Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

yknow, a lot of people think Kid is going to cause problems on Elbaf, but if they know he beat Big Mom, they might welcome him in as a hero and give him the rode poneglyph and Saul's research without any issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thinking about Blackbeard's fruit and how it's the opposite of Luffy's fruit. Is it despair to oppose Luffy's hope?

I dont think BBs a despair kind of guy, all consuming ambition and greed sure but not despair.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hey, hey, hey...

Seraphim Roger

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hatty posted:

Its Seraphim Buggy

insanely strong seraphim buggy would be so sick

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So the thing about Seraphim Buggy or Seraphim Law is that they would be two years old at the oldest. I know we've got some accelerated growth technology in this world, but they mention that the Seraphim we see are immature/not at peak power yet, and you'd think they'd age them up to full power if that was an option.

That's not to say we won't see a crazy powerful Seraphim Buggy, just keep in mind he will be a crazy powerful baby clown angel.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eiba posted:

So the thing about Seraphim Buggy or Seraphim Law is that they would be two years old at the oldest. I know we've got some accelerated growth technology in this world, but they mention that the Seraphim we see are immature/not at peak power yet, and you'd think they'd age them up to full power if that was an option.

That's not to say we won't see a crazy powerful Seraphim Buggy, just keep in mind he will be a crazy powerful baby clown angel.

This is assuming this isn't the seraphim after aging up, and also that Vegapunk came up with the seraphim 10 years ago or whatever, when the pacifista that were more or less their predecessors are only like 2 years old.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eiba posted:

youre probably right, but it’s worth mentioning that the seraphim’s creation as super clones is probably at least adjacent to the tech Germa 66 used to make their super soldier redshirts that had accelerated aging.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Supremezero posted:

This is assuming this isn't the seraphim after aging up, and also that Vegapunk came up with the seraphim 10 years ago or whatever, when the pacifista that were more or less their predecessors are only like 2 years old.

The Pacifista project seems to go back to however long ago Kuma became a Warlord. 2 years ago is just the first time that the mass army of Pacifista got fully activated, and subsequently made public. The Seraphim project seems to be a parallel project that is based more in all the child experiments in accelerated growth, attempts at gigantification, and whatever experiments Kaido saved King from. Both projects look like they were envisioned as ways to replace the Warlord system, but the discovery of the green blood thing is what put the Seraphim over the top.

Without the green blood power transference, the Seraphim don't look like they would be much stronger than a Pacifista. Just some genetically modified super soldiers vs cyborg/android super soldiers. PX-0 is almost certainly still the most powerful out of all the PX and S designated science drones, and of course the WG hosed up and let the Celestial Dragons do their best to break it before it fell out of their control. If Kuma's personality/brain is being safeguarded by the Vegapunk trust, I'd guess that it pops back up in a hybrid PS fusion body.

I do hope we get a nice Papa Bear coming in to save his little girl moment. One Piece could use another good parent in light of the absolute sea of bad dads and bad moms.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eiba posted:

Okay, but consider this is exactly what I want.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Garp is going to do exactly what Whitebeard did: Kick the utter poo poo out of Blackbeard and then die. Though I assume we're gonna get some cool Xebec stuff when the worm turns in that particular fight.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Are we even sure that Garp is heading to the same island that Blackbeard is on? It feels like the Blackbeard Pirates are splitting up to get as much done as possible. We have Blackbeard, Van Auger, Doc Q all fighting Law for his poneglyphs. Pudding is with them, but it looks like Kuzan is off doing something else after having helped Van Auger capture her. Koby wasn't shown imprisoned in the ship with Pudding as well.

That leaves half of the rest of the crew unaccounted for. One of them being Shiryu, who can turn invisible and would be a prime person to send to Egghead Island for intel. Sanjuan Wolf is out there as well, another candidate to either protect where they have Koby stored or go to Elbaf if Blackbeard knows they have a poneglyph there.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

i wonder if BBs fruit will work on luffy and then luffys powers come back because everyone believes in him or hes just like "hell yeah im a gomu man" and that dream manifests into reality

Would be really funny if his ability flat doesn't work because it's impossible to catch the God of Liberation :v:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Seraphim Buggy plus Gear Fifth means we get Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

oh poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mabels big day posted:

yknow, a lot of people think Kid is going to cause problems on Elbaf, but if they know he beat Big Mom, they might welcome him in as a hero and give him the rode poneglyph and Saul's research without any issue

he explicitly said he was going to see the guy with the fire damage and then we find out saul is alive and in elbaf and then kidd arrives in elbaf so yeah hes almost certainly getting that stuff from saul

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

lmao

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eiba posted:

Hmm. I wonder. Let's work it out. North Blue and West Blue are on the other side of the Red Line from the first half of the Grand Line. And checking all their locations... everyone went to islands on the first half of the Grand Line except Robin and Chopper who went to East Blue and South Blue. And Nami who went to a sky island.

Checks out. Kuma's power might indeed be stopped by the Red Line.

I think Kumas power just goes in straight lines. So the Red Line should stop it, for anyone Kuma sends but not Kuma. Kuma can just shoot himself to the top, then continue on his journey, although it would take two extra Paw Paw shots

Eiba posted:

I noticed a detail about Stussy when looking back at recent chapters: she's familiar with Egghead. She's the one who explains that the monsters are holograms, and explains the Frontier Dome. When Lucci comments that she's well informed, she mentions that it's nostalgic for her and leaves it at that.

I'm now all but convinced that she's Vegapunk's ally they were talking about this chapter.

Same, except after I came to that conclusion I thought it was too convenient and now im thinking about it more. The person in MADS has a bob cut and fishnet stockings too. Isnt that too convenient?!

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 30, 2022

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m still reeling from the fact that we have Vegapunk on the page.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
This has nothing to do with anything but I just recently discovered that the people in Runa and Eiba's avatars are characters from Turn A Gundam and I feel a sense of relief having put that long-standing enigma to rest.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Turn A Gundam owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Who the gently caress is scoppet gaban

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Jose posted:

a very powerful man!!

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Jose posted:

The guy with two axes who wears sunglasses.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

A guy I thought was named Bronze Yohn Royce, because it works well with the names Gol. D. Roger and Silvers Rayleigh, but that's a different forgettable guy from ASOIAF.

So he's the copper guy from this series whose name isn't as good as a guy from an unrelated series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Basically the last notable Rogers pirate who has gotten very little attention. He's part of the Gold/Silver/Copper theme thing the Rogers pirates had going on so people assume he's probably going to be important at some point.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

He's the third strongest of the Roger pirates, so the Jinbe of our crew.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

Third strongest Strawhat is Zoro. After Yamato.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crosspeice posted:

Fourth, because of Oden.

He really is the Sanji of the Roger Pirates Crew

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Crosspeice posted:

His coconut gun can fire in spurts.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I bet Scopper's super strong, but Sanji makes better food, and in Luffy's eyes, that's all that matters, and that's why Sanji's one of the wings of the Pirate King.

Wait, who was Kaido's cook?

Who's Shanks'?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

This has nothing to do with anything but I just recently discovered that the people in Runa and Eiba's avatars are characters from Turn A Gundam and I feel a sense of relief having put that long-standing enigma to rest.

hatty posted:

Turn A Gundam owns

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

I bet Scopper's super strong, but Sanji makes better food, and in Luffy's eyes, that's all that matters, and that's why Sanji's one of the wings of the Pirate King.

Who's Shanks'?

Roger had a cook and it was Scopper and he only used his axes to do everything, chop, slice, dice, stir, knead, serve.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Desumaytah posted:

Who's Shanks'?

Apparently Lucky Roux is the chef for Shank's crew

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when your crew gets into the thousands there isn't just one cook.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

why do you think lucky roux was so fast?? so he could cook for everyone

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

im doing my first time watch rn, and I can't be the only one that thinks that Ace died like a bozo, right? Mans was home free and suicided for some schoolyard rear end taunts, I thought there was gonna be some real knife twist poo poo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ace is dumb as poo poo yeah

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He loves his Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...