Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

game spoiler the part where rosinante comes back and does the foot save thing for law hosed me up fr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Are all of the strawhats fun to use and have unique and worthwhile skills/moves?

Or is it like, just kill everything with luffy/zoro/sanji mindlessly

The way it plays so far (early on), I think the primary goal of system design was to ensure balanced character use. More often than not, even trash battles will go much faster with a few character swaps than if you’d just loaded atk onto your favorites and spammed strong attacks.

This game would benefit a bit from an in-combat enemy analyze, though - if I hadn’t lucked into finding out I could keep a certain mid-boss completely locked down with Robin and Chopper due to what I’m guessing was a status effect weakness, I’m not sure how I would have known.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, characters are split into three subgroups: Power (Luffy, Sanji, Chopper for some reason), Speed (Usopp, Nami, loving Franky for some reason), and Technique (Zoro, Robin, Brook). Power is the fist icon, Speed is the gun icon, Technique is the Sword Icon. Most characters only seem to deal physical damage of their type (though some of Usopp or Sanji's skills can deal fire damage and I assume Brook can do ice, etc.), so if an enemy is a Technique type, which is strong against Power type, you might want to switch out Sanji for Robin, for example.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Those categorizations are driving me crazy. Why is brook not speed. Why is sanji power and zoro speed and not the other way around. Im going insane. Pirate Warriors 4 got this correct already

Now i just want to play PW4 again

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

The character type thing has me hosed up. Because the Monster Trio should all be Power. Except Zoro is Technique. Okay... so then why isn't Sanji Speed?

I also think Chopper should be Technique and Franky should be Power. Maybe it's a game balance thing.

On a side note, Franky's VA is sick, right? Is that why he spends the start of the game fixing the Sunny rather than in your team? I wonder if that's also why Franky's not getting much to do on Egghead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the emphasis is actually meant to be more like melee, sword (plus Robin, whose melee attack is swinging a chain of arms like a sword so that kind of tracks), and ranged (Franky can shoot bullets, right?), though most characters have some kind of ranged attack to hit enemies in other zones.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah the names are meaningless, the actual relevant info is in the icon (fist, gun, sword). Still weird but more because Robin gets counted as a slashing type

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Runa posted:

Robin gets counted as a slashing type

every "rose"...... has a thorn........

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

oddium posted:

every "rose"...... has a thorn........

Thorns pierce tho. Therefore she should be gun.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tolth posted:

It seems ludicrous not to have a spoiler/non-spoiler split of threads at this point, honestly. We have this same discussion on a monthly basis.

To be fair, Fluffdaddy is modding ADTRW now, so you could always ask him if you guys can create a spoiler leaks discussion thread.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Thorns pierce tho. Therefore she should be gun.

No that's Baby 5's ability

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Julias posted:

To be fair, Fluffdaddy is modding ADTRW now, so you could always ask him if you guys can create a spoiler leaks discussion thread.

Why split a thread with 10 posters?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Now i just want to play PW4 again
PW4 and PW3 are comfortably the best OP games of all time

and maybe Going Baseball

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Heres the chap with a bad translation for those of you desperate

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

i'm strong

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
nvm lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Not even 2 minutes. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
One Piece.... good.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh wow.

Just in case other people are on the fence about reading it: the translation is pretty bad, but with context everything was clear enough to understand. There's some messy panels that are hard to make sense of, but again it's clear enough to understand in context.

As for the chapter- It's good!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HXgslHH.mp4

This arc shaping up to be a lot of fun

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

After that long break, I too have no resistance to the allure of bad scans.

Good chapter!! The Kuma thing is exactly what I expected, but him just punching out his own memories and giving them to Vegapunk is not something I guessed. Pretty cool though, I wonder if his body running back there is an automatic timed thing... like he planned to do that after a certain number of years as a robot man.

Also Stussy! What!!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Begemot posted:

Also Stussy! What!!
I was totally ready (and hyped) for Stussy's betrayal. I was also ready for a MADS connection, though the clone thing is a surprise.

I was still blown away by the Rocks Pirates connection. Whaaat?

I thought Stussy was intriguing since back on Whole Cake and I just keep getting more intrigued! She's just a series of crazy reveals- a lord of the underworld who's secretly working for the government, but even more secretly a MADS clone of a member of the Rocks pirates!

The inevitable Rocks flashback is going to be crazy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hell yeah more kaku bits

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

buckingham... "bakkin"......

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Good ch!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Succubus Zoan fruit??

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

lmfao

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this time of year is always hard

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Maybe next time we can try never posting the non-TCB scans so we have no choice but to discuss it elsewhere. But now that genie's out of the lamp...

I'm pretty sure it's a bat Zoan. But Stussy's a succubus anyway because of course she is.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 19, 2023

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
please god do not let luffy be a clone

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We know his dad

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We know his dad

Yeah, it's Crocodile.

And Dragon is his mom.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
in my defense. fantastic chapter, fantastic arc so far. i love the pace of this arc so far, i started to feel fatigued from onigashima needing to constantly check in on a fleet of characters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lowercase16 posted:

On a side note, Franky's VA is sick, right? Is that why he spends the start of the game fixing the Sunny rather than in your team? I wonder if that's also why Franky's not getting much to do on Egghead.

I didn't know the VA was sick, which is sad to hear. However in regards to the game, while Franky is off doing all that at the start Bon Clay shows up in the first Memoria section, and pre-timeskip Franky is in the second Memoria Section so I actually figured it was more to avoid drawing attention/confusing over similar voices?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
man I don't remember who stussy is at all I need to reread the series or something.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She was in the previous chapter

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:hellyeah: :swoon: STUSSY :swoon: :hellyeah:

Does the world gov't know she's a clone? And was the clone the member of Rocks, or the original? Can't be sure with this translation.

Love the awakened haki powered giraffe nose attack

Are we about to get a Kuma flashback?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

ManSedan posted:

man I don't remember who stussy is at all I need to reread the series or something.

She was introduced during the Tea Party on Whole Cake Island and she did finger pistols that made the treasure chest explode and topple the cake. Man that arc was nuts

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

:hellyeah: :swoon: STUSSY :swoon: :hellyeah:

Does the world gov't know she's a clone? And was the clone the member of Rocks, or the original? Can't be sure with this translation.

Love the awakened haki powered giraffe nose attack

Are we about to get a Kuma flashback?

the first part of her name (bucking) is bakkin. so she's likely a clone of whitebeard jr.s "mom"

bakkin being part of MADS and the character on the cover story makes her having a weird copy of whitebeard make a world of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Appreciating with these MADS cover just how happy everyone is. They're all mad scientists and just having a grand ole time.

Chapter adds some fun context to Stussy killing Du Feld, or at least making his day very bad back in Whole Cake, given he funded MADS in the first place.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 19, 2023