Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Bisse posted:

holy gently caress

Is this basically Rohan going to the Louvre and critiquing art and being an infinite fuckwad as usual? Cause if so take my money

If I recall, it basically follows the format of a Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe story where he confronts the Evil Opposite VantaBlack Mona Lisa, and also his ghost-ancestor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wonder if Nu-Polnareff is still a turtle

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bisse posted:

holy gently caress

Is this basically Rohan going to the Louvre and critiquing art and being an infinite fuckwad as usual? Cause if so take my money

It was a story made for a Louvre exhibit so sadly there's nothing really cool like Rohan going around calling the venus de milo mid

e: Rohan as a character is pretty underused in his own side-stories, there's not nearly enough of him acting absolutely insufferable and then getting in some ridiculous life-threatening danger because of it.

except the treadmill race, which is just exactly that

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 5, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

It was a story made for a Louvre exhibit so sadly there's nothing really cool like Rohan going around calling the venus de milo mid

Cowards! Let him cook!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"The Mona Lisa? Such a phillisitine work! Can you believe people get boners from it?"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rohan rolling his eyes and making the j/o motion as the tour guide describes the Oath of the Horatii

and then some kind of art ghost tries to kill him

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Yinlock posted:

e: Rohan as a character is pretty underused in his own side-stories, there's not nearly enough of him acting absolutely insufferable and then getting in some ridiculous life-threatening danger because of it.

except the treadmill race, which is just exactly that

Rohan being a mild jackass at the gym and inexplicably causing a chain of events that lead to him pissing off the reincarnation of a Greek god is peak Rohan.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Rohan rolling his eyes and making the j/o motion as the tour guide describes the Oath of the Horatii

and then some kind of art ghost tries to kill him
At the end of it all Rohan learned: nothing and makes no character growth but is able to reaffirm that he is, in fact, the best

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

"The Mona Lisa? Such a phillisitine work! Can you believe people get boners from it?"

This seems kinda out of character for him, tbh. Rohan doesn't respect the sanctity of personal privacy, or social conventions, or the notion of fair play, or his fans, or his nominal friends if we're being honest, but by God does he at least respect Art.

Like the scene where he's actually entering the Louvre and sees some casual tourists and yells at them to at least put on a tie or something when going to view the works of the Great Masters and not dress like they're going skateboarding. He still gives them autographs because he's a goddamn professional, but still.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

If we’re getting Nu-Giorno in part 9 then I wonder if Nu-Abbacchio, Nu-Trish and Nu-Fugo will get to have more than one actual fight.

Abbacchio got two fights.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

This seems kinda out of character for him, tbh. Rohan doesn't respect the sanctity of personal privacy, or social conventions, or the notion of fair play, or his fans, or his nominal friends if we're being honest, but by God does he at least respect Art.

Like the scene where he's actually entering the Louvre and sees some casual tourists and yells at them to at least put on a tie or something when going to view the works of the Great Masters and not dress like they're going skateboarding. He still gives them autographs because he's a goddamn professional, but still.

He respects his art anyway, despite being an artist he never really goes into his artistic taste much(other than an absolute certainty that his art is the best ever). Besides his literal artistic taste where he slurps spiders I mean.

I wish we knew anything at all about Pink Dark Boy, Rohan's always trying to collect inspiration and experiences but we never really see how that translates to his art. The couple framed pictures in his house makes it seem fuckin weird though.

Bisse posted:

At the end of it all Rohan learned: nothing and makes no character growth but is able to reaffirm that he is, in fact, the best

Now he just has to get his foot re-attached by Josuke, and then get mad at Josuke for re-attaching his foot. Another successful Rohan adventure.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New chapter of CDDH: https://mangadex.org/chapter/55134cb6-8e3b-4ca5-a79d-840bd72f260f

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Is the live-action Rohan going to be a full 90 minute movie because Rohan at the Louvre, while cool, barely has enough content for a 30-minute episode of something much less an actual factual movie

Also who's the dude actually playing Rohan and does he have any experience playing crazy assholes?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Its the same guy as the already released episodes from a couple years back. He's very good.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Ah gently caress that's right I forgot they'd already done live action Rohan. Is the show any good?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The movie was actually supposed to be an episode of the drama, but they had enough ideas to make it a movie.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It certainly lives up to the Jojo tradition of the protagonists getting ultra hosed before somehow scraping their way out.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The TV series is kinda neat, and they've been doing 3 episodes in the run up to new year every year for the last 3 new years. It adapts some/most of the stories but it's set in its own weird standless canon where they literally remade Cheap Trick into a standalone story.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Supposed leak of new Jojo. Are they a man or a woman? Who cares!

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1613150086804000768?t=JRWqOarhuuMS5-JrnaqMSw&s=19

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

"少年", definitely a boy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Shizuka, noooo :negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's THE JOJO from THE JOJO LANDS

And he might even be 89 years old.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Foo Fighters tried cutting her own hair that day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1613224547813318656?s=20

“This story is about a boy who, in the subtropical islands, comes into a great wealth..."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

“This story is about a boy who, in the subtropical islands, comes into a great wealth..."

The Milagro Man origin story...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's gotta be Rock Humans and Loca's, surely.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looks like I was right about it being an island-hopping adventure.

Subtropical islands, huh? Wonder if that means the new Jojo is from Okinawa.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's gotta be Rock Humans and Loca's, surely.

I hope we get a rock human jobro if that's the case

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aw man, I can't believe the OP for the JOJOLands anime already leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSeZ38yieI

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/DailyJJBAWomen/status/1613186442435661828

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waffleman_ posted:

it is the guy from the bunny picture!! eat poo poo, everyone who told me it's unrelated year of the rabbit stuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How much you wanna bet the JojoLANDS Jojo is gonna be the final DLC character for All Star Battle R? Bring it full circle

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sabaku no wa ore wa cake-o da

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

How many cakes have you eaten in your life?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

So is Part 3 gonna be DIO running around with Marie Antoinette's body from the neck down?

...y'know he could make the look work

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Well he already has the kind of sensuality you wouldn't expect from a man according to Avdol so yes, he could.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Place your bets, I'm gonna shoot the moon and pick Emporio

https://twitter.com/Catsenjoyer22/status/1604596762055933958

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JOJOLands is gonna pull a Jojolion/Glass Onion and take place at the start of the pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of, I'm now halfway through JJL and I'm getting close to where I left off originally.