Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

holefoods posted:

I have a question about the Navy, I’m in chapter 416 so if this could be explained without spoilers or maybe it’s not even explained…

(you’ll find out eventually is also an acceptable response)

How exactly does a buster call work logistically? I’m under the impression that someone with the authority to call one can call it anywhere at any time. Obviously, the navy has tons of ships so they could have a fairly decent response time to any part of the grand line… but how exactly does navigation work in this scenario? Does the navy also rely on log pose navigation? Do navy ships have eternal poses for islands in their vicinity? Do they have an entirely different mode of navigation?

There are some things that explained more later (they have ways of dealing with calm belts), but it's mostly a matter of overwhelming resources, and limiting the possibilities of where a buster call could be called. They don't just toss the authority to call one around lightly, it's only in very specific situations in which the World Government has an interest in guarnateeing complete annihilation of an island, for one reason or another. So like, they would know ahead of time when one might be called, and be prepared for it with proper navigation tools (eternal poses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

That makes sense, thanks!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Some stuff will also get revealed later from a logistics stand point

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

holefoods posted:

I have a question about the Navy, I’m in chapter 416 so if this could be explained without spoilers or maybe it’s not even explained…

(you’ll find out eventually is also an acceptable response)

How exactly does a buster call work logistically? I’m under the impression that someone with the authority to call one can call it anywhere at any time. Obviously, the navy has tons of ships so they could have a fairly decent response time to any part of the grand line… but how exactly does navigation work in this scenario? Does the navy also rely on log pose navigation? Do navy ships have eternal poses for islands in their vicinity? Do they have an entirely different mode of navigation?

also for what its worth all the places you see getting buster called at that point are either very close to navy headquarters or there was a thoroughly planned operation to destroy the place ahead of time, and I don't know if this ever comes up but presumably the world government/navy has eternal poses to everywhere they consider important

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seeing how there are new manga readers ITT atm

Spoilers: Very cool fan animatic of one of the fight scenes from the current arc

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

the bitcoin of weed posted:

also for what its worth all the places you see getting buster called at that point are either very close to navy headquarters or there was a thoroughly planned operation to destroy the place ahead of time, and I don't know if this ever comes up but presumably the world government/navy has eternal poses to everywhere they consider important

Furthermore Since the Buster Call is, well, called via a specially bred Transponder Snail that transmits its location to Headquarters, it is highly possible they can use the snail to navigate to the island that the Buster Call was requested. It might even have its own magnetism for a sort of eternal log pose based system.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Funky Valentine posted:

Every since, pirates from all over the world set sail for the Grand Line, searching for One Pees, the treasure that will make their dreams come true!

Gol D Shower

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's ridiculous. one pees is stored in the gol d. balls.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Spoilers: Very cool fan animatic of one of the fight scenes from the current arc

That was great

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

If you want my pee, you can have it. Everything I have...is stored in the balls!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's ridiculous. one pees is stored in the gol d. balls.

:eng99: I guess Chopper is going to have to lead a revolution in medical education.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Infinitum posted:

That was one premium fanimatic, it earned that click.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinitum posted:

holy poo poo

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lih posted:

they had oda write the plot outline & do the character designs for strong world as a 10th anniversary celebration, and probably gave it more of a budget than usual? and then it was a much bigger success so i think that made them realise that putting more time & money into the films could be more successful, instead of just churning out what were mostly just extended filler episodes of the anime annually for the school holidays

Yea this was the turning point, and having Oda continue to design the characters and even turn in a rudimentary plot outline like “this fits with the themes I’m going to be going for without completely stepping on the toes of or contradicting stuff I’ll be doing eventually” makes a world of difference. Before you either had stuff that was a watered down version of an existing villain/plot or even just outright retelling an existing plot because it’s otherwise hard to know what powers/plots Oda is just gonna do better in the future

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Absolutely love Lucci scrabbling around inside the "sack" trying to get out :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

A+ sound design

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

This owns so much!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't wait to see how they animate in that style

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Infinitum posted:

I can't wait to see how they animate in that style

White auras on everything Luffy does, and they'll somehow completely miss the memo that G5 is supposed to be silly & cartoonish instead of grim & epic.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/Geo_AW/status/1624620619349229569

Monkey D Luffy, the Legendary Super Saiyan

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Waffleman_ posted:

VIVI! WAPOL?!

Best girl is back, I nearly loving cheered.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
official release

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015589

I forget. Do the strawhats have the same number of crewmembers as blackbeard?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jose posted:

official release

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015589

I forget. Do the strawhats have the same number of crewmembers as blackbeard?

There's the secret 11th member of the Blackbeards who we haven't met yet (and no it is not Kuzan.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

There's the secret 11th member of the Blackbeards who we haven't met yet (and no it is not Kuzan.)

It's Carrot

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Luffy said near the beginning of the series that he wanted at least 10 crewmembers, if Luffy himself doesn't count then we're still missing one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s Vivi

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

It’s Vivi

That's my hope at least since she's basically an honorary member already (though the girl might need an upgrade at this point if she wants to stand a chance in a fight)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

hatty posted:

It’s Vivi

It has to be her if anyone. I honestly dont think Id want anyone on the crew that doesnt have pre timeskip ties to the strawhats. The crew really feels set ESPCIALLY with Yamato and Carrot both not joining.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's Hattori and Luffy is gonna give him a tiny straw hat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's stussy

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Meme Emulator posted:

I honestly dont think Id want anyone on the crew that doesnt have pre timeskip ties to the strawhats.

So you're saying Kaku has a chance

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's going to be Uta

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
We are missing Hattori from the shot of Luffy and Zoro watching over Lucci and Kaku, but things still lean more towards Lilith. I'd be fine with either.

Also a wild shot that Shaka's been playing everyone this whole time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Big News Morgans is admiral-tier and probably an awakened zoan too

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1624802176550805505?s=46&t=88uFu51WasQqb0p1KJCjhw

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Larryb posted:

Luffy said near the beginning of the series that he wanted at least 10 crewmembers, if Luffy himself doesn't count then we're still missing one

I remember reading that Oda (or maybe an editor?) clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself. So if that's true there's still one left yeah. Unless plans changed or something.

Vivi seems the most obvious option for sure.

Though it could be a character from this arc + elbaf. Maybe Bonnie joins to finish what Kuma started. Since there's a lot of history with Kuma at least. Or Yamato joins after this arc in a similiar fashion to how Jimbei's joining was delayed. So there's some possibilities depending on how crazy things get.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If we can't have Yamato I'm fine with Vivi, I guess

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nami: we have a new member of the weak trio!
Chopper: the weak four!
Ussop: no, we're kicking you out, Chopper, you've been too strong lately.
Chopper: Wha-?!
Vivi: I hope I'll be useful to the crew, I've been training a little since we last met. Mastered Haki, awakened my zoan hito hito no mi model gol d. roger, oh and i can do this cool sword trick

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That's not all he says,

"What if a sniper has his wicked sights trained on you?"
"What if a meteorite falls upon your head?"

Saw a theory from forever ago that this is basically what happened during Reveri. The meteorite is that Admiral's ability pretty clearly, though up in the air who the sniper was. I think they were theorising the birds alluded to the Revolutionary guy with bird powers, this is way more funny.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 12, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That's not all he says,

"What if a sniper has his wicked sights trained on you?"
"What if a meteorite falls upon your head?"

Saw a theory from forever ago that this is basically what happened during Reveri. The meteorite is that Admiral's ability pretty clearly, though up in the air who the sniper was.

I mean, she’s literally been marked as a target by Imu so if it hasn’t happened yet I assume the sniper thing isn’t too far off now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

:worship: