Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

germa's whole army is clones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ManSedan posted:

I hope the next issue opens with Vegapunk turning towards the reader and stating, "Stussy is the only clone that has ever been created - there are exactly zero clones elsewhere in the entire world" like that panel where squirrel lady defeats Thanos.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Robots aren't clones though

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

so if stussy is a clone of a member of the rocks pirates do you think big mom recognized her in her underworld role and knew she was a clone?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

JahRoo posted:

so if stussy is a clone of a member of the rocks pirates do you think big mom recognized her in her underworld role and knew she was a clone?

Could easily have just been like "Huh, that girl looks like Bakkin used to, wonder if that's Bakkin's daughter."

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Those are Kuma lookalikes that got turned identical during cyborgification.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Star Platinum posted:

We're gonna get so many dumb unhinged theories out of this :allears:

Tashigi is a clone of Kuina!!

As soon as I saw the cloning stuff in this chapter I immediately assumed this. Maybe failed clone works here too, since shes clumsy and nearsighted?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Brandfarlig posted:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Nuebot posted:

What if Luffy is a clone of Luffy, and he's never actually won a fight; he just dies and a new luffy is swapped in off panel and everyone's in on it except the reader.

D means double. We got clones out the wazoo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lamebot posted:

I'm seeing double, four Luffys!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Lamebot posted:

oh, so everyone with a D is actually a clone?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

As soon as I saw the cloning stuff in this chapter I immediately assumed this. Maybe failed clone works here too, since shes clumsy and nearsighted?

It doesn't work because it would be stupid and hacky

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Brandfarlig posted:

Germa uses an entire clone army grown in vats.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Star Platinum posted:

It doesn't work because it would be stupid and hacky
I dont know why but Kuina in particular feels like it could work, and also would give some direction to a long standing mystery that everyones assumed was dead or irrelevant

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

get his rear end

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/rm_5aled/status/1617000225671098370?s=46&t=BmX162zTavRs2axzqe1_QA

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
yamato is so cool im glad he joined the crew as the 10th crew member

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God the One Pace for Wano is still gonna be a billion eps, isn't it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

This is why I've given up on One Piece Kai, you're not going adapt One Piece to a reasonable number of episodes.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Infinitum posted:

Nobody's gonna want to remove all that excellent animation knowing the criticism they'll get.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is why I've given up on One Piece Kai, you're not going adapt One Piece to a reasonable number of episodes.

Well if im gonna watch it anyway i’d rather watch the 400ep variant than the 1000ep variant.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Delphisage posted:

Nobody's gonna want to remove all that excellent animation knowing the criticism they'll get.
If the extra animation is good, that's fine. Less work for the One Pace folks and more anime for us.

If the extra animation is... a sumo guy just teetering for a truly absurd amount of time, or several extra shots of someone running as a weirdly loud footstep sound plays, well, that's what One Pace is there for.

Everything that gets posted here is amazing, but while the scenes are "longer" than the manga panels they're adapting, they're still a tiny fraction of the episode they're from.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wait is the argument ”Why would anyone want to cut out excellent animation like that”?

Folk have you seen the other 23 out of 24 minutes of these episodes?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Watched this episode because of the clip above and was horrified to learn an eight page flashback was the whole ep, including flashbacks to things that had happened earlier in the flashback

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Make no mistake, the anime looks really pretty now and a lot of effort goes into the cool fight scenes. But it's still awful and not worth watching week to week.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

The main reason why this theory doesn’t work for me is why on earth would vegapunk clone a random girl from the east blue?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Tashigi is a clone of Kuina and I don't know how to deal with this fact.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tashigi would be younger than kuina if that was the case. well, unless she was a clone made by judge, but that's even more out there.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

tashigi would be younger than kuina if that was the case. well, unless she was a clone made by judge, but that's even more out there.

Kuina is a clone of Tashigi - logical crisis averted

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tashigi is three years older than Kuina. Also, what reason would there be to clone her? Sure, she's a descendant of a samurai family, but outside of that, she's just some kid on just some island who's kinda good with sword.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

she's uranus

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, what reason would there be to clone her?

I'm taking the piss while waiting for a new chapter, but to seriously answer your question, I don't think this guy needs a good reason to do anything:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chapter out on viz. This really was a chapter worth reading 4 times.

gonna keep a spoiler tag just in case but
something i've been musing is that Ceasar and Vinsmoke (and maybe Queen, too, i forget what his deal was) pretty much built their post-MADS lives off of science developed during MADS; the fake devil fruit and the cloning. Sure, they were working on different thing as well, but their previous work was the backbone of everything. Meanwhile, Vegapunk seems to have all sorts of things going on, little to nothing continuing from those days. Also, not sure when MADS disbanded, but I think it's safe to assume that no clone [besides the Germa battle ones] can be younger than 21, Sanji's age, as MADS was deffo not together by then.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 22, 2023

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope we are all mentally prepared for whatever inevitable interaction between Sanji and seraphim Boa happens

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

mabels big day posted:

I hope we are all mentally prepared for whatever inevitable interaction between Sanji and seraphim Boa happens

At least we know Sanji can break out of petrification naturally.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kilimangyro, another top tier One Piece pun.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm so glad we don't have a break next week. Every chapter has been a banger for a long time.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Kilimangyro, another top tier One Piece pun.

:hai:

I had a thought, too - imagine if it was "Kill-a-man Gyro."

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I'm so glad we don't have a break next week. Every chapter has been a banger for a long time.

:hai:

I had a thought, too - imagine if it was "Kill-a-man Gyro."

'kirin' means giraffe in Japanese, so the attack name is basically "giraffe man gyro"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

'kirin' means giraffe in Japanese, so the attack name is basically "giraffe man gyro"

drat, for being a throwaway shonen attack name, it's got layers of wordplay. Oda does it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

vegapunk lived up to nd surpassed literally decades of hype, god one piece rules