Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i gotta say i was originally sympathetic to fatshark but this is becoming just such a show of total failure to plan at all for the obvious consequences of their own actions. like they have the same holiday every year, having to go on some kind of stupid bucolic ski trip to a gingerbread town was not sprung on them as a surprise.

or just like the stuff in the game that seems like nobody looked at or thought about it. like nobody tested the weapons to see if they were even in the same ballpark? like they have the arithmetic in front of them they dont have to manually find this stuff out by trial and error like the players do. all the typoed multipliers or effects that work in reverse that would be evident if you'd just tested to see if it was working ONCE. like i understand there being a vast array of hardware issues and unforseen bugs that are only replicated 1 in 1,000,000 player actions that are basically impossible to test for, but there is so much stuff in darktide that is universally non functional and is immediately evident if you look for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i gotta say i was originally sympathetic to fatshark but this is becoming just such a show of total failure to plan at all for the obvious consequences of their own actions. like they have the same holiday every year, having to go on some kind of stupid bucolic ski trip to a gingerbread town was not sprung on them as a surprise.

or just like the stuff in the game that seems like nobody looked at or thought about it. like nobody tested the weapons to see if they were even in the same ballpark? like they have the arithmetic in front of them they dont have to manually find this stuff out by trial and error like the players do. all the typoed multipliers or effects that work in reverse that would be evident if you'd just tested to see if it was working ONCE. like i understand there being a vast array of hardware issues and unforseen bugs that are only replicated 1 in 1,000,000 player actions that are basically impossible to test for, but there is so much stuff in darktide that is universally non functional and is immediately evident if you look for it.

Imagine I posted the "first time?" meme here

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Less complaining, more horrifying what-if Slaanesh darktide enemies https://www.reddit.com/gallery/10g0ms0

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I just feel for their CM. Like their project leads/management are clearly dropping the ball again and ofc it'll eventually get sorted (i mean, VT2 got sorted and that release sucked so bad i barely played it) but every time some poor gently caress has to just communicate "Sorry guys, our plans aren't planned yet".

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I have no idea why they are so hesitant to do smaller bug fixes. Releasing regularly and often is always better than saving up huge patches. It shows you are at least doing something.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Mega Comrade posted:

I have no idea why they are so hesitant to do smaller bug fixes. Releasing regularly and often is always better than saving up huge patches. It shows you are at least doing something.

theyre so loving bad at version control it would end up being an endless 'one step forward one step back' situation

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Honestly I'm so used to fatshark after vermintide it's somewhat amusing to try and count how many times they trip over themselves on mindbogglingly obvious bugs and mistakes.

I just smile and chuckle and go "oooh youuuu"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In VT2 there were a bunch of perks that straight up did nothing if you were a client, where fatshark had just obviously only tested them as a host so they were nonfunctional for 75% of the players in a game. a bit of an oopsie. After these were discovered you would expect their reaction to be “oh poo poo, we never tested any of these at all in this extremely common use case, we’d better do a client testing pass on that” but instead all they did was fix (and occasionally unfix) individual perks at a time as they were discovered to be broken by players one by one over a number of months

I got a grimdark lol at people who didn’t know better immediately starting to plan out their “builds” in darktide as soon as they saw the list of traits back at launch, like buddy we don’t even know if any of these work at all let alone do what they say in the description

theyre so loving bad at version control it would end up being an endless 'one step forward one step back' situation

See: a hotfix to meant to do nothing but revert the surge staff’s seizure VFX apparently also somehow removed its ability to crit

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Perks not working doesn't even surprise me anymore. It's happened in so many games I've played that I am naturally suspicious no matter the game in question.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

oh sick they brought lights out missions back

e: what the heck :mad: the lights arent out at all! lots of demonhosts though

uncalled for! fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 20, 2023

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

The one that still gets me is them adding that player highlighting option to the game (which i liked a lot!) and then completely removing it a week later because apparently it didn't work correctly.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it worked fine for me so it was annoying they removed it but maybe it was causing a crash or something :shrug:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

dogstile posted:

I just feel for their CM. Like their project leads/management are clearly dropping the ball again and ofc it'll eventually get sorted (i mean, VT2 got sorted and that release sucked so bad i barely played it) but every time some poor gently caress has to just communicate "Sorry guys, our plans aren't planned yet".

It's really unfortunate that a new CM got thrown into the middle of this. A more experienced CM might have been better at keeping up communication even if it's just dropping updates that consist of something like, "We're reviewing the results of the survey and have already started working on the major items and will continue to review it as we go". Obviously it's rough when the devs/management are dropping the ball but radio silence is never good.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Fanelien posted:

it'll be information about their intention to make an announcement about an upcoming patch, details of which will be available after the patch.

Fatshark taking lessons from Chris Roberts I see.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hemale in pain posted:

it worked fine for me so it was annoying they removed it but maybe it was causing a crash or something :shrug:

I think they removed it because it obscured your cosmetics

im only half joking about this

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Honestly I'm so used to fatshark after vermintide it's somewhat amusing to try and count how many times they trip over themselves on mindbogglingly obvious bugs and mistakes.

I just smile and chuckle and go "oooh youuuu"

Amen to that, since the very first iteration of ratmintide.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/status/1616496045814386723

No more dogs but im also not seeing any global modifier and no lights out anywhere on the board lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I do not understand why they’re going out of their way to minimize mission variety and make you get sick of the same modifier being stuck on all the missions that have one instead of just letting any of them appear whenever.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I do not understand why they’re going out of their way to minimize mission variety and make you get sick of the same modifier being stuck on all the missions that have one instead of just letting any of them appear whenever.
~*live service*~

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

pretty sure in theory the idea was to have modifiers spread out in a random distribution for most of the time ala deep rock galactic and then have little weekend surges of one modifier type or another as a little mini-event treat, not for someone to turn on the dog machine and leave it on for 3 weeks

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jerkface posted:

No more dogs but im also not seeing any global modifier and no lights out anywhere on the board lol

Oh gently caress nevermind bring back the stupid dog modifier

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Yeah, not seeing any lights out stuff. But I have been getting double daemonhosts on malice maps.So maybe it’s bugged?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They meant they're turning the lights out at their office so you can't find them.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it be extremely funny if it turns out someone at fatshark has to manually change the modifier

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I mostly play pskyer and having to remember to bring a gun with a flashlight instead of my grotesquely powerful voidstrike staff is kind of disappointing

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Jerkface posted:

Lights out missions rotate at a lesser rate than the puppy patrol, there's usually 3 to 4 on the board at a time and sometimes not so many

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Make puppies turn off all the lights when they spawn, until they are killed

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

NeurosisHead posted:

I mostly play pskyer and having to remember to bring a gun with a flashlight instead of my grotesquely powerful voidstrike staff is kind of disappointing

Eh, I found muzzle flashes and other peoples lights do the job well enough.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
The insistence on only using one modifier at a time is just beyond baffling

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure in theory the idea was to have modifiers spread out in a random distribution for most of the time ala deep rock galactic and then have little weekend surges of one modifier type or another as a little mini-event treat, not for someone to turn on the dog machine and leave it on for 3 weeks

TURN OOOOOOOOOOOON THE DOOOOOOOG MACHINE.

(for those pax wrestling fans out there)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Just allow us to choose the level, the modifier, the difficulty, etc.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

PD2 had rando map select but also let you spend money to pick your favorite so that was a nice money sink and a good compromise.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

The Demilich posted:

Just allow us to choose the level, the modifier, the difficulty, etc.

Nope. Make it entirely random with cycling global modifiers on top. Just deal with it and have something with a flashlight handy.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

rideANDxORdie posted:

The insistence on only using one modifier at a time is just beyond baffling
Bet they plan to introduce a new modifier each season.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
What level 25 perk on Sharpshooter do people like to run?

The bleed stacks on grenade add up big in a crowd if you spam the grenades in twos like you should with the grenade regeneration but do piddly versus flak and maniacs and carapace

Deadshot is really good for what it does because crit rolls in groups so it shines even with full auto

Reload speed rules for extending Volley Fire

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I use grenade bleed.

I use a braced autogun so I don't aim down sights and it reloads quick enough to extend volley fire by itself.

Also bleed has synergy with the 60 second grenade perk

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

truther posted:

Bet they plan to introduce a new modifier each season.

I mean, you can do this and still rotate modifiers. DRG has this figured out with a 20-30 person dev team...

All in all I have basically no hope that DT will be supported as a "live service" game because Fatshark doesn't seem to be able to release substantive new content on an ongoing basis. I'm having a hard time believing they'll even get the game to be as good as VT2 within a year or two

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

They can't even deliver a verbal/written update on time lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I missed lights out, ran four back-to-back, so much hectic and immersive fun I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
My miserable life is governed by the pursuit of Melkbucks. None of the current missions match my contract needs, so I cannot play. Very disappointing.