Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Other than high/low intensity, “the only map condition is power supply interruption” seems to have been replaced with “no map conditions anywhere.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Is there anything the electric 2h mace can't stun in a maximum of 2 empowered hits, except bosses? Cause it sure works on everything else I've swung it at so far, mostly in 1 hit.

This thing is amazing and by far my favorite zealot weapon so far. Don't really like the attack angles of the chainsword(s).

I love the mauler, it's a great weapon, and overall I think it does the hammer's job better than the hammer, with the sole exception of bosses, which the hammer obliterates. I will say it shares one of the hammer's weaknesses, which is that you need to remember that controlling an enemy is not the same as killing an enemy, so slowing your forward momentum just to make sure the guys you knocked over are actually dead is critical, but that's a bigger issue for the hammer than the mauler.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Evil Kit posted:

Not anymore, it's really noticable. Suppression is now a valid tactic to stop them shooting at you, and this includes both gunner variants which will now stop shooting to cower if you suppress them enough.

Yeah I was running a recon lasgun last night with two flame psykers and a bloop ogryn, and I noticed that I was suppressing a ton of enemies, and my teammates noticed as much.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I thought people were exaggerating on the 'complete secondaries on specific map' weeklies, but after checking pretty consistently to this point I still have 2/6. Learned my lesson going forward. So having the option to reroll again but it just not doing anything is working as intended?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
IIRC you can only reroll 3 times before the option unceremoniously breaks itself

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Contracts are so bad.

They should be cross-account, first of all, so that you have stuff like, 'finish 3 missions as Zealot' or whatever which would encourage different kinds of play. In a world where getting the weapon you wanted wasn't a chore you could also have, 'Complete 3 missions with any type of Axe' to spice things up - stuff that changes how you play but doesn't gently caress up your team the way Penances do. Specific map contracts are fine, but they should be one-and-done low-payout affairs. Have contracts for using specific feats.

Basically you want to thread the needle between 'things I was going to do anyway' and 'things that I can only complete with massive RNG and hours and hours of play'. Right now the ideal contract is, 'Kill 750 X with Y' because you're going to accomplish it without even thinking. Likewise, "complete 25 missions" isn't hard but it's like 12 hours of playtime in one week. 'Collect X # of books' sucks but 'Complete all secondary objectives on X map' is the absolute worst, and why you can't just finish the contract with one completion I have no idea.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Yeah, one I have this week is "Complete 6 objectives in Hab Dreyko". I've played several missions and Hab Dreyko hasn't appeared on the list at any difficulty level. And I got that after multiple re-rolls of collect 25 grimiores/scriptures. A lot of my ordo dockets go to re-rolls so I have a few that I'll actually have time to complete in a week.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Realistically the only way I can possibly imagine finishing those without being extremely lucky is to play the game like you're on-call or some poo poo and drop what you're doing when that appears. I have no doubt it's going to be changed with what they alluded to in some of their notes this week, so thankfully it's lifespan is gonna be limited.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Melkbux are both difficult to get and there's nothing good to spend them on, so running challenges seems like a bad use of time until one or both of those things change

edit: really melkbux should be for cosmetics and dockets should only be for weapons, and just make the docket shop at least 2x bigger

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 27, 2023

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Revive is a top tier Curio buff.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I would adore a unified inventory - or at the least a melkbucks/weekly pool.
I got almost 5k bucks on my vet and havent ever seen anything useful for sale - where my ogryn regular has nice cleavers and curios I can never afford.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Toughness Regeneration was "fixed" in the last patch on curios and currently got broken so instead of like ending up with 1.6x total regen, if you have 3 20% curios you get 1.2+1.2+1.2 = 3.6x regen or some poo poo so Ogryns running it are regenning very strongly rn. I dunno if hunting these specific curios is recommended as this seems like it'll get refixed in an upcoming patch but get it while the gettings good.

I saw an ogryn on my team fully regen his entire bar in less than a second less than a second after breaking enemy contact and getting into coherency to start the regen.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
This game has ruined shooters as a genre for me. Every time I load up another FPS, I keep strafe-hopping like an idiot, or cancelling a sprint with a crouch. Fat Shark, you've ruined my gaming life!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Typical Pubbie posted:

This game has ruined shooters as a genre for me. Every time I load up another FPS, I keep strafe-hopping like an idiot, or cancelling a sprint with a crouch. Fat Shark, you've ruined my gaming life!

I was using rampart's minigun in apex and I kept trying to sideways dodge while revved up like I had the twin stubba in darktide.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Stanley Pain posted:

Anyone seeing any performance regressions? Hitting sub 60 right now. Was running around 70-80 before the patch.

Crash on map load seems to be fixed for me though. :smith:

have you fixed this or found something about it?

there are notable drops for me as well, might be the mage character causing the issue because since the patch player count playing mage also went through the roof.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wow Lights Out mode loving sucks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haldolium posted:

have you fixed this or found something about it?

there are notable drops for me as well, might be the mage character causing the issue because since the patch player count playing mage also went through the roof.

I did a clean install of my video card drivers, uninstalled the game, and nuked it's directory in my Steam Library + appdata. It's helped for the most part. There are still some parts of maps that cause dips into 40 FPS territory though :(.

Burning_Monk posted:

I think you mean it's the best. It's almost like playing a Resident Evil game.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Burning_Monk posted:

I really love it, though it makes QP particularly interesting because you don't necessarily know you're going to get it--though that doesn't matter to me 'cause I'm not gonna bring a flashlight anyway. I'd just like to know that I'm going in to it so I can actively choose to let the Emperor guide my path.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Maybe I just had a bad experience. Dropped into the middle of a mission with my friend. Someone was already there and started yelling at us to not attack the horde that was surrounding and pummeling us because "I'm doing a penance." Immediately drops when third person joins and we defend ourselves.

Avoided the first two Daemonhosts but fourth new guy runs into one... While a horde attacks. Two down, ready for rescue. Guy drops, only me and two Ogryns left, I have a light in my lasgun, I'm also a melee focused Zealot. Rush to rescue my teammates, run into a horde.

This was after we spent a full 5 minutes trying to figure out which way to go as we started in the middle of the mission and only one (me) had any kind of light.

We didn't make it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Burning_Monk posted:

It's fantastic.

Unless you're one of the chucklefucks that refuses to have a good weapon with a flashlight in their pocket, or use the one you do have to help the others who don't (like the gentle Ogryns) then you're on your own.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Burning_Monk posted:

Maybe I just had a bad experience. Dropped into the middle of a mission with my friend. Someone was already there and started yelling at us to not attack the horde that was surrounding and pummeling us because "I'm doing a penance." Immediately drops when third person joins and we defend ourselves.

Avoided the first two Daemonhosts but fourth new guy runs into one... While a horde attacks. Two down, ready for rescue. Guy drops, only me and two Ogryns left, I have a light in my lasgun, I'm also a melee focused Zealot. Rush to rescue my teammates, run into a horde.

This was after we spent a full 5 minutes trying to figure out which way to go as we started in the middle of the mission and only one (me) had any kind of light.

We didn't make it.

yeah this sounds like it would've been bad with or without the modifier, you should definitely give it another spin

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Seems kind of bad that they have a mode that has a real possibility of no one having the ability to navigate the map.

I'll probably give it another try, because I like pain and play with Quick matches. But doing a couple normal runs after was a great palate cleaners from that stinker.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lights Out is pretty fun!

But it certainly helps if you've played the maps already that you already know where you're going, with or without a flashlight. Sounds like you got into a bit of a hosed mission though. One thing to remember: flashlights wake up Daemonhosts if you point it at them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Lights Out is fun but only every once in a while in my opinion.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
My first Lights Out mission was right after they added Demonhosts. My team walked right over one. We had no idea what hit us. It was great! I wish the game had more moments like that. It's a frustrating mode to play if you haven't memorized the maps. Fat Shark should restrict it to Malice and above.

edit: Or not. It's cool how mean this game is sometimes.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 28, 2023

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Regarding Hotshot guns, I'd figure a backpack Hellgun would work best as the 'special ability' for a hypothetical Scion/Kasrkin/Stormtrooper class, in a similar vein to Vermintide's Dwarf Engineer.

Give it fantastic stats all around alongside a heat/charging mechanic to manage during a mission, then give the player some talent options to further kit out the gun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/10msmmj/hedge_confirmed_genestealer_cults_as_next_content/

Genestealer Cult confirmed.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Burning_Monk posted:

We didn't make it.

that sounds like the typical bad pubby experience regardless of map modifier really. Its not surprising but still annoying Fatshark put in Penances that actively destroy game sessions because someone has to be a dick.

Lights Out is great otherwise.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Apparently when they were retuning the psyker block passives they also made it so you can't revive under gunfire with deflector anymore?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Hello loading screen, maybe you'll let me actually get into the hub after 10 drat minutes?

Ah well, at least some of me got in

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

haldolium posted:

that sounds like the typical bad pubby experience regardless of map modifier really. Its not surprising but still annoying Fatshark put in Penances that actively destroy game sessions because someone has to be a dick.

Lights Out is great otherwise.

It's funny because it was probably a zealot trying to do the "kill 40 things in a stun grenade" and probably didn't know friendlies can also help with it.

Also there are better places to do it that mid mission.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:sickos:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I will come back for that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lights out is super atmospheric, which is a big thing in games for me (this plays in with the fantastic audio design). When I play my zealot I always run the flamethrower. :flame: The lighting engine in this game is spectacular, especially with RT on.

I love it when there's another flamer on the team. Sometimes it's just fun to watch things get roasted.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The level 30 cutscene as Ogryn is great, because I assume your character is completely oblivious to the supposed tension in the scene

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

that genestealer thing is just a meme not actual confirmation

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Lore question: what are genestealers? Sounds like a ripoff from Dune.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tyranid melee jerks. Kinda Xenomorphy.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Anti-Hero posted:

Lore question: what are genestealers? Sounds like a ripoff from Dune.

Like most things 40k, there's a short wiki article about them.

Basically human-looking Tyranids that are sent out ahead of the main fleet to sow disorder and make it easier to absorb the planet's biomass when the fleet arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I was gonna buy this game (darktide, that is) and then i saw that steam reviews are "mostly negative" with people making GBS threads on it all over the place. So I figured I'd ask here for a sanity check...