly this opens the door to way more questions than answers. so the end result is :shrug:

Fission? Zero problems with that, even in a world were the concept of nuclear weapons was deleted, atomic decay would still be a thing. Now, building bombs being impossible, things would probably turn out like in that Hans Dominik SF-story were Humanity accidentally turns their moon into a nuclear sun. (This SF-story was written before the first nuclear bomb was tested, and nuclear power barely understood at all. In it, radioactive decay can still cause a chain-reaction, but only as a slow, determined process that can "infect" non-radioactive materials, too.)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

boz posted:

I want to see the Mariana Trench devil

I think that's just Darkness with a snorkel in one of its screaming human faces' mouths.

All the severed astronauts are now in SCUBA gear

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I read Fire Punch. What a strange series.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Finished watching the anime, now completely caught up with the manga.

Good to see Denji developed a healthy appetite. :stare:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Feel like it's a rather unhealthy appetite. Too much meat.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pretty toxic, too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it was only the one time, guys

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Finished watching the anime, now completely caught up with the manga.

Good to see Denji developed a healthy appetite. :stare:

I think my favorite thing is the amazing coincidence that this spot-on thread title was chosen well before the conclusion of part 1.

In the movie, "A Boy and His Dog", the main character and his psychic dog companion choose each other's survival and end up killing and eating the duplicitous love interest.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 31, 2022

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Denji eating Makima was perfect and I'm mad that I've seen two or possibly three people in the past who didn't like it. It makes perfect sense in-universe AND thematically, plus it's symbolic. Yeah it's hosed up, that's because it has to be, if the solution weren't hosed up then he wouldn't be Denji and this wouldn't be Chainsaw Man.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ragnar34 posted:

Denji eating Makima was perfect and I'm mad that I've seen two or possibly three people in the past who didn't like it. It makes perfect sense in-universe AND thematically, plus it's symbolic. Yeah it's hosed up, that's because it has to be, if the solution weren't hosed up then he wouldn't be Denji and this wouldn't be Chainsaw Man.

yeah the ending is perfect in just how hosed up it is. Denji stated from the very beginning that food was the most important thing to him. so it's deliciously ironic that eating is how it ends

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Supremezero posted:

Feel like it's a rather unhealthy appetite. Too much meat.

He'll be fine, he's got plenty of control.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Sit on my Jace posted:

He'll be fine, he's got plenty of control.

But alas, not much taste.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda wonder if Denji’s a vegetarian now? He probably still likes food a lot but I can see him just avoiding red meat at least pretty much forever. Or he just got over it completely, either or with him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Last Celebration posted:

I kinda wonder if Denji’s a vegetarian now? He probably still likes food a lot but I can see him just avoiding red meat at least pretty much forever. Or he just got over it completely, either or with him!

You think anything would put Denji off of eating food?