Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So cool Oda had to make 6 of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The chapter officially came out this morning btw

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015470

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh so it's more of a Batman Beyond

Complete with his dad shooting another man's sperm.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Watched this episode because of the clip above and was horrified to learn an eight page flashback was the whole ep, including flashbacks to things that had happened earlier in the flashback

Unironically that 8 page flashback deserves to be a full episode. Yamato's flashback should have more weight to it than what was given.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anime staff appear to be big Yamato fans and I respect it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

hell, same

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Stussy is Clone #1, age unknown. If we assume that Buckingham's "son" Weevil is, in fact, Clone #2 then Sussy is somewhere older than 35. We don't know when MADS ended exactly, but Sanji's birth must be after that, so 21 years ago. That leaves somewhere under 15 years of time this kind of cloning's going on, since Vinsmoke seems to only do Shocker style super soldier clones. Bonney has no established age, but the assumption is 24 for some reason, so that's in that range and maybe, just maybe, a clone of Big Mom.

Big Mom's empire is basically hardwired to herself, since Nami merely holding a vivre card of hers was enough to control the whole dang forest, so I wonder how much power over that empire Bonney could hold? It certainly would be a big mixup if we come out of this arc with Kuma having his will and memories back, and also Bonney having her own fleet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

At least we can be certain Sanji and his brothers are not clones.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Stussy is Clone #1, age unknown. If we assume that Buckingham's "son" Weevil is, in fact, Clone #2 then Sussy is somewhere older than 35. We don't know when MADS ended exactly, but Sanji's birth must be after that, so 21 years ago. That leaves somewhere under 15 years of time this kind of cloning's going on, since Vinsmoke seems to only do Shocker style super soldier clones. Bonney has no established age, but the assumption is 24 for some reason, so that's in that range and maybe, just maybe, a clone of Big Mom.

Big Mom's empire is basically hardwired to herself, since Nami merely holding a vivre card of hers was enough to control the whole dang forest, so I wonder how much power over that empire Bonney could hold? It certainly would be a big mixup if we come out of this arc with Kuma having his will and memories back, and also Bonney having her own fleet.

Even on the off chance this is true, why would Bonney have any claim to it? The vivre card controlled the homies not because it was a fragment of Big Mom's DNA, but because it was a fragment of Big Mom's soul. Plus, even if Bonney could control them, every position of actual power in her empire is filled with one of Big Mom's children, who wouldn't stand for it for a second.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
The "Bonney is a clone of Big Mom" theory is dumb for several reasons, namely when aged up she looks identical to Queen Conney of Sorbet Kingdom (presumably her Grandma) and also SHE ISN'T 29 FEET TALL

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Imperfect clone. Evidence: Pink.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Clone Discourse is the new Luffy's Secret Mom Discourse

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Drakkel posted:

Clone Discourse is the new Luffy's Secret Mom Discourse

I've legitimately seen people arguing the reason we haven't seen Luffy's mother is because he's a clone and doesn't have one.

If we'd seen every other character's mothers I might give some weight to that, but birth parents (especially mothers) are rarely important in One Piece.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

:hai:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Anime staff mutiny where they just jam Yamato into every frame past Wano

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

hatty posted:

Anime-only 'Yamato joins the crew' split timeline

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wano was so long I'm super surprised we didn't end up with a new crew member out of it, be it Yamato or Carrot

Probably wheels back to my initial thoughts that if a 2nd member joined Jinbe wouldn't have time to shine on their own for a bit.
Also you know.. endgame and all that.

hatty posted:

Just do a new movie for Skypiea/Dressrosa, but Vivi and Yamato are on the crew ala Chopper Movie with Franky and Robin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also re:One Pace there's just so many amazing scenes for Roof Piece that I'm fine with them keeping the battles drawn out and just cleaning up the inbetweens

But don't yall dare cut this scene one second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p8mJiSVcw

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Calling it now: Blackbeard has multiple souls.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Oh I get it now, Blackbeard already had the Paw Paw Fruit and just pushed the pushing devil fruits push out of the fruit and just pushed the rest into Kuma. It would even explain how he has all those twins, he pushed out parts of himself.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Blackbeard actually has multiple clones of himself and they live inside one another because the biggest of them has the matryoshka doll fruit

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Nuebot posted:

Blackbeard actually has multiple clones of himself and they live inside one another because the biggest of them has the matryoshka doll fruit

It makes the jacket fruit look like poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It already does

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jassa posted:

The "Bonney is a clone of Big Mom" theory is dumb for several reasons, namely when aged up she looks identical to Queen Conney of Sorbet Kingdom (presumably her Grandma) and also SHE ISN'T 29 FEET TALL

We already know that the aging up power lets her change into any possible future form. So there's absolutely no contradiction there. She literally aged herself up in a timeline where she was as bulky as Kuma in this chapter.

Not saying the theory is true, but it has a counter to this point

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
what about this: big mom is a clone of bonney!!!!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Awakened Jacket Fruit will make Luffy wear all his friends and use everyone's powers at the same time and he'll wear the big hat.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But who has all the recessive genes Lineage Factors?

EDIT: Wait a minute, Blackbeard is a cowardly D, so clearly it's him!

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 23, 2023

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
the devil fruit is stored in the soul

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

Imperfect clone. Evidence: Pink.

Pink is perfect in every way tho

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Supremezero posted:

Pink is perfect in every way tho

Yes he is

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

jassa posted:

I've legitimately seen people arguing the reason we haven't seen Luffy's mother is because he's a clone and doesn't have one.

If we'd seen every other character's mothers I might give some weight to that, but birth parents (especially mothers) are rarely important in One Piece.

I disagree they're not important.
The strawhats whose mothers aren't known are Luffy, Zoro, Jinbe, Brooke, Carrot, and Yamato. Unless you want to be pedantic and not count Dr. Kureha and Bellamare. And of the ones we know their call to action is because of their (dying) mother. On top of that we also know both Ace and Sabo's mothers.

Kild fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 23, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

mabels big day posted:

We already know that the aging up power lets her change into any possible future form. So there's absolutely no contradiction there. She literally aged herself up in a timeline where she was as bulky as Kuma in this chapter.

Not saying the theory is true, but it has a counter to this point
But a.) that was called "distorted future" as in that is not her body's resting state b.) big mom is thirty feet tall, not "bulkier" c.) child bonney has zero resemblance to child linlin, the point in a clone's life when they should look most identical. I still like the bonney is a big mom biodaughter theory though.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Kild posted:

I disagree they're not important.
The strawhats whose mothers aren't known are Luffy, Zoro, Jinbe, Brooke, Carrot, and Yamato. Unless you want to be pedantic and not count Dr. Kureha and Bellamare. And of the ones we know their call to action is because of their (dying) mother. On top of that we also know both Ace and Sabo's mothers.

It's not pedantic to disqualify adoptive parents when the topic of discussion is genetics and cloning.

Of the Strawhats, only Robin and Sanji's birth mothers are important to the story.

jassa fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 23, 2023

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

jassa posted:

Of the Strawhats, only Robin and Sanji's birth mothers are important to the story.

What? Usopp's mom was the only reason he was able to ascend to Godhood.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

jassa posted:

Did you skip the Arabasta arc or something??

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Stussy has an interesting ability. Is she a vampire/bat zoan fruit ability or is it something else?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Infinitum posted:

Also re:One Pace there's just so many amazing scenes for Roof Piece that I'm fine with them keeping the battles drawn out and just cleaning up the inbetweens

But don't yall dare cut this scene one second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p8mJiSVcw

The anime has it's fair share of flaws, and I stopped watching it years ago, but I will give them credit for this: When it really, really matters? Everyone involved in the production brings it's A game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flair posted:

Stussy has an interesting ability. Is she a vampire/bat zoan fruit ability or is it something else?

I feel vampire bat is the safe bet but it wouldn't surprise me if it's a mythological succubus Zoan fruit.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i dont care about 4 pages of clone wars but bonneys fruit kicks rear end and i hope she gives us more of the aged crew sketches from sbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
official stussy theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJxuPU07yw