Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

davidHalestorm posted:

Yes, regardless of the quality of the adaptation, Netflix has shown that they will cancel a show if it's not immediately become extremely popular. Like that Sandman show, I heard it's good from the reviewers I trust but there's no confirmation that Netflix is going to continue with that show.

EDIT

Personally for this adaptation, I just hope for the best, but expecting the worst (CGI)

I would like to say that they confirmed there would be more

But they also said Inside Job was getting a season 2 and then they cancelled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bleck posted:

The show needs to last until Thriller Bark so I can play Brook.

You don't have the guts to do it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Len posted:

I would like to say that they confirmed there would be more

But they also said Inside Job was getting a season 2 and then they cancelled it.

it technically got a season 2. can't believe it was so expensive they cancelled it though

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
something i just noticed:
all? of the characters named after greek gods (heracles, zeus, poseidon) are strawhat allies
all of the characters named after roman versions do not seem to be as of this moment

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

anime was right posted:

all? of the characters named after greek gods (heracles, zeus, poseidon) are strawhat allies
all of the characters named after roman versions do not seem to be as of this moment

huh, neat. and the roman ones in OP world maybe "took over" after the greek ones in OP world, kinda similar to RL

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

anime was right posted:

King Neptune ya dingus

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ah dangit, thank u.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
New prediction: Neptune betrays the straw hats

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

anime was right posted:

Hera (Zeus's replacement) isn't an ally nor is Prometheus.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

my straw hats

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It never gets old.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:sickos:

I love it whenever this happens.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It would probably ultimately just piss fans off more than it'd be appreciated, but they should absolutely do a lengthy filler arc with that "crew" to give the anime some breathing room from the manga

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Last we saw them most of them were being buried alive, right?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The cover arcs apparently pissed fans off enough they only did two of them. What I'm saying is gently caress the fans, just do it.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The cover arcs apparently pissed fans off enough they only did two of them. What I'm saying is gently caress the fans, just do it.

Is there citation for fans only wanting original filler and never canon adaptations?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The somewhat more reasonable version I heard (and have no citation for) was that they had especially low ratings.

Presumably if people didn't see Luffy they thought it was just pointless filler and turned it off. So naturally they replace the interesting cover arcs with actual cheap filler featuring Luffy and company and get better ratings and the rest is history.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I started playing Odyssey again, still in Alabasta (it's a really long sequence). I had to do a double take when they find the bomb and Nami mentioned that the original killed someone. They're of course referring to Pell, who is alive, but I forgot that Nami has no reason to believe Pell survived.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Eiba posted:

Presumably if people didn't see Luffy they thought it was just pointless filler and turned it off.

Ok so maybe there wouldn't be any issue with my idea then

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arist posted:

I started playing Odyssey again, still in Alabasta (it's a really long sequence). I had to do a double take when they find the bomb and Nami mentioned that the original killed someone. They're of course referring to Pell, who is alive, but I forgot that Nami has no reason to believe Pell survived.

it is kind of funny to sometimes take a step back and realize how much of what we see is just never seen by the majority of the straw hats, least of which luffy, and sometimes even a step above that not seen by anyone else.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

For half the characters that will show up for the final battle, Luffy will have no idea who they are.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Crosspeice posted:

For half the characters that will show up for the final battle, Luffy will have no idea who they are.

Some of whom Luffy has met multiple times

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Crosspeice posted:

Buggy will show up, and Luffy will remember who he is, but won't be able to recall his name or anything about him.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Anyone seen the theory that Pell lost his legs and Oda is hiding how they're missing like he was hiding the P in Punk Records?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
buggy is going to show up and luffy will be like "oh hey, it's the guy with the Buggy Ball, whatshisface"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a point in Odyssey where a bounty is a guy who is obsessed with the lion trainer from the Buggy Pirates. Nami has to continually explain to Luffy who that is, and when she exasperatedly tells him that he was part of the Buggy Pirates, Luffy's reaction is :confused:

It's wonderful :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Delphisage posted:

Anyone seen the theory that Pell lost his legs and Oda is hiding how they're missing like he was hiding the P in Punk Records?

Weird theory considering the entirety of the reveal that he's alive is him walking/standing.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's wild how little some characters know about what each other have done.

Like how every time Buggy's name comes up half the Straw Hats have no idea who he is. Or like, Robin not mentioning that Coby was kidnapped by Blackbeard cause at best she might recognize him as one of the random marines that was standing behind Garp at Water 7.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
If they ever meet up with Vivi again then Robin is going to have a whole lot of explaining to do.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

If they ever meet up with Vivi again then Robin is going to have a whole lot of explaining to do.

I do remember there being a page where Vivi saw the Straw Hat roster in a newspaper and was basically like "Eh if Luffy trusts her that's fine with me"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be completely fair, Vivi was also a member of Baroque Works.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Drakkel posted:

I do remember there being a page where Vivi saw the Straw Hat roster in a newspaper and was basically like "Eh if Luffy trusts her that's fine with me"
That's Vivi being okay with Luffy's decision. There's still going to have to be a pretty meaningful exchange between Vivi and Robin. Like that time Nami confronted and then forgave Jimbei for his responsibility for Arlong.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

jimbei was completely innocent. the perfect pirate crew.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004