Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
UAB playing at FAU for Conference leader and at-large cred tonight up 34-31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Number 10 on Maryland is a dirty piece of poo poo. They should kick him out of this game.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Would be cool if we beat Maryland tonight but I'm expecting a letdown after the Purdue game.

It might come against Iowa, but Willard sucks and can't coach.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Of course a late 3 goes down. Purdue's got time, but this poo poo sucks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

YES! Lots of time for OSU though.

Purdue pulls it out, I missed the 1st and a good chunk of the 2nd, but it looks like they had their first good shooting game since the tournament in Portland.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 6, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I really thought UT was going to find a way to keep Beard. Glad I was wrong.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Jarace Walker is a monster, hope he left something in the tank for Cincy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Love it. OSU in Columbus is never easy.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bird in a Blender posted:

WTF has happened to Illinois? They beat UCLA and Texas, but then have some absolutely ugly losses.

its so frustrating to think that maybe the team has turned a corner and can get over that horrible loss to loyola and finally put together some ok seasons and nope, just falling back apart like a speed run of bruce weber or last year's bulls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Illini_Guys/status/1611441733023240206?s=20&t=2sOTzm_ZCAxgT59uC_uNeg

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Terrence Shannon has looked disinterested as well. I wonder what's going on over in Champaign.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I think Underpants needs to yell a bit more, fully red in the face, and throw more of his players under the bus in postgame conferences, really lay in there hard with the fart noises you know?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

Edey isn't going to the NBA after this year right?

I'm terrible at evaluating NBA stuff but he's a lumbering junior without that much basketball experience before coming to Purdue so I have to imagine he's not a big prospect despite his season so far. No idea though, it always baffles me.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

I'm terrible at evaluating NBA stuff but he's a lumbering junior without that much basketball experience before coming to Purdue so I have to imagine he's not a big prospect despite his season so far. No idea though, it always baffles me.

He's not fast enough to guard NBA 5s, and he hasn't shown that he has a shot from more than 8 feet or so out, so probably not, at least not after this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

unfortunately the NBA game has made it very difficult for absolutely enormous guys to be able to hold up defensively unless they're absolutely insane athletes or can shoot 40% from three, fortunately a giant guy who kills people in the post can still make a very good living in virtually every other pro league.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

R.D. Mangles posted:

unfortunately the NBA game has made it very difficult for absolutely enormous guys to be able to hold up defensively unless they're absolutely insane athletes or can shoot 40% from three, fortunately a giant guy who kills people in the post can still make a very good living in virtually every other pro league.

yeah Edey seems nailed on for one of the Euro leagues or similar, he'll get paid

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Is it an over and back violation if the ball and a guy's arm cross the halfcourt line but he never sets foot in the backcourt? Mizzou got called for it and I've never seen it without the guy physically stepping over the line

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if the run of luck will last or if they'll be any good in the end (rebounding gonna be a problem forever, oof), but it is extremely refreshing to watch a Mizzou team that doesn't just dribble and do handoffs at the three point line until there are 10 seconds on the shot clock before even really beginning to attempt to run the offense.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky is so bad offensively

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I have to watch Wisconsin at Illinois, you don't.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Clones at least holding their own against TCU. I was worried theyd get blown out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's a Breslin Center Michigan-Michigan State game!

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1611810398423994368

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1611810409471971328

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao Duke guy rejected by the rim on a fast break dunk

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Division III team postpones two games after 5 players hurt in workout

quote:

RIVER FOREST, Ill. -- A suburban Chicago college postponed two men's basketball games after a rigorous workout sent five players to a hospital.

Concordia University Chicago in River Forest also temporarily removed coach Steve Kollar, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Athletic director Pete Gnan sent a letter to parents Thursday, explaining what happened after a late December trip to California, where the team played two games. He said the team was put through a "particularly high-intensity, collegiate-level circuit training" on Dec. 31.

"It has been alleged by some that the intensity and difficulty of Saturday's practice was a direct consequence" of players breaking curfew while in California, Gnan said.

Also, the UConn women have had to postpone their next games because with injuries and illness, they are down to 6 healthy bodies.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lmao Duke guy rejected by the rim on a fast break dunk

BC should've pulled that one out but at least teams aren't just rolling over for Duke this year, real blood in the water sense developing there

D3 sports is just for funsies, how can anyone take it this seriously

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 7, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Are we out here giving people rhabdo again? For D3? Not that that should matter, but I just can't imagine at that level what type of psycho you have to be to do that.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It's worth losing to little brother and having a guy quit if it means immediately beating Wisconsin, the most detestable of all teams

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Grittybeard posted:

Are we out here giving people rhabdo again? For D3? Not that that should matter, but I just can't imagine at that level what type of psycho you have to be to do that.

Some folks are just not cut out to coach in a safe manner. Take a look at Dave Bliss for another example.

quote:

In May 2010, Bliss became dean of students, athletic director and head men's basketball coach at Allen Academy, a college preparatory school in Bryan, Texas.[10]

Almost immediately Bliss became embroiled in controversy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Bliss

E: This was after the murder coverup scandal at Baylor, mind

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky is so bad offensively

Im very much a who cares, the team will look a lot different in March than they do in November/December/January type of UK fan, but I dont think thats the case for this team.

Roster construction is poor, play is poor, coaching is poor. Just all bad.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Iowa State has not figured out how to inball when pressured. This was a problem last year and they still suck at it. They give up a lot of turnovers when they're heavily defended on the inbound. Went from 9 up to 1 up real fast.

e: Hey maybe stop fouling guys shooting 3s.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 7, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Clemson and Pitt facing off for uncontested first place in the ACC, as everyone predicted

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State has not figured out how to inball when pressured. This was a problem last year and they still suck at it. They give up a lot of turnovers when they're heavily defended on the inbound. Went from 9 up to 1 up real fast.

e: Hey maybe stop fouling guys shooting 3s.

Y'all deserved to win this one despite nearly giving it up there at the end. Frogs played like garbage today.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Holy poo poo Gabe Kalscheur hits a deep 3 with 2 seconds to go to put ISU over the top. 3-0 in conference for the first time since I was in school.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

yeah this is not the Syracuse that plagued UVA for a few years there

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

1st place in the ACC :smug:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Wtf happened to Arizona?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

playing in Laramie SUCKS and we have to do it next weekend

Nice escape by SDSU btw, doesnt it feel good to leave Laramie knowing theyll be healthier in a week or two?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is real good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee is real good

and will crash out on the first weekend once acain

Adbot