Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Just think, she's in rehab now.. That's just like your favorite wrestler Jon Moxley! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you were on the fence about seeing America’s sweetheart M3GAN in her debut film, just know there’s a part where she gallops after someone like a horse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

If you were on the fence about seeing America’s sweetheart M3GAN in her debut film, just know there’s a part where she gallops after someone like a horse.

I wanna see it in one of those dumb gimmick theaters with the moving seats. Cinemark D-Box, or whatever. I remember seeing The Meg in one of those, and when it wasn't giant shark action the chair would slowly tilt along with the camera if it did a Dutch angle. It was hilarious.

Having an old stockpile of passes from when I worked at a movie theater has been...good.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
M3gan didn't get dumb enough for me :-( I'm a big fan of Malignant and how stupid Malignant is and I don't think M3gan earned many of its dumbest moments, but it did get a few good chuckles out of me at points. Not a bad movie but it needed a real idiot adrenaline shot imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Aberdeen lost to Darvel in the Scottish Cup & it's possibly the biggest Scottish Cup upset ever & is extremely funny.

Trying to think of an American sports equivalent. I dunno, something like University of Oregon losing to some mid-tier West Virginian JuCo? Minnesota Vikings losing to some XFL team's developmental team's developmental team? It's bad is what I'm trying to convey

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

forkboy84 posted:

Aberdeen lost to Darvel in the Scottish Cup & it's possibly the biggest Scottish Cup upset ever & is extremely funny.

Trying to think of an American sports equivalent.

the 16 seed beating the 1 seed in march madness like 4 years ago?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

graph posted:

it would be more like if the yankees lost to a local softball team

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

graph posted:

Oh no. Aberdeen are a Premiership side, Darvel play in the 6th tier of Scottish football. UMBC beating Virigina is a huge upset, but UMBC are still Division I at the end of the day. It'd be like a March Madness #1 seed losing to a Division III school that offers no scholarships, maybe.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Virginia losing to Chaminade was a bigger upset than the 1 vs 16 anyway. virginia was the #1 team in the country and lost to an NAIA team which i think is sort of equal to division 3 where some teams are better and some are worse when you start comparing directly. i don't know if that was different when the game took place

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

it would be more like if the yankees lost to a local softball team

gotcha. dont get a lot of scottish cup games these parts (maybe 2 this season)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Virginia losing to Chaminade was a bigger upset than the 1 vs 16 anyway

That was wild

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was wild

99.8% of brackets instantly vaporized game one day one lol

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

went from a 60hz to a 144hz monitor and holy poo poo everything is so smooth

kinda feels like cheating in games and I can see why pros play on ridic 240hz monitors and poo poo

edit: windows 11 can already get hosed, thankful for the git app thats able to move the taskbar to the left where god intended

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

240? The bleeding edge that just got announced at CES is 540 hertz for the old TN technology. You can get a 360 Hz 1080p IPS right now for $599.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Critical posted:

edit: windows 11 can already get hosed, thankful for the git app thats able to move the taskbar to the left where god intended

Windows 11 is so weird, it's like Microsoft went,"Let's just make Windows 10 again, but make everything very slightly annoyingly different."

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Windows 11 is so weird, it's like Microsoft went,"Let's just make Windows 10 again, but make everything very slightly annoyingly different."

Start11 makes all the worst of 11's excesses just go away. Well worth the $8 if you have some other reason to need to use Windows 11.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Kvantum posted:

240? The bleeding edge that just got announced at CES is 540 hertz for the old TN technology. You can get a 360 Hz 1080p IPS right now for $599.

i feel like there has to be diminishing returns with refresh rates that high. nevermind that i don't think anything substantial can run at 540fps at the moment

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to get a smartphone but don't want to pay too much. I was looking at swappa but I'm paranoid about getting a used phone with scratches. I was interested in a s20 fe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

Start11 makes all the worst of 11's excesses just go away. Well worth the $8 if you have some other reason to need to use Windows 11.

I downloaded a couple of freebies that fixed the stuff mostly bothering me - put the start button back where it belonged, allowed me to group things on the taskbar, removed the thing where options were hidden in right click unless you expanded the window etc. I only have it because I bought a new computer and it came already installed, otherwise I would have just stuck with 10.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Critical posted:

i feel like there has to be diminishing returns with refresh rates that high. nevermind that i don't think anything substantial can run at 540fps at the moment

A 4090 can run CS GO at >750 fps at 1080p. E-sports titles at 1080p can all be run north of 400 fps with a 4090.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you dont need an app to move the windows 11 taskbar to the left lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh right then I forgot I did that instead I guess :shrug:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

I want to get a smartphone but don't want to pay too much. I was looking at swappa but I'm paranoid about getting a used phone with scratches. I was interested in a s20 fe.

I used the LG Phoenix 2 and then the Phoenix 4 for a few years and I was very happy with them even if they're comparatively weak. I think they're technically listed as pre-paid/no contract phones but I was able to swap in a regular SIM card (AT&T) without any hassle. Can't say for sure if the other carrier options would be just as easy, but LG pre-paid options are worth looking into imo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kvantum posted:

not a fan. We halted deployment because a VIP clicked a button and all this icons disappeared. Had to have a 2 hour meeting explaining what our mitigating actions are gonna be to a room full scared executives(whats gonna happen to my emails!?!?) who had no idea what was going on but were convinced windows 11 was a manifestation of satan.

Also had a trackside announcer feed his laptop into a table saw because the windows 11 start button wasn't responsive enough.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Alaois posted:

you dont need an app to move the windows 11 taskbar to the left lmao

This only moves the icons to the left of the taskbar on the bottom, unless they changed it recently. I want the whole-rear end taskbar on the left side of my screen.

Kvantum posted:

A 4090 can run CS GO at >750 fps at 1080p. E-sports titles at 1080p can all be run north of 400 fps with a 4090.

Jesus. So is there like a visible difference between say 240hz and 360hz? I'm a bad eyes having bitch so I only thought about upgrading recently.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Critical posted:

Jesus. So is there like a visible difference between say 240hz and 360hz? I'm a bad eyes having bitch so I only thought about upgrading recently.

Do you play eSports titles professionally? If not, then no, there's no point above 240 Hz. Even going from 120 to 240 is pretty debatable at best.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Critical posted:

This only moves the icons to the left of the taskbar on the bottom, unless they changed it recently. I want the whole-rear end taskbar on the left side of my screen.

Oh youre one of those psychos

Do you also use Opera

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please dont shame our brave start menuists.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
No idea the hertz on my screens but I hope it doesn’t embarrass me when I find out incidentally later months from now and then recall this conversation

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Alaois posted:

Oh youre one of those psychos

Do you also use Opera

lol i actually did until i switched back to chrome today, will be switching to firefox once chrome rolls out the ublock ban or whatever

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i use edge :)

nn squad

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I know a guy who uses Opera as a bit

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Captain Magic posted:

No idea the hertz on my screens but I hope it doesn’t embarrass me when I find out incidentally later months from now and then recall this conversation

U ever heard of a hertz donut, nerd? *balls fists*

Ibexaz fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 24, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ibexaz posted:

U ever heard of a hertz donut, nerd?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Critical posted:

Wait, there are people who do that? What the hell?

Bottom of screen left-oriented icon supremacy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

left-side supremacy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

left-side supremacy

You disturb me, but I hope you find an OS and/or tools that allow you your orientation happy place :)

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i just find it easier to look at a stack of icons instead of a row. it can be a problem on my work laptop as sometimes i have enough things open that the taskbar has to scroll but it's never been an issue at home.

the real degenerates put the taskbar on the top. they should be put in jail.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bottom of screen left-oriented icon supremacy

Putting the task bar on either side of the screen is really popular if you have an ultrawide screen monitor. Having it on the bottom is just too much task bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You disturb me, but I hope you find an OS and/or tools that allow you your orientation happy place :)

all modern displays are longer horizontally than vertically enjoy your wasted space :)