Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I am a serious dog thinking about serious things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Crossed paws are best paws

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://youtu.be/2j3obY76-Kk

As long as Gunther got all of his luxury meals and awesome adventures, I’m going to look at this as the story of a Very Good Boy and ignore all the piddly human drama.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://youtu.be/2j3obY76-Kk

As long as Gunther got all of his luxury meals and awesome adventures, I’m going to look at this as the story of a Very Good Boy and ignore all the piddly human drama.

So do they get to gently caress the dog or what?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Buddy…

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot to post napoleons birthday celebration pics. We got him some birthday treats and then the day of he went to daycare and had a blast and got spoiled there 🥰

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Happy birthday, Napoleon!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Happy birthday, Napoleon!

:yeah:

-Just a random post I saw on Reddit

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

HootTheOwl posted:

I was at a (regular) party and there was a cool dog and everyone was cracking jokes about liking each other's pets a lot; then some goon jokes, "a key party, for dogs!"

Then someone else started calling it dogging as a pun on swinging and I had to explain what that was after recovering from laughing.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 14, 2023

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I usually end a rope session with a “rub and tug,” where he gets lots of belly rubs while on his back and still pulling on the rope slightly.

:siren: intruder alert! :siren:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Pickin’ locks, pettin’ Lando.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
the kids made a blanket fort out of the dining room table, Pongo is a fan of all the pillows

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pickin’ locks, pettin’ Lando.

Lockpicking is such a weird enjoyable hobby.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket got a bad haircut and part of it was trimming his eyebrows in such a way that he always looks sad.
And because they didn't trim his beard enough he looks like he's frowning. Not happy with the new groomer because I paid like double the normal fee for a haircut half as good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Still cute as hell, but the eyebrows do make it look like he just watched someone rip the head off his favorite chew toy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:(
in dog form

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Just cherishing those morning snuggles with my furry heated blankets. :3:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
This little dude doesn't like his sweater, but also hates the cold, so.... yeah.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Y’all need to post more of your dogs. Lots of off leash fun in the snow today.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m recuperating from a knee thing so Dogtor Lando has been lending his excellent bedside manner to help my healing process.

First, he’s trying “nuzzle treatment” where he gently rubs his head on my knee.

He’s very thorough and insists on doing a full patient assessment. Here he is demonstrating the proper way to stick out your tongue and say “AHHHH.”

But of course all medical treatment isn’t free, and he doesn’t accept insurance. However he was happy to receive chest rubs as partial payment and…

He also got his own cheeseburger and fries to enjoy while we had our own.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

devmd01 posted:

Y’all need to post more of your dogs. Lots of off leash fun in the snow today.
gus loves snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p262rw5SUYY&hd=1

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Zippothy! :kimchi:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

He also got his own cheeseburger and fries to enjoy while we had our own.

I have the same look when the wait staff brings me my burger too

Nice snowy hike today. Bonnie was so sad when we started to head back to the parking lot, Gigi was pretty psyched to be back inside though.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Aubrie turned 2 today. We got her a cake

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh my God that cake

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh my God that cake

I actually tried a little and it's not half bad for a cake with no sugar. Banana and peanut butter flavour, her favourite.
The detailing is really cute, all the bones have her name on them.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Impawfectpetbakery

They are UK based though

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 25, 2023

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

When Benji met Max

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The wife and I have gone away for our anniversary and for the first time we have taken the dog.

We made sure to bring her bed, blanket and a few toys so as not to feel anxious in a strange place.

It's a countryside walking holiday so she's sure to have lots of fun.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I spent all day at a wilderness first aid training so I didn’t get to hang out with my dudes during the day. I got home around 7, took them for a nice long walk, came home, and then Lando brought a toy over to me. And another one. And another one. And another one. Before I knew it, I was playing tug with all of these toys, then Apollo came over with a ball and my role shifted to being the “referee” wherein the two of them fight over toys and nibble on each other and I give them belly rubs and ear scritches as the opportunity presents itself.

Dogs are just the best. I love my boys so much.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

We boarded Napoleon for a night so he can burn up a bunch of pent up winter energy. Someone missed his mama

CeramicPig fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 29, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That never works with Lando. He’s almost seven so he honestly would just prefer to spend his day lounging on the couch in anticipation of his daily long walk. Apollo, on the other hand, flies into daycare like it’s the place to be and apparently plays until he barfs (literally) then when we come to get him, he goes absolutely ballistic then immediately passes out as soon as he gets home.

In conclusion, dog is a land of contrasts

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Contrasts

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been an extremely slow process getting gus and noa to stay together cooperatively in the same room for an extended length of time, I think due to their wildly different upbringings(he was born and lived his first year and a half on the street, she had a loving home). today was the first day where gus was able to stay in the same area as her all day without trouble. not to say he's the problem, half the issue is noa being an obnoxiously dominant bossy bitch, something we've never been able to curb. she yields to me, protects mom, and everyone else might as well be under her boot. but for the last few months we've placed a chair next to the gate between gus's room and the living room, and she's taken to sitting in it and preening and playing with gus, sometimes for hours, and would sleep in it occasionally next to him. so we've been bringing him out for longer periods of time, and today they were able to be together the whole day without me having to stand over them constantly to keep watch. It'll be nice when they can stay together full time, no more "gus room", it can just be part of the whole house for them to have.

it wasn't necessarily all quiet, as they were constantly playing and hopping back and forth between the chairs and the couch. a lot of this, for hours, before they tuckered themselves out and went to sleep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcRLEmWAvo&hd=1

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ColumboScreens/status/1620617938851053569?t=UDOEMCsnK4UukfTWOwpxbw&s=19

Very rude, Lieutenant Columbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bad Lieutenant.