Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

ploots fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is cool, I'd love to see a more abstracted version up closer

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Reminds me of a favourite of my own photos:

Megabound posted:

This is cool, I'd love to see a more abstracted version up closer

Same

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

trying to get back into photography

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Really like this one.

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Really like this one.

Thank you - my first time out with the XT-5 with the 16-80 f/4 kit lens. Coming off the Canon M50 it’s a lot of camera, the ibis is out of this world.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ric posted:

Reminds me of a favourite of my own photos:

Same

I want to reshoot this with a tripod...

Up close and personal to the snow and all that

This is awesome! :sun:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Joshua Tree National Park-8 by Will King, on Flickr

Newport Landing Whale Watching-12 by Will King, on Flickr

Astra Lumina-5 by Will King, on Flickr

Hollywood-1 by Will King, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Dunno if this fits the thread, but I've been experimenting with slit scan and just have to post my results somewhere :shrug:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I wouldn't define slit scan as low effort but it's in the eye of the poster so go ahead. Anyway, looks rad!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
picked up a current gen google pixel this year and having a blast with the camera. unreal whats possible from a phone these days

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, phone cameras are wild now.

I like this

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

South Carolina State Pinball Championship 2023-70 by Will King, on Flickr

South Carolina State Pinball Championship 2023-71 by Will King, on Flickr

South Carolina State Pinball Championship 2023-111 by Will King, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

:hmmyes:

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 26, 2023

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

burexas.irom posted:

Dunno if this fits the thread, but I've been experimenting with slit scan and just have to post my results somewhere :shrug:

This is awesome, how do you set it up?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

The source is this video of a tiny rubber hand holding a Kinder egg racoon toy (just wanted to mix textures) hanging from a string and rotating.

I flipped it and wrote a processing script to generate a video where each subsequent row of pixels is delayed by one frame from the previous. What I posted was a still from that video. I learned to code to do that, so maybe it isn't so much low effort, but I'm at the experiment stage still so this seemed like the chill place to post.

I also wrote another script which switches the x coordinate with time, and which gives really interesting results but I have to get some appropriate not-my-makeshift-desktop-studio source footage to make it shine. I'll probably make a thread when I have something cool to show. Here's a taste of it from the same source footage as above (but rotated 90 degrees):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjETmDFM0mk

Though it gives wildly different otherworldly results depending on the type, speed and quantity of motion in the source footage.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I like that. Do more of these with other real world combined objects.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

burexas.irom posted:

The source is this video of a tiny rubber hand holding a Kinder egg racoon toy (just wanted to mix textures) hanging from a string and rotating.

I flipped it and wrote a processing script to generate a video where each subsequent row of pixels is delayed by one frame from the previous. What I posted was a still from that video. I learned to code to do that, so maybe it isn't so much low effort, but I'm at the experiment stage still so this seemed like the chill place to post.

I also wrote another script which switches the x coordinate with time, and which gives really interesting results but I have to get some appropriate not-my-makeshift-desktop-studio source footage to make it shine. I'll probably make a thread when I have something cool to show. Here's a taste of it from the same source footage as above (but rotated 90 degrees):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjETmDFM0mk

Though it gives wildly different otherworldly results depending on the type, speed and quantity of motion in the source footage.

This is loving great, I would never have dreamed of something like this and I want to do it too!

tuyop fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 27, 2023

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

bobmarleysghost posted:

I like that. Do more of these with other real world combined objects.

Eh, that's kinda been done to death, mostly with flowers, what with their shapes and colors. Just google slit scan flower and you'll see tons of that. I'm trying to do other stuff with the effect now.

tuyop posted:

This is loving great, I would never have dreamed of something like this and I want to do it too!

And now you can! I don't wanna poo poo up this thread anymore because now I'm making an effort. :) Slit scan thread, with code, is thataway:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022686

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
whoops I accidentally created an AI horror in camera

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I would still pet it.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Some farm land near me has some fun old buildings

I don't know if I prefer the colour or the black and white so I will just post both

Some more from my Brighton trip last year.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

A Foggy Night in Charleston 2023-18 by Will King, on Flickr

A Foggy Night in Charleston 2023-25 by Will King, on Flickr

A Foggy Night in Charleston 2023-41 by Will King, on Flickr

Ridgeville-6 by Will King, on Flickr

Ridgeville-7 by Will King, on Flickr

Ridgeville-10 by Will King, on Flickr

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

went on a walk with a new/cheap 24mm canon prime

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Adding to the maritime feel

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

We got a theme goin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Modern Atlantis