Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Maybe she’ll make a powerful aquarium spear and feel extremely guilty about all the dead fish

She’s overdue for a long lasting weapon, and an infinite amount of compressed concrete, glass and fish guts has to be durable.

I dunno, its pretty fitting for Wars weapons to be constantly destroyed and requiring new crafting. Unlike Control, which just uses stuff forever, War destroys everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Woah here I am at the end of another installment of Chainsaw man just completely surprised and excited for the next one

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Awww, Denji just wants to send his friend/little sister to College <3

AWWW, Asa reminds him of Power <3 <3

Oh, he gave up his little sisters college fund for a vague promise to do something with Asa... My sweet, precious boy will never change <3 <3 <3

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Popo posted:

Awww, Denji just wants to send his friend/little sister to College <3

AWWW, Asa reminds him of Power <3 <3

Oh, he gave up his little sisters college fund for a vague promise to do something with Asa... My sweet, precious boy will never change <3 <3 <3

That something will be "Work your rear end off to give me a bunch of money to send my little sister to college", Denji is smart now

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i figured there was no way denji could have burned through aki's inheritance to the point where he'd need to scrimp like this, his standards for living are too low to get really spendy and he'd tune out of any pyramid schemes before you got halfway through the pitch

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
he also has to feed like ten dogs

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
And a cat. Or maybe Kishibe takes care of Meowy now?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
finding out that Denji is trying to be a responsible older sibling / friend is adorable. missing out on his internal dialog really is changing the dynamic of the manga

he clearly still has personal motivations; so we're not above persuasion tho. Asa is smart enough to pick up on that and I'm proud of her. She's growing as a person

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i hope denji & asa become pals for real now but asa still manages to avoid finding out that he's chainsaw man while he realises that she has some weird devil stuff going on but doesn't really care if she's not causing problems.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Asa literally about to slap someone with a large trout.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

raocow posted:

he also has to feed like ten dogs

Seven dogs, a cat, and a kinda sister kinda friend kinda ???. That's not cheap, even if Denji's got a decent amount of money to start with from Aki's inheritance and his own Devil Hunter salary.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

its also entirely possible that denji has enough money to not have to live like a penny pinching freak, he just does anyway because he saw one of those listicles about how THIS PERSON RETIRED BY THE AGE OF 25 and thinks he can pull that poo poo off by not spending any money, ever

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
idk how much university in japan actually costs or anything but it's very possible denji just thinks "university is expensive" and hasn't actually figured out how affordable it is for him to pay for nayuta as-is

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
You're vastly underestimating how dangerous the Student Loans Devil is. Chainsaw man knows his limits.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Worth noting that with all the weird bullshit about the setting like the soviet union still being intact and no nukes (and thus probably no nuclear power) the cost of poo poo like aquariums and college could be completely different from reality, because there's no way to us to know enough to think about it

Of course Fujimoto could also just not give a poo poo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I also wonder if Denji just can't conceive of anything he'd want to buy for himself beyond basic amenities, and he's "Too stupid" for anything more ambitious than the life he already leads, so of course it's all for Nayuta's sake, what else does he have to live for?

Which is (comically, but also heartbreakingly) why it's so easy for him to just give it all to Asa in exchange for the nebulous promise of affection.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think he’s also ok with giving Asa the cash because he’s trusting she does have a plan and it’s not just he wants girls to like him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also why doesn’t Asa eat fish

It's because of Bucky. When she mentioned that she can't eat the whole fish "because they look too much like dead animals" she thinks of Bucky, I think. Or even if there's not direct evidence, it's almost certainly Bucky.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think she just doesn't like the taste. She tried a bit and didn't seem happy about it...

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Now that Yoru has been whisk away, Asa is acting relatively similar to Yoru who acts fairly similar to Power in the first place.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
This made me laugh and also sad

chainsaw man opening but only characters that don't die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVPYpK-1cuM

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Plowing through the manga right now

War Devil being stupid is incredibly amusing

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Accurate: manga captures the googly-eyed nosy manic energy of huskies

Inaccurate: they should be howling several times a minute

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Steve Yun posted:

Accurate: manga captures the googly-eyed nosy manic energy of huskies

Inaccurate: they should be howling several times a minute
No, I think you'll find it's quite accurate.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Lmao, Asa finally makes some progress with Denji and he immediately puts her in the Powerzone after she gets too swelled a head. At least she's trying not to turn him into a Denjitte now, though only time will tell if this solution works.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
This is truly my favorite Nayuta comic

https://at.tumblr.com/tobytoon/703943560735670272/kqj4j70gb9fn

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Just a little Holy terror who is better at math than denji :kimchi:

Edit: ment for this to be an edit :bang:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Lmao, Asa finally makes some progress with Denji and he immediately puts her in the Powerzone after she gets too swelled a head. At least she's trying not to turn him into a Denjitte now, though only time will tell if this solution works.

TBF, the Powerzone is a pretty good zone to be in with Denji.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Really enjoyed how impractical Bomb Devil’s costume was, and how she didn’t give a gently caress and her dynamite apron was just flopping everywhere like she was too powerful to let an impractical costume be a hindrance to her fighting

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Misunderstandings and missed opportunities with Reze: tragedy

Misunderstandings and missed opportunities with Asa: comedy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/shoyutoyo/status/1609295971820900352

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is there a reasoning behind War Devil being a potoo

Is it a joke about nazis hiding out in Brazil after WW2

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's more likely to be a reference to Athena.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hear me out here

Nazis hide out in Brazil after losing WW2

War Devil hides out as a Brazilian bird after being nerfed by the erasure of nukes, WW2 and Nazis

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Supremezero posted:

Worth noting that with all the weird bullshit about the setting like the soviet union still being intact and no nukes (and thus probably no nuclear power) the cost of poo poo like aquariums and college could be completely different from reality, because there's no way to us to know enough to think about it

Of course Fujimoto could also just not give a poo poo.

im pretty sure the soviet union is still intact because it's like 1990

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Soviet Union disbanded Dec 1991 so it would be neat to see how that plays out differently in this world

Edit vvv ah poo poo yeah

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 5, 2023

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It's 1997. Turns out having no nukes or warfare makes it a bit difficult to have a Cold War.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also not really remembering what WW2 was all about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That was the one with, like... the red guys, right?