Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Cybertruck will not have brakes as it's sturdy frame will use outside objects to stop the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
remember when people thought the US had high standards for auto safety?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Where we're going, we won't need LIDAR to see.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

you thought you saw epic autodrive accident vids. heh. you aint seen nothing until you see the cybertruck vs the law of conservation of momentum

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
GVWR (which is what is being cited in this thread) includes passengers, fuel, cargo, trailer tow etc., so if it's 8000, and the Tesla has a 3000 pound load capability the vehicle may only weigh 5000 pounds.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Does anyone have a link to the source of the no-airbags post? Looks like it was just a joke.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

MY LOVE FOR YOU IS CYBERTRUCK

BOERZERKER

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

DemonTrigger posted:

I remember Knowledge Fight covered an even dumber somehow version of this where there was four circles, and all the slices had various other dystopias in them, and none of them really made sense. And as already mentioned, the premises of each of these mutually exclude each other.

that's how far we are through the looking glass here!!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ymgve posted:

8,501 pounds, what the gently caress, are they making the body of tungsten?

If the panels and frame are all SST, that makes sense. Tesla's cars tend to run a little heavier than the similar conventional models, but those are at least around the same volume. The cybertruck is basically a steel el camino pretending to be a F150, so...not great.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

It is so sturdy that the kinetic energy of an impact will be 100% transmitted to the people inside, making sure they explode or something.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No airbags kill more shareholders than they save.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

MY LOVE FOR YOU IS CYBERTRUCK

This really made me laugh. Thanks.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Again, you guys are comparing curb weight to GVWR and they are not at all the same thing.

The GVWR of an F250 is 10000 pounds. A Cybertruck does not have a curb weight of 8500 pounds.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My dad works for Tesla and I got to talk with the President Elon and he showed me the new Super Cybertruck 420 and only I got to test drive it and it has no steering wheel and only one giant accelerator pedal and THREE guns to stop bad guys

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Lt. Cock posted:

My dad works for Tesla and I got to talk with the President Elon and he showed me the new Super Cybertruck 420 and only I got to test drive it and it has no steering wheel and only one giant accelerator pedal and THREE guns to stop bad guys
If one of them isn't mounted to the roof why even bother

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Lt. Cock posted:

"10,000 more shares!"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sorry for Peterson, but rofl

https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1610401726942810112

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

im going off early teens memory here, but 1984 is "We control and limit and lie about everything, with the confidence of pure truth, and only we tell the truth, everyone else is fake news" Brave New World is "a flood of pleasure and decadence to make you not care, and drown the truth in the tub hidden under bullshit that doesnt matter" and i never read 451, so cant compare, but going off my cultural osmosis "we destroy knowledge to keep our minds free from pollution."

We got both those first ones of various flavours. Twitter sure as gently caress helps that.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Devils Affricate posted:

Does anyone have a link to the source of the no-airbags post? Looks like it was just a joke.

I don't think there is a source, it's just random posts that get amplified and then supported with the vague information available. It's basically a deduction from two things: 1, no Cybertruck seen or driven has ever been equipped with airbags and 2, vehicles in certain classes are not required to have airbags and it's quite possible that the Cybertruck's weight could put it in one of those classes.

Number 1 can pretty obviously be attributed to concept cars and prototypes not needing airbags but there's so little news about the production versions that people are just jumping to conclusions. The current known information about the Cybertruck contains nothing about airbags and if it were any other manufacturer it would be obvious that they would be on the production car, but Elon has just enough wildcard stupidity for people to wonder if this is another yoke or no side mirrors thing.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
“Government spending is bad…EXCEPT WHEN ITS FOR ME!”

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1610434975270342656?s=20&t=rbmqrm4sss3xJXJsvw1Oww

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Azhais posted:

It's probably mostly lithium

Couldn't be, lithium is like element number 3, very low atomic weight

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Now I know why he's being sent to the Canadian re-education camps

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/pneumanousz/status/1610379608594972672?s=46&t=mWd0KDFGG303kxdaKc7V1Q
Touchscreens are such a terrible, terrible idea for car controls beyond maybe radio or a big navigation screen.

I love my screen for CarPlay, but I can't imagine it being used to control anything in the car itself. If the screen died, I'd just have to put in an order for a replacement and, in the meantime, use the voice directions in Google Maps, maybe pull over to put on a new podcast, etc and not, you know, stop driving it.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Mx. posted:

it's 90% hosed for people in aus/nz
Confirming that it's been utterly hosed all day for NZ. Flat-out nothing will load. Just endless spinning wheel of death.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Confirming that it's been utterly hosed all day for NZ. Flat-out nothing will load. Just endless spinning wheel of death.

Sorry Aussies/Kiwis but Elon detected at least a couple of dozen bots somewhere around Oceania and he went into the server room and just started kicking racks with steel toed boots until he "fixed" it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
imagine a touch screen breaking and having to use voice over to switch gears.

also having a scottish accents.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Trillhouse posted:

"10,000 more shares!"

MILK
INSTIT

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Looking into it!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
There's an artist called Chris Barker who does year-end Sgt Pepper style mosaics of the people who have died during the year... you may have seen them in other threads.

What you may not have seen is the last few updates posted in the dying hours of the year... which feature a certain little blue icon.

https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1609166844140871681

There's also this...

https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1605248593916563459

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1610454795177062401?s=20&t=3VOSb5ObdPKVVw-ZLLOVpw

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

holy poo poo it's real

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Someone tweet “no wonder 2022 sucked rear end!” At him

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

if Elon ever addresses this I hope he makes a "New Zealand?? Where's that? 🤣🤣🤣🤣" post

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I went to the site (https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...e-motor-vehicle), but what are they actually asking for comments on? It sounds like they're asking for comments on whether they should ask for comments on the tax rules.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol what's the point of posting this elon?

do you think he's just sitting in the dark, sipping on some caffeine free diet coke, and trying to remember the good old days?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Narcissism on crack

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

:lmao:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kazil posted:

lol what's the point of posting this elon?

do you think he's just sitting in the dark, sipping on some caffeine free diet coke, and trying to remember the good old days?

100% but the justification will probably be some "look at how the media turns on you when you stop catering to the woke mind virus"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
the death of twitter is gonna take out so many posters. there are threads that are almost entirely just lists of links to tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This is a good one