Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hmmm
I dont like the turn with Tsumiki, there was no lead up to it and it doesnt feel 'earned'. Its an overly cruel fate to deal to the siblings and it doesnt sit well with me at all. not to mention that the entire first part of the culling game arc was all to save tsumiki, and the rug pull hurts.

Sukuna's play however, weve had that hanging over our heads for so drat long now and this is what it turns out to be.
this complete swerve, goddamn you maginificent bastard, sukuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

holy poo poo this loving rules

what a fantastic loving twist. It makes total sense too with everything Sukuna's done involving him so far since the very beginning.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

loving WHAT

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Oh maybe we will get megumis sister as an interesting new protagonist

insta killed by reincarnated sorcerer! gege has done it again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Oh maybe we will get megumis sister as an interesting new protagonist

insta killed by reincarnated sorcerer! gege has done it again

they set up angel for a reason, I think they're gonna try and separate megumi and his sister from their incarnations in spite of the risk

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

they set up angel for a reason, I think they're gonna try and separate megumi and his sister from their incarnations in spite of the risk

is Angel dead or did he just choke her out? Whatever happens he’s not gonna leave her alive, she’s the only one who can stop him or bring Gojo out now.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He can't kill or harm anyone but doesn't stop him from figuring out another way. That or Angel isn't strong enough to actually do anything to him with him free so he doesn't have to care besides taking the backend so they can't unseal geto. I hope comedy man comes to the rescue.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 3, 2023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm not exactly sure why Sukuna waited until this very moment to pull that off. Was it because of the entry/exit rule? Anyone most of the plot has been lost to me since the Culling Game began, I'm mostly following out of vibes (and they have been mostly good so far) lol

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Lily Catts posted:

I'm not exactly sure why Sukuna waited until this very moment to pull that off. Was it because of the entry/exit rule? Anyone most of the plot has been lost to me since the Culling Game began, I'm mostly following out of vibes (and they have been mostly good so far) lol

I think he may know who that person is, and wants to fight them. Can't do that while he's only got a minute.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

ChaseSP posted:

He can't kill or harm anyone but doesn't stop him from figuring out another way. That or Angel isn't strong enough to actually do anything to him with him free so he doesn't have to care besides taking the backend so they can't unseal geto. I hope comedy man comes to the rescue.

he just needed to knock her out (somehow that doesn't count as hurting) for long enough to steal megumi's body, where he's no longer bound by that restriction

also idk was the vow clearer in the japanese, because 'not hurting anyone' surely should include himself too?

as to why sukuna finally made his move - kenjaku having captured tengen and seemingly being ready to start the merger seems to be the most likely cause? or something about who yorozu is? idk

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Did Megumi come to a relevation after his near death fight with Reggie and complete his domain? Maybe he demonstrated something with his technique when the soldiers attacked that indicated he's mastered it or something which was noticed by Sukuna. That was a huge reason for grooming him in the first place. I wonder why Sukuna can't develop the 10 shadows technique himself while in Megumi's body.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lily Catts posted:

The real answer is Sukuna's a massive dick and loves making a bad situation worse

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Megumi you dumbass

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

What does this mean for Yuji, now that Sukuna is out of him? Is he even able to use Jujutsu?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I guess you could make an argument either way -- either he reverts to how he was before (enhanced physical abilities but can't see spirits, can't use black flash and other techniques, etc.), or his exposure to Sukuna set off an irreversible change in him (or released a latent ability). I'd guess it's probably the latter given Yuji's familial history.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I guess you could make an argument either way -- either he reverts to how he was before (enhanced physical abilities but can't see spirits, can't use black flash and other techniques, etc.), or his exposure to Sukuna set off an irreversible change in him (or released a latent ability). I'd guess it's probably the latter given Yuji's familial history.

We still don't really know if any of Sukuna is still with Yuji or not, for all we know Sukuna is now capable of placing tokens in sorcerers so he can use who he wants when he wants. We know from the start of the story he can split himself into lots of parts, but where he choses to manifest may still be variable?

This poo poo is so good.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 3, 2023

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Still wondering if this will be reverted shortly or if the manga is going to end in the next 10 chapters

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

yum posted:

Did Megumi come to a relevation after his near death fight with Reggie and complete his domain? Maybe he demonstrated something with his technique when the soldiers attacked that indicated he's mastered it or something which was noticed by Sukuna. That was a huge reason for grooming him in the first place. I wonder why Sukuna can't develop the 10 shadows technique himself while in Megumi's body.

probably the same reason why kenjaku/geto couldn’t level up CT abilities afrter stealing them

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lily Catts posted:

Sukuna specifically said he had a big plan involving Megumi. I think he knew about Megumi's sister. The minute she's revealed, it's confirmed he can do "his plan" whatever that involves.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Notorious ZSB posted:

We still don't really know if any of Sukuna is still with Yuji or not, for all we know Sukuna is now capable of placing tokens in sorcerers so he can use who he wants when he wants. We know from the start of the story he can split himself into lots of parts, but where he choses to manifest may still be variable?

This poo poo is so good.

From appearances it does not look like it. The Markings on his eyes that Sukuna had always left are gone.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

From appearances it does not look like it. The Markings on his eyes that Sukuna had always left are gone.

This is where the rough art kinda makes it hard for me to notice that right off despite it being something I feel I should have.

I'll also cop to not entirely grasping the mechanics of whats happening in this manga all the time, but the vibes and flow are all cool and good like someone else said.

e: VVV i think that is what i was getting at and I think that remains to be seen, but the databooks says otherwise soooo!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 3, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The minute of guaranteed possession is up though so it's still an open question as to whether only a single instance of Sukuna is allowed to exist despite him having 20 fingers at maximum out in the wild, and if he can transfer himself in this manner.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Hopeful it's established on how hosed in particular things are and we don't go to some OTHER viewpoint instead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

The minute of guaranteed possession is up though so it's still an open question as to whether only a single instance of Sukuna is allowed to exist despite him having 20 fingers at maximum out in the wild, and if he can transfer himself in this manner.

Going by the databook only a single instance of him can exist.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Time for Yuji to troll Sukuna by finding and eating the remaining fingers first.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 3, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fair enough

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is that about how many instances of him can be present in the real world at one time or about how many places his soul can reside if isn't as a cursed object?

I'm still trying to square that with the fact he split his power/soul into 20 digits/pieces and any one of them can cause the possession.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lily Catts posted:

I'm guessing Megumi being emotionally unstable right now from his "sister's" betrayal made him easier to possess or something.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The “eating sukuna finger million and 1 chance to possess the host” could have been A) Jujutsu elders spreading rumors to prevent sukuna from existing or B) a legit thing, but now Sukuna has better control of his soul. B seems most likely, and as the transfer could happen since yuji has eaten most of the fingers. Or maybe that sukuna is conscious and can control his soul.

Also considering death paintings/reincarnated players/etc, I would assume Jujutsu elders were certainly withholding info from most sorcerers.

Also also “the soul” is references a bunch and we still don’t FULLY understand the mechanisms. Considering this is a rulesfight book, I think we will get a good mechanic explanation shortly.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 5, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Viz Release
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-212/chapter/26247?action=read

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The “eating sukuna finger million and 1 chance to possess the host” could have been A) Jujutsu elders spreading rumors to prevent sukuna from existing or B) a legit thing, but now Sukuna has better control of his soul. B seems most likely, and as the transfer could happen since yuji has eaten most of the fingers. Or maybe that sukuna is conscious and can control his soul.

Also considering death paintings/reincarnated players/etc, I would assume Jujutsu elders were certainly withholding info from most sorcerers.

Also also “the soul” is references a bunch and we still don’t FULLY understand the mechanisms. Considering this is a rulesfight book, I think we will get a good mechanic explanation shortly.

Sukuna's also shown a weird amount of interest in Megumi from the start, whatever quality of him that drew Sukuna's attention could also have been that he possessed a body that could withstand incarnation.

Also now's a good time to act for Sukuna since Yuji was about to let Angel kill them both.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Sukuna can choose his vessel, anyone can be a vessel if he decides it. Yuji is special because he can suppress Sukuna against Sukuna's will.

Chapter 55

also, it's time for Takaba to shine.

yum fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 5, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Sukuna have any use for Yuji now? Not that I think the main character is gonna eat it, but Yuji still seems to be the first in line to get shredded. Also real good face of despair at the end there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Without Yuji who else will Sukuna torment?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Great chapter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

TheHan posted:

Without Yuji who else will Sukuna torment?

Sukuna and mahito laughing at yuji’s despair was a top 3 moment in shibuya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

:letsgo: