Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I love how Toby Huss does Ted's voice, especially how he adds weird inflection near the end of sentences, almost at random.

Like, for example, "Khan.... Could you pass me that newspaper oVER there?"

I'm not trying to say a white guy should be voicing anyone of colour, and they should probably change that up going forward, but I still enjoy the work he had done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Dale begins selling his own crypto currency called Gribble-Coin.

Bill goes viral on tictok.

Hank goes to DC on a business trip and accidentally ends up at the insurrection.

Boomhauer buys a tesla.

Bobby gets canceled.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Bobby gets canceled.

This happened like 3 times

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

As I say to anybody who'll listen every time revival news does the rounds, I am extremely eager for King of the Hill to come back, and extremely frightened of what it's going to have to say about trans people or any other group or issue that's become more visible since it left the airwaves.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just can't see how they can reference contemporary issues at all without dragging in all of the modern ugliness that comes with what would be the conservative stance on every issue.

Remember The Goode Family? You are blessed if you do not

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
He managed to reboot Beavis and Butthead without ruining it, in fact it’s some of the best material they’ve had. So hopefully he understands that the appeal of Hank Hill is that he is man with traditional values and not hardcore conservative ones.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The smart move would be to have a KOTH revival be a period piece, the original ended in 2009(discounting 4 episodes not being aired till May 2010), so let's say this revival takes place a couple years later* in 2012-2015, this keeps it far enough in the past that we can dodge most present day issues but close enough to the present that many modern day conveniences/plot elements are still usable

*a timeskip serves multiple purposes here, makes it easier to get rid of Luanne and Lucky**, makes it easier to handwave any other potential status quo changes, and perhaps most importantly aging up Bobby, Connie, and Joseph a couple years(plus Gracie and maybe even GH) opens up new potential plots and generally would freshen things up(not really much else they could do with Bobby as a middle schooler at this point)

**recasting them would be kind of gross, and writing them off as just having moved or something would be just plain lame, so killing them off is basically the only path to take with them

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This happened like 3 times

I remember when he did "racial pride" jokes for a hot second before Buddha told him to steer clear, what were the other times?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
There was the time he abused his position as a student counselor to get a girl to break up with her current boyfriend.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's also just irresponsible with chicken chopped liver
That boy is...wrong.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You could say he's... not right

Aces High posted:

I remember when he did "racial pride" jokes for a hot second before Buddha told him to steer clear, what were the other times?

How many people here are lucky enough to be members of the nordic subgroup of the aryan race? was so funny the first time I heard it I was howling. Not a great way to open a set

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Aces High posted:

That, what Scorched said and him going full Cotton chauvinist spring to mind.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Violently assaulted his father, saw the result and then tried the same on his own mother.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
That was self-defense tho.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
To be fair, it was his purse and he didn't know them.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

To be fair, Hank did leave himself open and he did get popped.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I heard what you did to Chang wassanasong. Very funny. Then I hear about what you did to your father. Unforgiveable! So I am conflicted

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So many ruined groins in that episode...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I heard what you did to Chang wassanasong. Very funny. Then I hear about what you did to your father. Unforgiveable! So I am conflicted

She bluffing! Finish her!

Also, you got Khan’s reactions backwards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It was from a poop I've long lost track of

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Boggle?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Boy, I sure hate Nancy. It's a beautiful day!

YyyyAAy.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was from a poop I've long lost track of

Hank of the Hill

https://youtu.be/PTdxPliBdZs

oil paintings oil painting seaking

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Hank of the Hill

That was definitely not the episode! I have been tricked

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Hank of the Hill

BE THEReeereereeee...rrrrre.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

*musical OOOOOOOOH*

That's definitely my favourite part. Plus, all of the re-enactment.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hedges and clippers and hedges and clippers

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

*musical OOOOOOOOH*

That's definitely my favourite part. Plus, all of the re-enactment.

The oh Suzana melody :laffo:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Danzel Glovington posted:

The oh Suzana melody :laffo:

Yes, that one. I could never remember the tune, but that's it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Let's go, Peggy!"
"AAaAaaaAAAAAaAaaAa!"

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm not trying to say a white guy should be voicing anyone of colour, and they should probably change that up going forward, but I still enjoy the work he had done.
Why not? I guess you're right. Let's just type cast everyone into a role. Stay in your place people, everyone stay with their own kind. They should probably change Bobbie's voice actor too, not cool.

Heaven forbid people portray people.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 6, 2023

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Weird hill to die on but Ok

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I will draw the line at a grown woman voicing a young boy. It would be absolutely unacceptable if this reboot tries to pull that.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Another Bill posted:

Weird hill to die on but Ok

Just trying to be king of that hill I guess.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I love Kahn he's a great character and honestly super important to the show. I can understand replacing him with some asian guy, no problem with that and Toby Huss probably won't hurt for work. But I'm gonna be pissed if they write him out entirely.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Kahn is a pretty complex and nuanced character and it is pretty hosed up that he’s voiced by a white guy who stops just short of replacing the L’s with R’s. I say this as a huuuuge Toby Huss fan; the 90s were just a time where no one batted an eye at this kind of thing.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Bum the Sad posted:

Why not? I guess you're right. Let's just type cast everyone into a role. Stay in your place people, everyone stay with their own kind. They should probably change Bobbie's voice actor too, not cool.

Heaven forbid people portray people.

...and if that just happens to lead to more white actors being cast, I don't care, because I don't even see race :smug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Luanne and Lucky die of Covid because Dale convinced them the vaccine was actually nanobots that would control their minds.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Luanne and Lucky die of Covid because Dale convinced them the vaccine was actually nanobots that would control their minds.

That tracks but it'd be way too sad a reason for Luanne to have died. Then again, what would be a respectful direction to take to address it?

Edit.... Petty too, but I dunno, he seemed pretty old, still sad though.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I still say if they're dead, and didn't "move to Florida" or wherever, its a trailer fire.