Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I really like the upcoming Del Mar. Price is even sorta reasonable for what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I like that they decided to make the battery pack look like something cool instead of like a xerox machine duct taped into the frame

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah, boomers, and whatever we’re gonna call the gen X’ers who are about to directly replace boomers love them

So, older people? I think we’re gonna continue to have older people. Otherwise Honda might have to discontinue the Goldwing.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Either you die trying to layer dan or you live long enough to complain about Harley going woke.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I will take one for the team and buy a new goldwing tour

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

A MIRACLE posted:

I will take one for the team and buy a new goldwing tour

I embraced my inner dad and bought one (used though, some other sucker can eat the initial depreciation), no regrets so far

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strife posted:

So, older people? I think we’re gonna continue to have older people. Otherwise Honda might have to discontinue the Goldwing.

I'll add that metric cruisers are insanely popular in not-America and all efforts to create metrics that don't have a classic or Harley-like appearance have failed dismally

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Slavvy posted:

I'll add that metric cruisers are insanely popular in not-America and all efforts to create metrics that don't have a classic or Harley-like appearance have failed dismally

CTX700 :sadwave:

I almost bought one if only the dealership could have bothered to sell me one. Alas, that was too much work and so here I am with the VStrom

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know if anyone follows Grind Hard Plumbing but their new project is pretty great

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Strife posted:

We need a better name though, eventually there won’t be boomers but we’ll need something in its place to say “OK __________”

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

We need a better name though, eventually there won’t be boomers but we’ll need something in its place to say “OK __________”

Ok dad

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok, as long as the boomers are dead

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rolo posted:

Boomers are pro Harley but don’t want to support the bikes they’re forcing to be born.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gen X themselves invented "Whatever"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

T Zero posted:

Either you die trying to layer dan or you live long enough to complain about Harley going woke.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
had a good moto day yesterday. it was warm/dry enough to go for a joy ride so i rode down the coast of lake washington to a park that is good for long walks. on the way i passed a guy on a red crf dressed as a dragon complete with a fuzzy green helmet/jump suit + little wings. later found myself in a formation of other motorcyclists going to the same park and we chatted a bit once we arrived. fun stuff!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
theres snow outside, the bikes all in the garage on the tender, getting parts and stuff together to get it all tuned up

I wanna ride make it march :smith:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

January has been suspiciously warm so far and I've got this awful feeling that March and April are going to be snowy as gently caress to make up for it :smith:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah its been in the 40's here all month basically, and today, snow

:smith:

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Went out to breakfast the other day. Did some donuts later.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Most excellent

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The natural habitat of the ural

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Good, comrade.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Fievel Goes Bi posted:

Went out to breakfast the other day. Did some donuts later.

You done good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That rules and is like the main reason I'd want a sidehack

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

That’s pretty much why I bought it. Really enjoyed never having to drive when I could ride my other bikes. And the few days I had to drive because of snow pissed me off being stuck in a car. So I got the Ural and sold the car. Now I don’t get depressed when I commute, running errands, or just getting around. Bikes are good for your mental health.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
At first I thought you were this guy

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7192183990961458478

Peak Ural behavior.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Not gonna lie if and when we move to Minnesota I'm serious considering getting a decent supersport and converting it to a snow bike. Looks cool as hell

Now I will find that is massively not fun and dumb and will be a massive pain in the rear end

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Even if it's very fun, living in Minnesota during the winter is massively not fun and dumb and was a massive pain in the rear end

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I went to the anarchist bookstore in Amsterdam to get some coffee from a cooperative, and to the bike gear shop to grab some chain lube and a new cover. The shopkeeper was surprised i was riding.

It was doable with 3-4 degrees C, though the roads were very salty which makes them somewhat slick. And oil, bloody oil everywhere. But the quick errand run turned into a 90 minute ride and it was lovely :)
Cut the ride short and went home via the highway when i saw rain clouds forming on the horizon, and on the highway i definitely got cold fingers but otherwise it was fiiiine.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Between 1 and 5 degrees C is fine if it isnt precipitating, even pleasant if it's sunny and you're bundled up. Those temps in active precipitation is miserable though and best avoided if at all possible, even in head to toe Gore Tex. Once you're above 5C it's all good, layer appropriately (not Dan), wear Gore Tex. That's my rule of thumb, anyway.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Agreed, above freezing I just a have a warm jacket on under my suit plus a neck gaiter. Below freezing I put on a thermal base and a fleece under the jacket. Only heated gear I have are gloves and that combo got me through my daily commute when we had -25f or whatever it was a few weeks back for a couple days. Now my visor did freeze over so riding with that opened did suck but wasn’t awful. But riding in the deep winter is perfectly doable.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
I’m a wuss I guess, anything below 5 C is miserable and not worth it. I have a heated vest, and have used heated gloves/bars, but when I get above 60 kph the wind ruins it. Even worse if the roads are salted, I suppose some people hose down their bikes with freezing cold water when they get home, but that’s just not for me.

Where I live doesn’t help :canada:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I don't ride below freezing, but anything above is fine with my Tourmaster marshmallow setup. Heated grips and the barn door windshield on the VStrom make it possible. The Monkey gets unrideable to me below 45F/7C or so

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It rained unexpectedly on my way to work this morning in 41F/5C.
Aside from having to wipe my visor every now and then, it was fine
I kinda wish for a VStrom windshield wiper tbh

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I learned about this bike yesterday:

Harley, instead of the small cruisers you plan to bring and force onto your dealers who probably won't want to stock them, bring us a revival of this.

Edit: welp i guess something like it is coming just as I posted this

https://www.theautopian.com/harley-davidson-might-be-importing-a-small-motorcycle-into-america-from-china/

crash bars from factory is a nice touch, speculated 440lb though... sigh

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 27, 2023

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Harley should make a ground up prototype flat track race bike and then make a ~400lb ~80hp street tracker version. :colbert:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

lol p twin

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Who still makes vtwins that aren't in a cruiser?

Ducati
Ktm
Harley
Do Suzuki still make the vstrom 1000?

That's about it. Imo v-twins will become a 'premium' thing that you can only afford to build if you make overpriced lifestyle bikes, normal people stuff will all be parallel twins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Not only is the redesigned V-STROM 1050 available starting at the low, low MSRP of $15,199, Suzuki plans to continue selling the SV-650 alongside the GSX-8S. The 2023 colorway for the ABS model is pretty nice.