Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You don't, they'll tell you.

The way I al heard it was ,“Don’t, worry, he’ll tell you at the first opportunity. And the second.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I knew a Texan that I didn’t know was a Texan until I said “Don’t mess with Texas, illiterates can be dangerous” and boy howdy he let me know then

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What kinda shitter am I looking at here?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I knew a Texan that I didn’t know was a Texan until I said “Don’t mess with Texas, illiterates can be dangerous” and boy howdy he let me know then

Should have sent it as an email!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I've seen the toilet in its own room before. I've seen jack-and-jill bathrooms before. The combination plus the door placement is, well

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: wrong thread

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's a sink, op. I'm not trying to keep you from living life how you want to, but just be aware flushing is gonna be a helluva project.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This was a pretty common in really old houses when indoor plumbing became a thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

a water closet :dadjoke:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm aware of that. Just can't say I've seen a tall toilet bowl like that before.

That house is in rural Illinois.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Is it one with the famous German 'inspection shelf' ?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Illinois does have lots of german rich heritage.

I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm aware of that. Just can't say I've seen a tall toilet bowl like that before.

That house is in rural Illinois.

https://deabath.com/product/1938-vintage-kohler-sibley-toilet-bowl/
https://deabath.com/product/1908-antique-trenton-potteries-hightank-toilet-bowl/

It was a pretty common design in the early 20th. Specific year and model would be rather difficult to pin down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hell yeah, that's plenty good for me. Thank you!

My friend has a tiny toilet in his house he wants to replace so I'm going to present that as an option. His shitter is basically kid sized because the woman who built the house was <5ft tall.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Taller toilets are a popular option for olds

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. That's why they make padded rear end booster toilet seats.

I have a bad back, I like a tall toilet.

Man, they have some fancy shitters on that website Deteriorata linked.

E: Sluice juice

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 5, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hell yeah, that's plenty good for me. Thank you!

My friend has a tiny toilet in his house he wants to replace so I'm going to present that as an option. His shitter is basically kid sized because the woman who built the house was <5ft tall.
There are a ton of modern taller toilets. Search for "chair height" and get a new American Standard. You don't need to deal with sourcing a 1920s toilet

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

When I had my house built I was very specific on putting in adult toilets with elongated bowls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I dunno, I'd kinda like to have a weird (to modern standards) old toilet. Some of them are pretty cheap. Something to stuff into a half or 3/4th bath and subject guests to manipulating.

I mean, if you're building new and want something to go with an old clawfoot tub, an old style shitter would be nice.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Old looking sure but not a literal toilet from that era with probably no water trap and who knows what other problems. I don't think an old toilet could keep with my modern diet of curry and espresso.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

BONUS: old vintage toilets are more likely to be haunted. Never poop or pee alone ever again! ^.^

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, you're probably right about the trap.

I think the problem with a recreation would be that someone would cheap out and you wind up with molded plastic cladding around the bowl instead.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sirotan posted:

Had to know more about this house so I went searching. Those stairs actually are functional and are worse than I initially thought.

Edit: here's the entire house by Austin Maynard Architects. It's called the "Tattoo House" https://maynardarchitects.com/#/new-gallery-3/
Hand rails are for compliance with the building code wimps.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: Sluice juice

Deuce Sluice.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
That's just the type of stuff you have to put up with to live in New Yo--- oh... Uh, Knoxville I guess.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

therobit posted:

You know how you can tell if someone’s from Texas?

You don't have to, we'll...

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You don't, they'll tell you.

Goddammit.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'd imagine this is in the home of whoever buys that sink.

Only stronger opinions over texans on bbq I've encountered are in Memphis. The only thing they love more than Jesus.

That said, Central is alright, but I don't really care.

E: I wonder if they have a leaf for that table, how it would attach, etc. Like would they just add a part of Oklahoma or New Mexico when they have guests?

Nah, we annex Mexico.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Anne Whateley posted:

There are a ton of modern taller toilets. Search for "chair height" and get a new American Standard. You don't need to deal with sourcing a 1920s toilet

You've got to be careful though, modern standard rough in for a toilet is 12", and it looks like that 1938 Kohler is a 10" rough in, and the 1908 Trenton is 14"

10" and 14" rough in toilets are still available, just not as common as the standard 12".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I can't see their angle here.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Saying if you're gonna toilet, do it right.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

GreenNight posted:

Saying if you're gonna toilet, do it right.

That TP is absolutely begging to get pissed on.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Taller toilets are a popular option for olds

They're also ADA compliant. I had to replace an old Eljer toilet with the crazy overflow tube built into the tank porcelain when my dad got cancer and needed a walker. He loved the taller toilet instead of the 4 inch thick seat adapter he had for his other shorter toilet.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Beef Of Ages posted:

That TP is absolutely begging to get pissed on.

Stop projecting.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A really old American Standard thunder jug from the late 30s-early 40s. We had one in our basement.

The tank is tied to the base with a large 90-degree pipe. You could flush a Buick if you had a mind to.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

kid sinister posted:

They're also ADA compliant. I had to replace an old Eljer toilet with the crazy overflow tube built into the tank porcelain when my dad got cancer and needed a walker. He loved the taller toilet instead of the 4 inch thick seat adapter he had for his other shorter toilet.

Yeah the seat adapter is ok for something temporary like recovering from surgery, but they're annoying to clean and just generally unpleasant as a regular toilet seat. Every assistive device you'll find for use in a bathroom is made of the same ugly plastic and gray rubber feet and looking at hideous poo poo all the time really gets old.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PainterofCrap posted:

A really old American Standard thunder jug from the late 30s-early 40s. We had one in our basement.

The tank is tied to the base with a large 90-degree pipe. You could flush a Buick if you had a mind to.

Fortunately my diet is better now, but I do have the desire to flush a proper Buick. Can't even get one of their CUVs down my apartment shitter.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What do you store in the underfridge niche?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

By popular demand posted:

What do you store in the underfridge niche?

Gnomes.