Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals are not going to take a TE in the first round. I’m mocking this mock draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doltos posted:

Yea but I was totally wrong about Olave the guy looks awesome in the league.

We both were—I thought he was Agholor but it turns out it was actually as effortless as it looks for him!

Overpaying for golden tate still holds up as a good burn though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

SKULL.GIF posted:

This one is... interesting. https://theathletic.com/4097059/2023/01/17/2023-nfl-mock-draft-dane-brugler/

The actual mock for anyone who doesn't have a subscription:

Richardson would be awful for the Lions. I haven't done much reading on non-TE/WR prospects but I don't think Van Ness is projected as a first-rounder.

If jalin Hyatt is available in the second round I will jizz in my pants.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This draft seems to lineup with the Lions needs.

Good for interior d-linemen, good for slot receivers, good for corners. Interesting QBs potentially available in all rounds.

Pick up the above and a linebacker and a guard and Holmes had himself a great draft.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

same, op

He shorter, but bigger, than Jameson Williams

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Got our first WR props available. I thought QJ would be the favorite so I was surprised to see him second. Maybe the championship game left a bad taste in peoples’ mouths but the further we get the less they’ll care. Will probably sprinkle a bit here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

If he's on the board and the Chargers don't grab him at 21, I will be angry

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Big Jesus posted:

Got our first WR props available. I thought QJ would be the favorite so I was surprised to see him second. Maybe the championship game left a bad taste in peoples’ mouths but the further we get the less they’ll care. Will probably sprinkle a bit here.

Best bet for sure is Hyatt.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can you degenerates please not gamble on draft picks let alone ones that are 4 months away

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Doltos posted:

Can you degenerates please not gamble on draft picks let alone ones that are 4 months away

FFPC 2023 best ball drafts have already started. Even I ain't that bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lmao at the Chiefs taking JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA when mother loving Hyatt is on the board.

Especially since he did all his damage in the slot and the Chiefs already drafted Skyy Moore for that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

JSN is awesome though and probably much better than Skyy Moore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We don't need that we need speed. Pure, unadulterated speed.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The Big Jesus posted:

I thought Odunze was going to the UW?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

He's ours

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Is MVS not working out?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is MVS not working out?

He’s what everyone thought he was. WR3 material maybe. Not worth 10 million a year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Lmao at the Chiefs taking JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA when mother loving Hyatt is on the board.

Especially since he did all his damage in the slot and the Chiefs already drafted Skyy Moore for that.

I don't really buy JSN as a slot guy only. They used him a lot on deep routes and out of the backfield. He's definitely got the suddenness of a slot but you could realistically have him in the X or move him around like Waddle.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sounds like the Texans and Colts will be bidding against each other for the Bears' pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sounds like the Texans and Colts will be bidding against each other for the Bears' pick.

Why not trade with both!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Just more lmao that Houston did the duty in the last week to lose the number 1 pick.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I hate Lovie Smith.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The evaluation gap between 1 and 2 most be impressively big

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The evaluation gap between 1 and 2 most be impressively big

If you aren’t willing to take the risk on Bryce’s size, yeah. Levis is a Tannehill style pick where you’re projecting fixes on a lot of things with ball placement, feel, timing, reads. CJ can execute like 90% of the concepts you want on accuracy right now—just a matter of him reading at NFL speeds and not missing pre-snap pressure/running backwards.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I gotta think that if the Chicago Bears are smart - which lol. You'd trade with the texans first and get extra picks and then you call indianapolis and say "hey we're getting calls about the number 2 overall, what do you want to offer?" and get extra picks right?

Unless in the scouting community everyone in the league is all in on one of the prospects and the other 2 of the big three are far behind?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If Indy is trying to move up to #1 to jump Houston, I have to think it would be to take Young. If Houston takes him, I doubt Indy would still want to give up a lot to move up two spots to take their second choice. At that point I think Ballard just lets it ride and sees if someone they like is still there at 4.

Worth noting that the Bears GM and Ballard have worked together before. I don't think there's going to be a lot of shenanigans going on there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is young that far ahead of the other two?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Indy moves to 1 I think they take Stroud personally

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Is young that far ahead of the other two?

Stroud/Young
Levi’s

If you can’t deal with Young’s body, Stroud is it man.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Considering the current stigma surrounding an undersized Bama QB that showed signs of extreme promise... I have to think that it's Stroud. But hey never know

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

Stroud/Young
Levi’s

If you can’t deal with Young’s body, Stroud is it man.

that's pretty impressive for pants

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Colts want Levis or Stroud. I dunno who would be the favorite between them, but I think Levis.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

My favorite mock drafts are the ones where a NON-Colts team trades up to 1 for Levis

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I have no idea why people are projecting Levis to the Colts. They don’t even have a coach yet, surely whoever they hire will have opinions and input.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I have no idea why people are projecting Levis to the Colts. They don’t even have a coach yet, surely whoever they hire will have opinions and input.

It seems to be just the fact that he's a bigger more durable body type compared to the other two and has more of a plus arm than stroud. He's for sure the more raw prospect of the three from what I can see out there though. I still think if Geno re-signs with the seahawks that pick becomes the target for a lot of teams as well.

Its going to be like this for weeks before the dominoes begin to fall though I guess.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

It seems to be just the fact that he's a bigger more durable body type compared to the other two and has more of a plus arm than stroud. He's for sure the more raw prospect of the three from what I can see out there though. I still think if Geno re-signs with the seahawks that pick becomes the target for a lot of teams as well.

I get that, I just don’t know where the Colts=big toolsy white guy stuff is coming from. Ballard has taken one QB since he’s been there and that was in the fourth round, so it’s not like he has a lot of history to draw on. And there’s no telling what the incoming staff will want in a prospect. It just feels lazy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I get that, I just don’t know where the Colts=big toolsy white guy stuff is coming from. Ballard has taken one QB since he’s been there and that was in the fourth round, so it’s not like he has a lot of history to draw on. And there’s no telling what the incoming staff will want in a prospect. It just feels lazy.

Yeah its like one of those things I mentioned earlier in the thread, is there actual smoke or is it just some idiot with a twitter account that has something of a following creating a rumour that gets perpetuated.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BlindSite posted:

Yeah its like one of those things I mentioned earlier in the thread, is there actual smoke or is it just some idiot with a twitter account that has something of a following creating a rumour that gets perpetuated.

There's nothing to it, it's too early for visit tracking or anything like that, and the Colts FO typically doesn't leak when it comes to draft stuff. This is purely just people thinking "Colts=big white guy"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also it's going by Ballard's past drafts where he usually takes guys who maybe aren't polished but have good athletic talent and measurables. Levis fits that profile pretty well.

I think they'd be happy with any of the three, but my guess is the preference is Stroud or Levis over Young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
PFF has the Colts trading up to 1 for Levis in their mock so we can let that dumb idea die now.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-colts-trade-will-levis-raiders-cj-stroud