Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Ace going apeshit over people talking smack or loving over his friends is like the one thing he inherited from dear old biological dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rudoku posted:

And traumatizing his bro.

This is false

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Ace going apeshit over people talking smack or loving over his friends is like the one thing he inherited from dear old biological dad.

Luffy probably woulda done the same thing if Ace was insulted tbh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, luffy kept his eye on the prize the whole time.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

im doing my first time watch rn, and I can't be the only one that thinks that Ace died like a bozo, right? Mans was home free and suicided for some schoolyard rear end taunts, I thought there was gonna be some real knife twist poo poo

Oh yeah, my partner was super invested in that plot, sobbing, coming up with theories in the middle of the night, the whole works. Then THAT happened, and:

:j: : “Oh. That was stupid.”

Edit: she also thought that Squard acted completely reasonably, and argued that Whitebeard was the villain for the rest of the arc.

CommunityEdition fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 1, 2023

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

we already know scopper was strong because he was the guy oden duelled against in the 3 day roger vs whitebeard clash in his flashback

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ace for sure Marty McFlyed himself over someone calling him chicken but he didn’t have the Doc there to rewrite history and undo the gaping hole in his stomach

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Whitebeard: needs to be kept on life support, is old as gently caress and dying, takes over 500 stabs/shots/magic punches to finally take him down -- and dies standing
Ace: one melty punch

blackbeards fun tho

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, luffy kept his eye on the prize the whole time.

pretty sure he was getting pummeled by teach in impel down until jinbe told him to cool his jets

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Even Akainu is confused his smack talk actually worked, one of the funniest panels in retrospect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Crosspeice posted:

Even Akainu is confused his smack talk actually worked, one of the funniest panels in retrospect.

Akainu: ..... it CANNOT be that easy, right!?! :stare:

I do love that Akainu becoming Supreme Admiral has made him (even more) miserable. He's just fully stressed out and infuriated and frustrated all the time and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We can compare Fleet Admiral Sengoku vs Inspector General Sengoku too for the difference in dispositions.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

I do love that Akainu becoming Supreme Admiral has made him (even more) miserable. He's just fully stressed out and infuriated and frustrated all the time and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Best part was when that once scene where Akainu's losing his poo poo and Sengoku, having fully entered "I'm retired and I've got zero fucks left to give" mode, is just standing in the background going "Not so easy is it!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

We can compare Fleet Admiral Sengoku vs Inspector General Sengoku too for the difference in dispositions.

Sengoku: I got a goat, some crackers, and absolutely zero responsibilities. gently caress, Garp had it right all this time.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Ace was such a tremendous idiot that he was the first person in One Piece to die on-panel, outside of a flashback.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Excuse you, Mountain Bandit A was right there in the first chapter

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I choose to believe that counts as a flashback.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

We're still in flashback....

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Desumaytah posted:

I choose to believe that counts as a flashback.

Page is white. Not a flashback. :colbert:

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I can't get enough of how goofy vegapunk looks with the tongue and stretched head. It's so One Piece to have one of the most important characters who's been teased for 20 years to look like that

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I like to think that Oda had loads of different designs for Vegapunk over the years and eventually just decided on all of them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jerusalem posted:

I was thinking about this during the OP movies. Dude does not get a smidge of a W at any point since he got the job. Not even in Stampede! Everyone with a name gets a little W in that movie one way or the other!! Akainu's life really sucks and he's gonna let it all out on someone for sure.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i'm sure the guy with the volcano fruit having a meltdown won't cause any issues

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sengoku mellowed the gently caress out when he quit the job, meaning great things for the already very mentally stable Sakazuki.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MorningMoon posted:

I was thinking about this during the OP movies. Dude does not get a smidge of a W at any point since he got the job. Not even in Stampede! Everyone with a name gets a little W in that movie one way or the other!! Akainu's life really sucks and he's gonna let it all out on someone for sure.

Given the guy's "absolute justice" mantra and his willingness to murder Coby during the Marineford war, not to mention him getting pissed at Fujitora for admitting fault during Dressrosa instead of stealing credit for Doflamingo's defeat, he's absolutely gonna end up snapping eventually. I won't be shocked if he's in Impel Down by the end of the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It would be very funny if it was a small thing that finally set him off. Like his pen explodes and he gets ink on his favorite shirt.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

It would be very funny if it was a small thing that finally set him off. Like his pen explodes and he gets ink on his favorite shirt.

pretty funny for oda to make the marine antagonist a guy who literally is stewing until he explodes a magma man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just an entire cover story based on Falling Down

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Waffleman_ posted:

Gets stuck in a traffic jam at a dock and it goes downhill from there

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Garp thought it'd be funny to swap the coffee room's sugar for salt. Akainu accidentally destroys the entire red line in rage.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MorningMoon posted:

Garp thought it'd be funny to swap the coffee room's sugar for salt. Akainu accidentally destroys the entire red line in rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQKVDUBu2g&t=38s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Akainu: I'm the bad g-?
Literally everybody in the One Piece Universe: YES!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ive been holding out for the higher quality scans but im growing weak

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ive finished growing weak

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im back and the reviews are in

one piece owns

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Given how poo poo he is, do you think he's going to have the most tragic backstory, or the least?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its going to be a montage of all the times he punched people without the magma fruit

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sakazuki was born to a poor baker family, who barely managed to scrape by selling homemade doughnuts. When his family was brutally slaughtered by notorious pirate Cruller D. Unkin, he devoted the rest of his life to leaving his family’s mark on the evil pirates of the world.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

a bismark filled with raspberry "magma" sounds delicious right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Akainu being a divorced dad sounds right to me.