Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about big line players

Fits your username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
He might be a little slow to go as high as some of these places are rating him, but I'm having fun watching Darnell Washington:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qRGVAzXXE

I'm not sure you can expect to get more than a Marcedes Lewis type character out of him, but I think that itself could be really valuable to a team- especially one of these Shanahan/McVay guys that has their primary receiving threats already established and would be OK with a complimentary guy. You need to stop him from lowering his head into contact like that, but his upside as a blocker in a wide zone offense I think is tremendous.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jared Verse staying at FSU

didnt see that coming

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jared Verse staying at FSU

didnt see that coming

As a huge FSU fan cool but the man should go get paid. He had a fantastic season and really has nothing left to prove.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hamhandler posted:

He might be a little slow to go as high as some of these places are rating him, but I'm having fun watching Darnell Washington:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qRGVAzXXE

I'm not sure you can expect to get more than a Marcedes Lewis type character out of him, but I think that itself could be really valuable to a team- especially one of these Shanahan/McVay guys that has their primary receiving threats already established and would be OK with a complimentary guy. You need to stop him from lowering his head into contact like that, but his upside as a blocker in a wide zone offense I think is tremendous.

Slow huh?

He's a Charger

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The Bears are now taking offers for Bryce Young

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

The Bears are now taking offers for Bryce Young

Or

quote:

Chicago Bears (3-13)
Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

The Bears are still in the early stages of their roster reconstruction and lack marquee talent on both sides of the ball. General manager Ryan Poles should take the best prospect available. And since Chicago ranks last in the league in sacks (20) -- and their leader in sacks is safety Jaquan Brisker (four) -- improving along the defensive front should be at the top of this team's priorities list this offseason.

Carter would give the Bears a rock solid 3-technique tackle up the middle. Remember that last offseason, Poles' first big signing was adding tackle Larry Ogunjobi, whose deal was rescinded because of a failed physical. There's still a large hole in the middle of the defense.

Biggest needs: DL, OL, WR

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want Houston to trade up to 1 with the bears, like da bears did for Mitch

always be trading up 1 spot for huge draft costs, it's the new market inefficiency

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I do think the smart thing is for the Bears to trade out of it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If the Bears seriously fall truly in love with one of them, they could likely trade Fields for a fair haul as well.

But not just having someone test out like a franchise QB, trading that #1 overall for a haul and then actually having real NFL players on their offense around Fields seems ideal.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Was Suh the right pick at #2? That's the best case Carter scenario

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
why would the bears trade fields. why on earth would they do that.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sure was

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bears need so much help they could do anything but they should trade back and get as many players as possible because that roster outside of like three guys... yeesh.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

a patagonian cavy posted:

why would the bears trade fields. why on earth would they do that.

To get a shrimp who can't take a hit and needs a top ten draft pick wr to produce, apparently

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Was Suh the right pick at #2? That's the best case Carter scenario

Wouldn't the best case be Aaron Donald

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I kinda think the Bears would want to guarantee themselves Anderson or Carter and they only way that happens is if they’re drop no further than 4.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bears need everything to see if Fields is the guy. Are there going to be enough linemen in FA to keep Fields not dead?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

By the way the draft will be cool to look at. It's held right here

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That spot used to have a TRex in it but I guess the draft is fine too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

also if you're wondering how many people can fill that spot look at the Royals world series parade haha it's a lot

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Bears should absolutely trade back. The Colts, Panthers and Texans are all going to be looking for a QB and all have top 10 picks. They can trade firsts and still be in a position to grab a top tier players.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I kinda think the Bears would want to guarantee themselves Anderson or Carter and they only way that happens is if they’re drop no further than 4.

The only team in the current top 5 that might trade up is Indy. So if the Bears want Anderson or Carter they will have to take them first overall. The Bears should not do that. The Bears should instead trade the first overall for a bajillion picks, imo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone tell me why the Lions wouldn't trade up

and don't tell me it is because they believe in Goff

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If CJ declares dropping to #2 ultimately doesn't matter much.

If he returns...lmfao Texans.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

kiimo posted:

The only way I could see it is if they really don't see anything in Stroud/Young. There's no Andrew Luck surefire prospect this draft, so I could see them taking a punt if they don't like either of them, but you're right, they have more ammo than all the other QB-desperate teams and they should probably use it

then again, if Goff somehow wins them their first playoff game in over thirty years...I have no idea

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The only team in the current top 5 that might trade up is Indy. So if the Bears want Anderson or Carter they will have to take them first overall. The Bears should not do that. The Bears should instead trade the first overall for a bajillion picks, imo.

You’re assuming the Texans are fine with either of the top two QBs as opposed to wanting to ensure they get the one they want. They’ve got capital from the Watson trade to move into the Bears spot.

I’m also not convinced that Carter goes top 5.

kiimo posted:

I think they believe in Goff enough to not want to give up a bunch to move up. Even though they should move up.

Kirios posted:

If CJ declares dropping to #2 ultimately doesn't matter much.

If he returns...lmfao Texans.

I don’t think teams are necessarily going to see Bryce and CJ as interchangeable. They are very different players and teams will have a preference.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes absolutely there are teams and coaches that will not want a 5’9” 180 pound QB.

Stroud and Levis I think are more or less interchangeable. Like if you were ok drafting one, you’d probably like the other.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes absolutely there are teams and coaches that will not want a 5’9” 180 pound QB.

Stroud and Levis I think are more or less interchangeable. Like if you were ok drafting one, you’d probably like the other.

I think Stroud’s playoff performance raised his stock, which was already higher than Levis’s.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be terrified that he'd be Kyler Murray 2.0

On the other hand a 6'3 QB known for accuracy is my jam. If I was Detroit I'd be trading up to #1 for Stroud.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm about positive the Colts will trade up with the Bears to get a QB. I don't think they'll be content to sit back and wait to see if one they want gets to them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm about positive the Colts will trade up with the Bears to get a QB. I don't think they'll be content to sit back and wait to see if one they want gets to them.

Yea. After a few years in a row of trying to find an FA QB I think Irsay is gonna to tell them to do whatever it takes if they like any of the QBs.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah whether it's Ballard or somebody else, Irsay is going to expect whoever is GM of the Colts to come out of this draft with a viable prospect at QB.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah whether it's Ballard or somebody else, Irsay is going to expect whoever is GM of the Colts to come out of this draft with a viable prospect at QB.

I agree, and really, who's more viable than Anthony Richardson?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm going to put this out into the universe now: Colts trade up to #1 and draft Levis

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I believe in Goff a hell of a lot more than any of this year's prospects.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

a neat cape posted:

Slow huh?

He's a Charger

I think Mike Gesicki is a pretty good option for the Chargers if I'm going to break decorum for the thread here

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think Stroud’s playoff performance raised his stock, which was already higher than Levis’s.

Stroud is my #1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

I believe in Goff a hell of a lot more than any of this year's prospects.

That sounds like a personal problem.

I believe in the unknown a hell of a lot more than Goff, who I am certain ain't the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

That sounds like a personal problem.

I believe in the unknown a hell of a lot more than Goff, who I am certain ain't the guy.

I mean even if they do go QB they're certainly not starting a rookie next season. He's playing the best of his career right now. Meanwhile the defense still has huge problems.