Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope when Enel comes back he has that hosed up beard Eminem has now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's fun for him just to grab a dude and his haki got an attitude

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if Laugh Tale is on the moon? That's why Roger was laughing, he had no frickin way to get there. And Enel became the Pirate King without anyone knowing, not even himself.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

There might be something beyond Laugh Tale that's on the moon, but no, Roger made it to the island.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Enel tried to come back but Gin beat his rear end and killed him in cold blood

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Blackbeard got the Bluto fruit.

Bullies the poo poo out of Popeye but falls down his own rear end when Popeye eats some Sanji au-gratin and aims every grievance from the story right back at him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah no, Roger called the island Laugh Tale because he got on it and what was on it made him laugh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Roger found a tv playing this clip on loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P84NiVGJsw

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
We're whalers on the moon, got slapped up here by Laboon. Now there ain't no whales so we tell laugh tales and sing this whaling tune.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Lamebot posted:

We're whalers on the moon, got slapped up here by Laboon. Now there ain't no whales so we tell laugh tales and sing this whaling tune.

:golfclap:

Think Garp about to die.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A coworker went to San Francisco and snagged me this in j town. I don't know what any of it says but it's got pre-timeskip Franky so I'm on board

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Vivre Cards are character information cards that are released as booster packs, designed to be added to a binder. Looks like this one is characters from Long Ring Long Land and Water Seven.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Crazyeyes posted:

Think Garp about to die.

Oh yeah, Garp is turbofucked.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Crazyeyes posted:

Think Garp about to die.

I'm gonna think this, too, until the second he straight up eats Blackbeard and becomes the main villain.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Desumaytah posted:

I'm gonna think this, too, until the second he straight up eats Blackbeard and becomes the main villain.

Just makes sense This is the time in the story to really hammer home the old generation being replaced by the new, and Luffy losing people (kind of) close to him. Further sets up conflict between Luffy and BB, and lays the groundwork for the first major war between Yonko.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
garp's dead meat, but at least he gets to go out on his own terms. he can just go fight evil pirates and not deal with being an enforcer for a brutal dictatorship.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Pureauthor posted:

Have we seen any behaviour or mannerisms that would indicate 3 personalities

not really, but his introduction can maybe(?) be read that way. he goes from insane goofball to grandiose dreamer to calculating villain in the span of like 2 chapters or whatever. this doesn't convince me though because luffy does the exact same thing and there's only one of him.

well maybe there's 2 of him. idk

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

garp's dead meat, but at least he gets to go out on his own terms. he can just go fight evil pirates and not deal with being an enforcer for a brutal dictatorship.
This is probably the main reason I don’t want Garp to die or get stuck on the bench just yet - there surely has to be a reckoning point where he can no longer just sit with his arms crossed and his eyes closed like in Marineford… Though I guess you could argue that that’s what Coby and Smoker (remember Smoker?) are in the story for.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
coby had the courage to stand up for what he believed in at marineford, even when it almost certainly meant his own death. he's miles above garp.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that there is no way Garp gets taken out. He's not gonna beat BB or anything, but Garp isn't going to just get summarily chumped. I trust Oda to write a more interesting story than that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just hoping it leads to a flashback of Garp and Roger against Rocks

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that there is no way Garp gets taken out. He's not gonna beat BB or anything, but Garp isn't going to just get summarily chumped. I trust Oda to write a more interesting story than that.
Garp is not going to get chumped, but that's because Blackbeard doesn't chump anyone. He gets hosed up and flails around before ultimately sinking the dagger into the perfect place and getting his victory.

I don't know if Garp is going to die or not, and regardless he's going to kick a lot of rear end and it will be glorious, but narratively Blackbeard is necessarily going to come out of this with yet another advantage. Being the man who takes down the Hero of the Navy (even if he has to use underhanded means somehow) is definitely the kind of advantage he could accrue at this point.

One interesting point to consider- the person on Blackbeard's crew who probably knows Garp best is Kuzan. This may be an opportunity for the two "good" military men to explain (with their fists) why one continues to serve the corrupt Navy, and why the other's sense of justice brought them all the way down to serve the most vile pirates.

(Blackbeard is hardly the most vile pirate we've seen, but he's no Shanks or Whitebeard, where you could see a compassionate Navy guy just throw in with them 'cause they're basically good.)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Garp's gonna waste the mooks on the island and then get whupped by BB or one of his crew. Coby's gonna see that and awaken a top tier Conqueror's Haki and allow them to limp away to freedom

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blackbeard's one great crime was betraying whitebeard. everything else he's done is pretty normal pirate poo poo. he's definitely a bad person that is directly opposed to luffy, but he's not fundamentally different from say, don krieg. teach is just more capable and successful, is all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

blackbeard's one great crime was betraying whitebeard. everything else he's done is pretty normal pirate poo poo. he's definitely a bad person that is directly opposed to luffy, but he's not fundamentally different from say, don krieg. teach is just more capable and successful, is all.

Don Krieg was also a giant rear end in a top hat no one liked. Except for Gin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isn't Blackbeard still fighting Law.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, he's a pirate, they're kind of criminals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God if we somehow get an extended cover story arc or something of Law stuck with Garp temporarily as they escape the Blackbeard pirates, realizing that Luffy's apple didn't fall all that far from the tree.

Coby literally strapped to Law's head to help carry him around.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 10, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Blackbeard seems like a pretty cool guy to party with.

Eiba posted:

Garp is not going to get chumped, but that's because Blackbeard doesn't chump anyone. He gets hosed up and flails around before ultimately sinking the dagger into the perfect place and getting his victory.

Leaps before he looks, never comes off looking great in the first clash and usually needs his crew to save his rear end just like his light mirror. Looking forward to Blackbeard so much :allears:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Garp isn't going to die. Oda doesn't have it in him to do that to Luffy twice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Garp: Hrm, Luffy was right. THIS CHERRY PIE IS DISGUSTING!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Eiba posted:

One interesting point to consider- the person on Blackbeard's crew who probably knows Garp best is Kuzan. This may be an opportunity for the two "good" military men to explain (with their fists) why one continues to serve the corrupt Navy, and why the other's sense of justice brought them all the way down to serve the most vile pirates.

(Blackbeard is hardly the most vile pirate we've seen, but he's no Shanks or Whitebeard, where you could see a compassionate Navy guy just throw in with them 'cause they're basically good.)

There is no earthly way that Kuzan is not doing some deep-cover nonsense and infiltrating BB's crew for the Navy in some way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's got his own agenda, but it may not be on behalf of the navy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Odyssey demo is up on Xbox and PSN.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Crazyeyes posted:

There is no earthly way that Kuzan is not doing some deep-cover nonsense and infiltrating BB's crew for the Navy in some way.

The real story of Punk Hazard was Sakazuki was so concerned for his nakama's safety he did not want him to go on such a reckless mission and he was willing to fight in order to drag him back to HQ. However, Kuzan's desire to do anything for the sake of the World Government and the Marines won out in battle. So heartbreaking.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
A friend told me their theory about how Blackbeard's fruit has a secret name too, that it's the Ink Ink fruit and it lets Blackbeard rewrite the rules of the world he's in. I'm pretty sure my friend got the idea from a power in Bleach.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lamebot posted:

The real story of Punk Hazard was Sakazuki was so concerned for his nakama's safety he did not want him to go on such a reckless mission and he was willing to fight in order to drag him back to HQ. However, Kuzan's desire to do anything for the sake of the World Government and the Marines won out in battle. So heartbreaking.
Wonder if we'll ever get any more info about that fight beyond apocrypha... Given the location, it kinda feels like there's a decent chance Kuzan was like "making clone kid weapons is a bad idea" and Sakazuki was like "no it's not"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we'll probably find out why kuzan left the marines, yeah. i mean, he's hanging out with the final bosses.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Also since Garp took down Rocks BB can get "revenge" for that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Garp is gonna kick his rear end.