Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So I just went and tried some V2 for the first time since Darktide released. Crashed halfway through 2 games, which was very rare for me before. Have they hosed up Vermintide as well now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
tencent made vermintide 2 stability gated behind mtx!!!

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

truther posted:

The newest staff member will now handle all things community but she's so new that she needs at least another week to understand things and you had better not complain about that because she's new and how dare you go after her.

No you shouldn't 'go after' a cm for the same reason you shouldn't scream abuse at a call centre agent. It's lovely behavior to take your anger out on someone who isn't causing your problems and can't fix them.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Random Integer posted:

No you shouldn't 'go after' a cm for the same reason you shouldn't scream abuse at a call centre agent. It's lovely behavior to take your anger out on someone who isn't causing your problems and can't fix them.

If you abuse the CM enough it will break through and do trample damage to the actual developers.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this is the second stage of the labor rights saga

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Random Integer posted:

They were implying that management purposefully moved a newbie to the role so that criticism of the game would look unreasonable

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Enjoy posted:

They were implying that management purposefully moved a newbie to the role so that criticism of the game would look unreasonable

And as part of that they were implying its legitimate to go after anyone in that position. To be clear, at least where I come from, "going after" someone isn't complaints or criticism, it's being directly and personally hostile and abusive.

Edit: If I say "I'm gonna go after that gently caress" that doesn't mean I'd like to register my complaints about their recent performance

Random Integer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 14, 2023

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

lol at thinking fatshark are doing some mastermind conspiracy pr bullshit when really they're just slow and incompetent at game dev and communication.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Enjoy posted:

It's this. Plus you get to have your company response to real, justified complaints be "wow haha I don't know I'm new, but I will talk to the devs!" And that's the end of that. It is the equivalent of never being able to get past the call center employee to people who actually make damaging decisions

I dont think anyone here really thinks it's okay to "go after" people in the sense of attacks, that's a pretty uncharitable interpretation

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 14, 2023

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Random Integer posted:

And as part of that they were implying its legitimate to go after anyone in that position. To be clear, at least where I come from, "going after" someone isn't complaints or criticism, it's being directly and personally hostile and abusive.

Edit: If I say "I'm gonna go after that gently caress" that doesn't mean I'd like to register my complaints about their recent performance

Right. Truther was taking the role of the Fatshark management in their post and implying that criticism of the game could be deliberately interpreted as unreasonable attacks on a newbie community manager as part of a PR strategy.

Tagichatn posted:

lol at thinking fatshark are doing some mastermind conspiracy pr bullshit when really they're just slow and incompetent at game dev and communication.

Yeah that's the best counter-argument.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

It's this. Plus you get to have your company response to real, justified complaints be "wow haha I don't know I'm new, but I will talk to the devs!" And that's the end of that. It is the equivalent of never being able to get past the call center employee to people who actually make damaging decisions

I dont think anyone here really thinks it's okay to "go after" people in the sense of attacks, that's a pretty uncharitable interpretation

Considering that post could be lifted from Reddit, it's really not.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's either intentional deflection, or incompetence, both are funny imo

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
This is pretty decent right? Not 380 stats but still good distribution. Would like better quell but given I only hit lvl 30 a couple hours ago I don't think I need to rush to upgrade this until I chance on a good candidate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
that is a better staff than I got

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

toasterwarrior posted:

tencent made vermintide 2 stability gated behind mtx!!!

ahh feels just like reddit :q:

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

BizarroAzrael posted:

This is pretty decent right?

It is very good. Keep in mind that Surge already does quad damage against Flak and Carapace enemies, so you have an excellent tool against Scabs and most Elites. Someday you’ll want to put the “Cannot be interrupted” blessing on it.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Looking for feedback on these two Zealot items:

Note sure what I should be changing if anything.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

You should get those axe stats on the mk5 antax

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
One of my friends is a community manager, used to be for Elite Dangerous, now he is at Microsoft. Once he showed me some of the messages he gets and it's just 90% hostility or just plain death threats.
Not a role I'd take on personally.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
At a weird place with this game. I leveled a veteran to 30 first and decided to try zealot but I can’t get into the class. With my vet I have a lasgun that is constantly increasing my %crit chance and a power sword that cleaves everything infront of me and tears through armor so I can just sit in hordes with specials and stay at full toughness

My zealot isn’t 30 so maybe once I get the other talents or stronger weapons it’ll be better but I can’t say I enjoy the slog

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Get revolver and a close combat weapon you enjoy and get stuck in. Zealot gets more fun once you get the extra ult usage feat at 30 the heal on passive proc.

The clutch potential with revolver zealot is really high. Be the last one standing.

imo in terms of "fun" i rank bolter vet first, revolver zealot second, then autogun vet, then stubber ogryn, then everything else vet, everything else zealot, everything else ogryn, psyker

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mexi posted:

At a weird place with this game. I leveled a veteran to 30 first and decided to try zealot but I can’t get into the class. With my vet I have a lasgun that is constantly increasing my %crit chance and a power sword that cleaves everything infront of me and tears through armor so I can just sit in hordes with specials and stay at full toughness

My zealot isn’t 30 so maybe once I get the other talents or stronger weapons it’ll be better but I can’t say I enjoy the slog

Ditch that shouty and get yourself a Big Boy in leopard print.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

stubber ogryn is great but i've been having a blast with rumbler ogryn. PONK (short pause) BOOM

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Jerkface posted:

Get revolver and a close combat weapon you enjoy and get stuck in. Zealot gets more fun once you get the extra ult usage feat at 30 the heal on passive proc.

The clutch potential with revolver zealot is really high. Be the last one standing.

imo in terms of "fun" i rank bolter vet first, revolver zealot second, then autogun vet, then stubber ogryn, then everything else vet, everything else zealot, everything else ogryn, psyker

I will admit I do enjoy one-shot bonking maniacs in the face with the thunder hammer so I’ll stick it out until 30

and who the gently caress is screaming “PLAY OGRYN” at my house. show yourself, coward. I will never play ogryn.

(maybe in a year, I only get to play a few hours a week)

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Apologies for not being clearer: don't abuse CMs... or anyone.
I was just trying to point out how lovely it is to put a newbie at the front of this.

This is meant to be a GAAS game right? I wonder what they have planned. There would be a bunch of content in the waiting room I'd imagine.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The fact that we didnt get a community update this last week makes me sad because it means we likely wont get an actual game update for 2 weeks.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

stubber ogryn is great but i've been having a blast with rumbler ogryn. PONK (short pause) BOOM

Beaning enemies in the face with grenades, whether thrown or fired, is so good in this game.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

mexi posted:

You should use your ult as a toughness filler 80% of the time with the talent that gives you 2 charges. The other two are garbage.

Find a good flamethrower. poo poo, find a bad flamethrower. It sucks not being able to deal with range or poxbursters but the 3 other vets on your team should handle that. Being able to insta clear hordes and never worry about them again at heresy and damnation is the best.

Practice dodging. When a ranged dudes gun lights up dodge. Figure out how to use dodge to close the gap on enemies instead of using your ult. When there's a group of ogryns, gunners, maulers, and you dodge from out around the corner and light their poo poo up with the flamer. The entire top left of the screen will be your name exulting the glory of Big E

Try to get an atrox axe with brutal momentum and the crit on hit blessing. The movement speed the axe and dagger give you alone makes playing feel so much more fluid, the crit build is just a giant pile of icing on the cake. I like the axe a lot better than the dagger but ymmv

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Alternately, if you're like me, you don't want to play Zealot at all unless you have a chain weapon of some sort.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

kazr posted:

You should use your ult as a toughness filler 80% of the time with the talent that gives you 2 charges. The other two are garbage.

Find a good flamethrower. poo poo, find a bad flamethrower. It sucks not being able to deal with range or poxbursters but the 3 other vets on your team should handle that. Being able to insta clear hordes and never worry about them again at heresy and damnation is the best.

Practice dodging. When a ranged dudes gun lights up dodge. Figure out how to use dodge to close the gap on enemies instead of using your ult. When there's a group of ogryns, gunners, maulers, and you dodge from out around the corner and light their poo poo up with the flamer. The entire top left of the screen will be your name exulting the glory of Big E

Try to get an atrox axe with brutal momentum and the crit on hit blessing. The movement speed the axe and dagger give you alone makes playing feel so much more fluid, the crit build is just a giant pile of icing on the cake. I like the axe a lot better than the dagger but ymmv

Ult: You should use it for damage as well on the regular. It's a good emergency not-die button, sure, but ignoring armor + autocrit + 25% addl damage is incredibly spicy with a big weapon (love my hammer so much).

Poxbursters: When they jump at you, push. There's a huge window for it.

Dodging advice is good.

Get you a hammer and practice with it. Your melee weapon's job is deleting big guys and crowd control, but not necessarily killing crowds. That's what the flamer is for. A powered heavy melee swing on a charge can eat half a monstrosity's health bar in one swing if you hit a weak spot, and you get two of them.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zealots also take no damage while sliding so slide your way to the gunners and slice them up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

kazr posted:

If you're using a crit build with a high speed weapon the level 30 feat that regens ult on crit is actually really good. I can more or less just spam ult when poo poo is dense. Not really needed for hordes, but when it's hordes mixed with a bunch of poo poo it's nice to have all that toughness and a button to help you move through it all.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I found it. The worst legendary

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

what an atroxity!!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Are the other axes worth using for a Zealot besides the Antax with brutal momentum? I can't imagine using the tac-axes, since I think they swing even faster and I'd just be running my click-finger ragged. Like what separates the Atroxes, Rashads, etc?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

If you’ve got a fancy mouse/keyboard you may be able to set a macro to spam left click while in Darktide. I’ve got my Logitech mouse set up like that so I can just hold a mouse button down to spam light attacks with my knife or axe.

I think you can set up an AutoHotKey script to do the same thing, but I’ve never bothered to look into that because I do have the fancy mouse.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Are the other axes worth using for a Zealot besides the Antax with brutal momentum? I can't imagine using the tac-axes, since I think they swing even faster and I'd just be running my click-finger ragged. Like what separates the Atroxes, Rashads, etc?

I have a tac axe with brutal momentum and I think it's pretty good. The faster attacks help keep crits going for zealot as well which is nice, and it's pretty solid against hordes. Not as absurdly powerful as an Antax Mk. V but it's an alright weapon. You're right that it murders your clicking finger after a few hours though.

The other combat axes are garbo though. I have a Rashad and an Achlys with great stats and brutal momentum and they're still not worth using at all. They're incapable of cleaving anywhere near as well as the Antax.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Khizan posted:

If you’ve got a fancy mouse/keyboard you may be able to set a macro to spam left click while in Darktide. I’ve got my Logitech mouse set up like that so I can just hold a mouse button down to spam light attacks with my knife or axe.

I think you can set up an AutoHotKey script to do the same thing, but I’ve never bothered to look into that because I do have the fancy mouse.

Just be careful with AHK as it may trigger their lovely anti-cheat. Better to use software that comes with the peripherals.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Accatrans are non-optimal and their lack of raw damage makes them clearly less overall powerful than similar-stat braced autos.

BUT

The million-RPM buzzsaw with no recoil just laying hundreds of headshots is still on- par in funscale with zealots braced auto craziness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

If you're using a crit build with a high speed weapon the level 30 feat that regens ult on crit is actually really good. I can more or less just spam ult when poo poo is dense. Not really needed for hordes, but when it's hordes mixed with a bunch of poo poo it's nice to have all that toughness and a button to help you move through it all.

I tested it in the meat grinder and was only able to shave off a few seconds under optimal conditions. Having 2 to fire off simultaneously, or one in the tank while the other regens is better imo