Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Makima is at her most sympathetic whenever she's a lame nerd, she should have done that more often.

Nayuta is gonna turn out to be the biggest nerd imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Makima should have transferred her coughs onto another Japanese citizen to maintain her cool image

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I enjoyed the post earlier where someone said Makima was the equivalent of three cats in a trench coat with a "Fall for my disguise" laser gun who thinks their disguise is foolproof.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
If you've never smoked or even just haven't for a long time you're gonna cough.

Personally I think the symbolism is all in the decision to try it and it not going how she thought it would. Could be about the impulsiveness or the fight itself, but there's a lot of ways it can be read I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Smoking kills!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Terper posted:

Smoking kills!

Gotta keep killing yourself constantly so that you don’t embarrass yourself during your victory puff

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

trying to remember if kishibe smokes or not so i can make an extremely funny joke about how everyone who smokes in chainsaw man dies

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

cuntman.net posted:

trying to remember if kishibe smokes or not so i can make an extremely funny joke about how everyone who smokes in chainsaw man dies

As far as I remember he just drinks

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Speaking of Kishibe; I've had a weird theory for a while that has absolutely no bearing on anything, but I can't help but wonder if he's contracted to the future devil. When the future devil is first introduced they mention another devil hunter once gave both of his eyes up for its power, and it's around the same time Kishibe starts training Denji and Power, combined with the fact that he's always drawn with like, dull glassy eyes that I've always kind of taken as an anime signifier of blindness to some degree and the way he's able to avoid Power's attacks coming from behind a door; it's just an arbitrary connection I drew.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
one of quanxi's fiends who had the power to identify contracts said he just had contracts with the needle, claw, and knife devils.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of Kishibe; I've had a weird theory for a while that has absolutely no bearing on anything, but I can't help but wonder if he's contracted to the future devil. When the future devil is first introduced they mention another devil hunter once gave both of his eyes up for its power, and it's around the same time Kishibe starts training Denji and Power, combined with the fact that he's always drawn with like, dull glassy eyes that I've always kind of taken as an anime signifier of blindness to some degree and the way he's able to avoid Power's attacks coming from behind a door; it's just an arbitrary connection I drew.

It's because he's always drunk,not blind.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SirKibbles posted:

It's because he's always drunk,not blind.

Yes it's this. He's a high functioning alcoholic with years of experience fighting devils. He anticipated Power's attack because he's probably had a dozen devils ambush him that way.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sorry if this is old hat but I just binged the manga recently so I’ve missed out on the last few months of this thread

Noticed a neat parallel between Doll Devil, Makima and Quanxi all having a bunch of people in their thrall, one by touch, one by voice and one by pussy whipping

Edit: oh and Doll Devil is able to distribute damage to others like Makima, including consequences for contracts

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 16, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

just to quickly add for the kishibe bit, he definitely puts on a blindfold at one point, and a chapter even ends with him not taking it off because he doesn't want to see anything (iirc it's the mob massacre bit maybe?)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Artelier posted:

just to quickly add for the kishibe bit, he definitely puts on a blindfold at one point, and a chapter even ends with him not taking it off because he doesn't want to see anything (iirc it's the mob massacre bit maybe?)

It was cause he didn’t want to see Quanxi die

Guy was still sentimental for her

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Steve Yun posted:

It was cause he didn’t want to see Quanxi die

Guy was still sentimental for her

Yeah, one of the last things Kishibe wants to see is Makima getting Quanxi head

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

What others said but also one of Quanxi’s fiends uses her analysis power on him and lists his contracts as Knife, Needle, and Claw.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know people are reading this as Yoshida and Fami side-eyeing each other which is how I initially read it due to framing. In the second frame where we see Yoshida properly he doesn’t seem to be looking up at all, he looks like he’s surveying the aftermath of the fight. I ended up reading it as Fami realising he’s quite dangerous or is an agent of a force that endangers her plans. Though in the first panel it does look more like he’s looking up. Interesting to be sure

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Pretty cool little detail: Darkness grows hands whenever it wants, and in this moment, to grab Stone Devil teleporting in behind it, grew a right hand on its left arm, a no look spawn camp weapon hack

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think Stone is teleporting in, I think Darkness is doing something much scarier. Based on how that power was used in the department store the user can only blow his petrifying stone smoke from inside the circle. I'm pretty sure Darkness just yanks Stone out via the contract user and kills them both like that, which is for me the creepiest exercise of its power. It really made me :stare: and think "hey wait is that allowed?" when I read it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think Stone is teleporting in, I think Darkness is doing something much scarier. Based on how that power was used in the department store the user can only blow his petrifying stone smoke from inside the circle. I'm pretty sure Darkness just yanks Stone out via the contract user and kills them both like that, which is for me the creepiest exercise of its power. It really made me :stare: and think "hey wait is that allowed?" when I read it

I love it

Attacks unbound by physical laws, attacks that are based on edict

It was neat when the gun Devil activated its ability and instead of aiming and shooting bullets and relying on the laws of physics to carry the bullets to their targets, it’s simply “1500 people automatically get hit with bullets because I say so”

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Here's a question that I don't remember if they answered: Were the Earth-borne devils that were killed in Hell reborn in Hell or on Earth?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

Here's a question that I don't remember if they answered: Were the Earth-borne devils that were killed in Hell reborn in Hell or on Earth?

Devils on Earth who get killed wake up in Hell and vice versa

I forgot who it was, I laughed because a Devil got killed and showed up again days later, meaning everyone in hell hated them too

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

I forgot who it was, I laughed because a Devil got killed and showed up again days later, meaning everyone in hell hated them too

It was Makima. Nayuta showed up very quickly... which makes how long we've been waiting to see her in part 2 even funnier.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, Makima got reincarnated back to Earth as Nayuta almost instantly, which makes sense, considering she made enemies out of shitton of Devils, Darkness Devil chiefly amongst them.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Steve Yun posted:

I was curious if there was a technicality issue since they weren't on Earth when they died. Like, does it matter more that Beam initially woke up on Earth, or that he was finally killed in Hell? :v:

There could be a fun technically correct spin with an Earth-borne devil being killed in Hell and being reborn on the spot.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
When do manga chapters drop

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

When do manga chapters drop

3 hours and five minutes from your current time. For me that’s 3pm gmt

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

3 hours and five minutes from your current time. For me that’s 3pm gmt

I’m so nervous

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015506

New chap

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
God bless these loving incredible morons

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

:sickos:

It's Nayuta time, babeeeeeee

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
Well poo poo, our boy got lucky! Guess that means wars power only works on human, not hybrids.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
funniest possible outcome

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
lmao. especially at the 3 denji's smiling panel that looks like the tom cruise laughing meme

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:bisonyes:

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Curious what the rules are about. I'm guessing it's Nayuta-related

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's probably more likely that Neither Asa nor Denji thinks that Asa 'owns' him yet.

We have mostly just seen Asa falling for Denji

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

sube posted:

Curious what the rules are about. I'm guessing it's Nayuta-related

The rules are that she’s extremely tsundere to her father/brother Denji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010