Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shipon posted:

his point was that the gyms requiring masks was a bit silly when restaurants were open and people having to take their masks off for eating, which is a pretty big double standard

you may exhale and inhale a lot more during exercise

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2202521119

quote:

Airborne transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) or other pathogens is probably increased during indoor exercise, but data on the emission of aerosol particles by an exercising individual are lacking. Here, we report that aerosol particle emission increases on average 132-fold from 580 ± 489 particles/min at rest to 76,200 ± 48,000 particles/min during maximal exercise. Aerosol particle emission increases moderately up to an exercise intensity of ≈2 W/kg and exponentially at higher exercise intensities. These data not only explain SARS-CoV-2 transmissions during indoor group exercise but also can be used to design better targeted mitigation measures for physical activity indoors such as physical education in school, dance events during weddings, or high-intensity gym classes such as spinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I guess that was also around the time that no restaurant should have been open for indoor dining, so a facile comparison at best

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I dont really think it should be controversial at all to point out the the general way restrictions were selectively relaxed in 2021-2022 was in many cases paradoxical and absurd.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
We should just implant N95s directly into people's lung tubes imo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

I guess that was also around the time that no restaurant should have been open for indoor dining, so a facile comparison at best

It's a facile comparison in any case. Unless you use your teeth to lift I guess.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just started listening to shocktober and felix mentions he had a teenage neurosis that he would never be able to handle working a real job and lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

just started listening to shocktober and felix mentions he had a teenage neurosis that he would never be able to handle working a real job and lol

the leader of the new workers revolution

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

Dr. Killjoy posted:

drat he just like me fr fr

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

waiting for the reveal that felix rents out a few condos (reasonable rates, just enough to cover the mortgage)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I just found it very grating to hear Felix bitch about wearing a mask at the gym while I was wearing one every day at my manual labor job

Felix's actions/opinions basically make sense if I think of him as "the most blessed and spoiled version of myself imaginable."

When your life is really good, you start to be more bothered by trivial things (like wearing a mask in the gym). You essentially become addicted to good feelings, and being subject to any sort of bad time or inconvenience feels much worse. During the relatively brief period when my life was good in college, I would get upset over the dumbest poo poo that I absolutely wouldn't care about now.

edit: I don't really dislike Felix though, I still think he's the funniest chapo (even though he misses a lot, he's still probably responsible for like 90% of the times the podcast has made me laugh) and I feel disappointed when he's not on an episode. But he's absolutely the chapo most likely to start renting out condos (like that other poster mentioned).

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Jan 27, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

I thought it had to be a bit at first, like his ironic "drunk driving is good"

Same, it felt like a bit the first few times but after awhile youncould tell he was genuinely mad about it just zero difference between him and the people that demanded Applebees open up. I think eventually they convinced him he sounded like a whiney bitch about it because it did become a bit in their last D&D game

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

I dont really think it should be controversial at all to point out the the general way restrictions were selectively relaxed in 2021-2022 was in many cases paradoxical and absurd.

yep. people just love being mad at podcasters.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yep. people just love being mad at podcasters.

Felix clearly uses the forums all day, he has access to the same COVID thread as you or I

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Felix's actions/opinions basically make sense if I think of him as "the most blessed and spoiled version of myself imaginable."

When your life is really good, you start to be more bothered by trivial things (like wearing a mask in the gym). You essentially become addicted to good feelings, and being subject to any sort of bad time or inconvenience feels much worse. During the relatively brief period when my life was good in college, I would get upset over the dumbest poo poo that I absolutely wouldn't care about now.

Well yeah thats what made it especially annoying as I listen to chapo while at work and him bitching about having to wear a mask while I'm on someone floor trying to fix a heater valve sweating so much my mask gets soaked with it didn't make me very charitable towards him

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

biden said covid was over not my problem dont care

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

did you get to the greaseman one? it's so good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

idk waht teh covid insane people are going on about but felix is annoying

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

his voice is hard to listen to especially when he works himself up

That’s antisemitism

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

he just sounds american

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KomradeX posted:

Well yeah thats what made it especially annoying as I listen to chapo while at work and him bitching about having to wear a mask while I'm on someone floor trying to fix a heater valve sweating so much my mask gets soaked with it didn't make me very charitable towards him

Yeah, it's definitely unpleasant to listen to, because him being semi-self-aware about it doesn't make it less obnoxious.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Amber was really great on Chapo because she actually pushed back against things they would say, even if she wasn't always right. Chapo is fine overall but they definitely need a break or something as they're barely able to wring out an episode out of twitter or an article these days.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Trillbillies recently had on an American labor historian to talk about how the American healthcare industry developed in places like Pittsburgh, and the coal mining south.

https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1618706870872707073

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Amber was really great on Chapo because she actually pushed back against things they would say, even if she wasn't always right. Chapo is fine overall but they definitely need a break or something as they're barely able to wring out an episode out of twitter or an article these days.

the recent reading series have been fine at least

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Any millisecond that isn't a reading series is lost potential

I legit wonder if an all reading series spinoff would do better than the normal slop

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

I legit wonder if an all reading series spinoff would do better than the normal slop

whenever they do a reading series ep it pisses off all the extremely earnest dsa types who still listen for some reason

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

seems like mcardle's in a content drought

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i say swears online posted:

seems like mcardle's in a content drought

Imagine the type of person who not only would read those but gladly pay to do so

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNRBSCfzqro

stav keeping at it, good to see

but dear Lord, when you see him on profile

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Honest Thief posted:

stav keeping at it, good to see

but dear Lord, when you see him on profile

He needs to lay off the coke/liquor. He used to be cute even when he was fat but he looks like poo poo and partying hard/aging is making him carry a lot of weight in the face.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Dmitri-9 posted:

He needs to lay off the coke/liquor. He used to be cute even when he was fat but he looks like poo poo and partying hard/aging is making him carry a lot of weight in the face.

prob projecting a bit but I don't know how he could keep doing what he does without coke/liquor

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Dmitri-9 posted:

I was going to find some pics but they're absolutely buried in his lovely clearly professionally run IG feed now, but yeah you roll back the clock like 6 years and he was absolutely just a hair under regular obese. Stupid dad and stupid basketball game.

Also when trying to google I ended up seeing this and lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
okay AI is clearly just pulling images from google now

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Stavros really trying to be legitimate is a really weird thing to see after years of being an internet scumbag.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I liked the SVU episode. Kaths mic clears up once they get into it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Quotey posted:

I liked the SVU episode. Kaths mic clears up once they get into it.

same, i doint know what felix was thinking when he started talking about black on black crime in the middle of the episode though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fbi crime stats? big yikes from me dog :yikes:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

same, i doint know what felix was thinking when he started talking about black on black crime in the middle of the episode though

oh no

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's definitely unpleasant to listen to, because him being semi-self-aware about it doesn't make it less obnoxious.

It was extremely obnoxious and I was glad when he knocked it off.

He was good on tbe SVU episode at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

that weird tangent felix went on about how the police are working class was a lil sus but good ep.