Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Clemson cannot keep getting away with this, goddamn

Florida State just chucking a win in the garbage there

I feel confident in Virginia winning the league but Clemson keeps bullshitting their way to wins and I don’t know anything anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The real and good UT is just destroying the bad and fake UT

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia and South Carolina are no one's idea of a good time, but this is a billion times worse because Every. Single. Play. has been reviewed. Tie-ups? Reviewed? Potential flagrants? At least two reviewed. And there are too many timeouts.

loving hell, throw him the ball on the free throw and let's move on. This game is already in a stupid overtime.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I'd say change the thread title because duke isnt even good anymore but also lol duke isnt even good anymore

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OPAONI posted:

I'd say change the thread title because duke isnt even good anymore but also lol duke isnt even good anymore

not until cameron is demolished and the ground it stands on salted imo

(they did double up Georgia Tech today which means the Yellow Jackets turned in the league's most embarrassing performance on a day that Louisville played)

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I know the Zed Key injury took wind out of their sails, but he is back and Ohio State is still real bad.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

More like Disassembly Hall

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1619522432787943424

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I've only been able to watch the last couple minutes of the UK-KU game but it looks to have gone about how I expected. I thought UK could keep it close with their revamped lineup, but I knew Kansas was better than their recent 3 game skid.

Kentucky really could have used a quad 1 win. They're playing better recently and should be in the tournament but that loss go South Carolina is going to really hurt the seeding.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Holy poo poo we have won two conference games in a row!

PEAKIN AT THE RIGHT TIME BABY

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

In Waco to watch the hogs today, just hoping to not get embarrassed :toot:

We’ll

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BTFU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The last several seasons Purdue's had Michigan State at home for this CBS game, and they've usually blown them out. So far, so good on that front today.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
LMAO Izzo finally gets a T

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey is outrageous

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Edey is outrageous

Very strange he got checked out and checked back in this late in the game. Sat for a defensive possession.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

PotatoJudge posted:

Very strange he got checked out and checked back in this late in the game. Sat for a defensive possession.

Yeah I didn't like that - zero reason to risk him being out there so late

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Painter said he did it cuz MSU checked their bigs in as a response to Edey sitting, which lol. I hate it because he had 69 against Sparty this season but got another point after checking back in.

Should be unanimous #1 going into a week with a game at IU. I do not want to see that loving court stormed.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

:same:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

And the women's team takes down #2 OSU, great day for the Boilers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Iowa just owns rutgers

12/24 from from 3 lol.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Glad to see Tennessee moving way up because 1) they deserve it, and 2) if they're a different seed than Purdue the committee will 100% put us in the same region and no thank you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m happy Tennessee is up to #2 but that just means we’ll get smoked by Auburn this weekend. But also because I’ll be at the game. I can’t remember the last time I saw us win anything in person.

Also lol a Purdue fan being worried about Tennessee

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
when I think "ACC basketball," I think late January Monday nighters in Syracuse, New York

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 31, 2023

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m happy Tennessee is up to #2 but that just means we’ll get smoked by Auburn this weekend. But also because I’ll be at the game. I can’t remember the last time I saw us win anything in person.
Auburn kinda looks not great so idk about that

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

when I think "ACC basketball," I think late January Monday nighters in Syracuse, New York

Ugly game but a win is a win.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

get hosed Boeheim

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

seeding is going to be wild this year because there are so many good teams in the Big 12 and Big Ten and (Purdue excepted) they're just all beating the poo poo out of each other

the bubble too, there's just not very many mid-majors making a case for themselves this year so the committee has a chance to really gently caress up their power conference choices

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 31, 2023

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

seeding is going to be wild this year because there are so many good teams in the Big 12 and Big Ten and (Purdue excepted) they're just all beating the poo poo out of each other

On a similar but potentially hilarious note the fraud potential of the ACC is immense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/briannnnf/status/1620520646542508032

3 billion dollars a year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Of all the places to gently caress up, Clemson chooses BC? Ok sure

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Big Ten continues eating itself alive.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Big Ten continues eating itself alive.

Iowa has remembered how to shoot, you never know if you're going to get good Illinois or bad Illinois, Penn State can hit 30 3s against you, Maryland can make the game super ugly against you. The middle of the conference is such a crab bucket this year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Tonight Louisville hosts a Georgia Tech team playing their worst basketball of a bad year. Kenpom gives them the Cardinals a 40% chance of winning, definitely the highest they’re going to see this year. (After this they get BC at home on the weekend and that’s probably the end of their window for a conference win.)

Meanwhile the ACC is down enough this year that it’s in danger of dropping below the Mountain West in overall conference strength.

elentar fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 1, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Tonight Louisville hosts a Georgia Tech team playing their worst basketball of a bad year. Kenpom gives them the Cardinals a 40% chance of winning, definitely the highest they’re going to see this year. (After this they get BC at home on the weekend and that’s probably the end of their window for a conference win.)

Meanwhile the ACC is down enough this year that it’s in danger of dropping below the Mountain West in overall conference strength.

I know Tech is broke, but a wet cardboard box could coach better than Josh Pastner.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol I was such a fool to be worried about the Auburn game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mason Gillis loving rules

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Mason Gillis loving rules

A season's worth of returning to the mean in one night.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols are stinking it up in Gainesville. This team is so hot and cold, you never know what team will show up.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/LouisvilleMBB/status/1620968090833145856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well that was ugly. This team is so all over the place