Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

We got the scans a week early because they leaked early.

Ah ok, I already read that one then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Eiba posted:

I think it's a real lack of imagination to think the only reason he could be covering for a twin is for the purpose of a "lazy gotcha twist". From the earliest time we've seen Blackbeard he's had a particular ambition and a particular way of pursuing it. He's been after the Darkness fruit since before the earliest moment we've seen him. There's gotta be a reason for that. "It just suits me" would be a much less interesting development than him having some sort of specific plan we don't know about yet, possibly related to something the Rocks Pirates.

It doesn't have to be twins, but "he's just a weird dude" is not at all satisfying or in line with how Oda sets things up. There definitely is more to explore in Blackbeard's background that will give context to those quirks, and that's really exciting. If it's twin shenanigans, I'm sure it won't just be twin shenanigans. There's a ton of room for a compelling, bizarre backstory for Blackbeard. Of all the characters in this manga, I'm sure Oda's got a good story for this guy.

I think it's also got to tie in with the Devil Fruit lore we are starting to get. He's one of the few people to have read the encyclopedia of devil fruits iirc and has been set up as a master opportunist who can also work towards long term goals. Like if you know you have the personality type to really master a certain fruit, the context that makes a particular fruit powerful against other DF users and possibly some weird mutation to put yourself over the line then it's an engineered perfect storm of destruction.

Tldr I think people get way to caught up in the weird body thing and miss the forest for the trees.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Marco is a doctor and presumably is familiar with whatever happens to people who try to eat two DFs, and as a former crewmate of Teach, probably familiar with his body. If there was a specific thing that he was aware of that would make this possible, he'd probably know what it is, but the writing in both the original and the translation make it clear that Marco is just speculating in that moment.

I think it's supposed to be clear that whatever the deal with Teach is, we're not supposed to have any idea, yet.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Zoro finally awakened!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lamebot posted:

Zoro finally awakened!

😂😂

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he has a weird body in that his torso is huge but the rest of him is normal size.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he has a weird body in that his torso is huge but the rest of him is normal size.

That's where he keeps his twins

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does blackbeard's twin poop?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 6, 2023

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:hmmyes:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Bleck posted:

and as a former crewmate of Teach, probably familiar with his body

doujinshi aren't canon

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I really do think vegapunk's ally is Enel. It's time.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Wouldn't make sense for Vegapunk to worry about exposing him to the government

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Delphisage posted:

Why is Kaku suddenly so eager to do Lucci's bidding?

They're dating now

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Electric Phantasm posted:

They're dating now

Cloks posted:

doujinshi aren't canon

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Star Platinum posted:

If his fruit is running Egghead Island, they probably want it like they wanted Luffy’s and Law’s fruits. So it could be dangerous for him. We haven’t seen what powers the island yet and it could be related to the shadowy figure.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jimbot posted:

What ever happened to Sogeking? He just straight-up disappeared from the story! What the heck, Oda?
He's making an appearance in One Piece Odyssey so that's nice!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

Enel's existence is completely unknown to the WG. An admiral-tier logia devil fruit power would definitely be of interest to them if its user suddenly appeared in front of CP-0 agents

And there's a ton of ties to Vegapunk and the robots on the moon, so they could have connected in that time.

The main thing that actually doesn't make sense is that if Vegapunk and Enel are connected, wouldn't his electricity be the answer to VP's energy problems? Or is a logia devil fruit's energy output not as limitless as VP needs?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
If Garp is going over to Blackbeard's base, the story beats are foreshadowing that Blackbeard captured Law and has his powers as well. How else will the story spice up otherwise?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Enel's fruit could potentially run the giant robot like he does with his ship Maxim, but I’d expect Vegapunk to figure out if it just runs on electricity.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If Devil Fruit can eat swords and guns then they can eat people, too.

Teech never killed his crewmate, the Yami Yami no Mi ate both of them. Teech died a long time ago.

The reason why they had to throw a sheet over Whitebeard to steal his power is because they would've revealed their secret.

And the reason why they can have multiple powers is because the rule is no individual can have two powers, but there's no rule that says a dog can't play basketball a sentient/sapient fruit can't obtain a power other than their own inherent power.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

:pray: please goda, deliver us a new chapter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ubiquitus posted:

:pray: please goda, deliver us a new chapter

It's already been delivered and now we wait 2 weeks.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The sheet was to hide Blackbeard splitting open his chest so one of his parasite fetuses could burst out and absorb Whitebeard’s lineage factor using nanomachines.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

What if people can’t have 2 fruits just because people believe they can’t have 2 fruits, but Blackbeard just believed really hard that he can eat a second fruit.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Actually I guess that’s just what haki is

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
New crackpot theory - now that we know that Luffy's fruit is the Sun God's what if Joyboy or Nika are the reason why Ennies Lobby is always daytime/has that big hole?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Blackbeard has a hole in a sheet and he can do anything he wants through it - including celebrating Christmas and eating two devil fruits.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE6OfC9nghc

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the yami yami no mi is actually secretly the inu inu no mi model cerberus

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The main reason I hope Enel is Vegapunk’s buddy, is because I love Enel and want him to come back into the story

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Really, when Enel isn't in the scene, all the characters should be asking: "where's Enel?"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

mabels big day posted:

Really, when Enel isn't in the scene, all the characters should be asking: "where's Enel?"

He's on the moon, mabel

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

enel was the shadow on wano and he also made the lightning bolt for luffy to grab and they'll meet again on the moon

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

oddium posted:

enel was the shadow on wano and he also made the lightning bolt for luffy to grab and they'll meet again on the moon

Seeing all the tears he shed for those samurai, I'm convinced he'll be a great ally.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the mystery man is more likely to be gin in that it is more likely to be pretty much anyone than enel. enel doesn't hide, he's not polite, and he's certainly not helpful.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

mabels big day posted:

Enel died on the way back from the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the mystery man is more likely to be gin in that it is more likely to be pretty much anyone than enel. enel doesn't hide, he's not polite, and he's certainly not helpful.

he learned about nakama in the moon with the robots and the like six space pirates arcs that happened offscreen these two years