Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Theory: Yoshida is being controlled by Nayuta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The secret organization Yoshida works for: Nayuta's teatime friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Meowy! :3: I was afraid she got rehomed, but she's just part of the pack now!

Nayuta and Denji really need better boundaries in their relationship, which isn't that surprising. Aki was the law bringer in the the sibling dynamic Denji shared with him and Power, so Denji never learned how to practice proper discipline. It's good that he's so sweet and kind to Nayuta, but you can't just spoil kids all the time! It's important to teach them that other people have needs that have to be respected and boundaries that shouldn't be crossed! But Denji was never taught that himself and thus is having problems teaching it to others.

Yoshida is once again conveniently in a place he shouldn't be at exactly the right time. It's super weird and suspicious, but I'm hoping he and Asa and Yoru just go some place and have a nice time because poor Asa could really use a friend right now. She has nothing and no one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Meowy! :3: I was afraid she got rehomed, but she's just part of the pack now!

Nayuta and Denji really need better boundaries in their relationship, which isn't that surprising. Aki was the law bringer in the the sibling dynamic Denji shared with him and Power, so Denji never learned how to practice proper discipline. It's good that he's so sweet and kind to Nayuta, but you can't just spoil kids all the time! It's important to teach them that other people have needs that have to be respected and boundaries that shouldn't be crossed! But Denji was never taught that himself and thus is having problems teaching it to others.

Yoshida is once again conveniently in a place he shouldn't be at exactly the right time. It's super weird and suspicious, but I'm hoping he and Asa and Yoru just go some place and have a nice time because poor Asa could really use a friend right now. She has nothing and no one.

I mean the issue is 'Asa goes somewhere nice and has a good time' is instantly followed by 'Yoshida Rib Cage Hammer'

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elite posted:

I love the Peak Cope monologue from Asa. It’s an excellent page.

it topping off with Yoru going "uh-huh" makes it ripe for edits.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the issue is 'Asa goes somewhere nice and has a good time' is instantly followed by 'Yoshida Rib Cage Hammer'

Well, Yoru has to be touching you to turn you into a weapon, so as long as Yoshida keeps a respectful five foot distance he'll be fine.

If you want to survive an outing with the War Devil you just have to make room for Jesus. Ensure she is always at least 3 Jesus lengths away from you at all times.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I agree with those saying Nayuta might not be completely trustworthy. Thinking back on the rules Denji mentioned it's even more clear that Nayuta made the rules and most likely had to blank their neighbors memories and she has complete control (heh) over the food in the fridge. The third rule's existence implies something like this has happened before so there have probably been additional attempts on Denji's life by some femme fatale(s). Or he did tell her about before so the rule is preventative.

Also I feel like there's a chance that Nayuta was being a bit literal about not being able to change Asa back because she was hungry. Perhaps using her abilities uses up energy, maybe she can control the dogs normally but she was too hungry to stop them from trying to eat her food. I suppose if it's that or lack of experience it doesn't matter, she still needs to practice. Or maybe Makima was always snacking on things in the background, had a big meal off-screen before pancaking those guys perhaps.

I think the biggest difference between Makima and Nayuta is Nayuta likes Denji, while Makima only had eyes for Chainsaw Man.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I was thinking maybe Nayuta or Denji called him, but then I remembered he's just been following Denji everywhere and was probably curious about Asa after witnessing whatever he saw that lead to her being back in front of the school huffing copium.

Oh, it's probably worth considering that Makima's memory wipe of Angel wasn't permanent so maybe this won't be either.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also I think I was right that Yoru can’t turn Denji into a weapon because Nayuta literally has emotional ownership of him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mt predication: Next chapter Yoshida will take Asa to the all night mummy movie marathon that Denji originally wanted to go to.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
God, Femcel Asa is the best Asa.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/ChloeImagine/status/1625586068690030592?s=20

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
This is actually a major win for Denji.

He's going to make Nayuta eat ice cream everyday until she's sick of it and has to give him what he wants to stop eating it.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It's actually good that Asa didn't meet Nayuta, because having no social awareness she would immediately coment that Nayuta is ultra spoiled.

Denji will probably have to use the same move from Tengen no Nayuta to start to reign her in a little bit.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I really hope our protagonist does not hit a child

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Broke: hitting a demonic child lightly on the head.
Woke: Letting a normal child die because he isn't a hot chick.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
nayuta & denji's relationship pretty clearly isn't the healthiest for denji, but it's not really clear just how much so

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Funny as that would be, given that Nayuta can basically effortlessly control people she can probably find out what happened fairly easily

She can't control Denji, from what we've seen. (Makima couldn't, and Nayuta's shown more blindspots than Makima already)

She'd have to find out from someone else if Denji didn't tell her, and his ease of acceptance makes me think that, yes. Denji has had multiple girls try to kill him in the time since he started bringing up Nayuta. I mean, he was getting more than one addition to the list every month back in part 1. I can't see his luck changing that much in the time between series.

Also, Nayuta really is acting like Denji and Makima's daughter. No wonder she's such a problem child.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

Broke: hitting a demonic child lightly on the head.
Woke: Letting a normal child die because he isn't a hot chick cat.

Denji is a good boy.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Elite posted:

Incredibly funny that Nayuta can control people and force them to behave like dogs, but cannot control dogs.

I see you've never lived with a Husky.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is the only time I haven't been happy to see Yoshida. He better be there to play the romcom best friend who sets up the main couple. He absolutely better not be the romcom best friend who secretly loves the girl.

He's also glided past any questions about who he works for or why they want CSM happy. I do really like the "he's the final horseman sibling" idea even if textually I think it doesn't have that much support really. It's just a fun idea. He's a real piece of work whoever he is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh he is going to do something MUCH worse: No ice cream for a WEEK.

lih posted:

nayuta & denji's relationship pretty clearly isn't the healthiest for denji, but it's not really clear just how much so

He's putting all of his efforts into making sure someone else's needs are met while chronically neglecting his own needs, which is a problem many parents experience especially when they have no support system (which seems to be the situation Denji is in). It's an emotionally exhausting way to live your life, even when you're doing it for someone you love.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I just finished reading Goodbye Eri and now im sad. Why is this author so good at making me sad..

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
god, what a good chapter

asa falling asleep in a dog pile, denji negotiating nayuta, asa being incredibly not mad, all hilarious as hell

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Crazy conspiracy theory of the week going around:

One Yoshida has a mole

The other doesnt:

What if they’re in a similar situation as Asa/Ypru

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
And his other eye is covered! He's gotta be a different person!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Octopus Devil so proud of himself

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bigger Yoshida Theory

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

MorningMoon posted:

Bigger Yoshida Theory

I snorted so loud at this, I woke up my dog.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

Crazy conspiracy theory of the week going around:

One Yoshida has a mole

The other doesnt:

What if they’re in a similar situation as Asa/Ypru

He has the beauty mark in every other panel of that two page spread. It's just not visible that panel imo based on how his head is turned or fuji forgot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EmmyOk posted:

He has the beauty mark in every other panel of that two page spread. It's just not visible that panel imo based on how his head is turned or fuji forgot.

Yeah I'm not sure I buy that one, but here's more possible evidence for the "Yoshida is the death devil" conspiracy theory which I do kind of buy:

At one point "#4 East High School" is displayed right between Asa and Yoshida. 4 is a portmanteau for Death in Japanese.

Could be a coincidence, or it could be a sign Asa is about to pull a Persona 3 and go on a date with death.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Do you think Nayuta dreams of running the Iditarod?

EDIT: On a related note, I propose that Nayuta favorite movie is the 1995 animated film, Balto.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 15, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do you ever think how hosed up it is that makima died without getting to see The Insider

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just buy Nayuta The Sims 2 and it'll all work out just fine.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

do you ever think how hosed up it is that makima died without getting to see The Insider

idk if she would have the taste for it considering how solidly she wins in Heat

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MorningMoon posted:

Just buy Nayuta The Sims 2 and it'll all work out just fine.

The Sims 1 isn't even out until 2000! Maybe Sim City will be good enough?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Buying ice cream AND Sim City 2? How many homeless people do you want Denji to scam?

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
A few thoughts on the last two chapters.

1) I noticed she immediately used her control ability on Asa. If she hadn’t, like had she not become super jealous, I think the War Devil would have immediately recognized the Control Devil. If her memories hadn’t been wiped, I think the game would have been up.

2) I think it’s a nature vs nurture thing. And at the moment Denji has N happily loving with a family. At some point Denji will have to put his foot down to keep her from going down the Makima route but then again since when has Fuji actually taken the story to a place we expect?

3) does Denji not notice the scars?

4) goddamn that house must reek of dog.

Also, I completely missed Meowy the first time! How can she be so calm around those dogs?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

bengraven posted:

3) does Denji not notice the scars?[/spoiler]

The scars are not visible to the characters, they only show it to the audience so that we can differentiate between Asa and Yoru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

bengraven posted:

Also, I completely missed Meowy the first time! How can she be so calm around those dogs?

Meowy spent a good amount of time with Power at her her most feral, and got briefly eaten by the Bat Devil. A pack of friendly huskies should be no big deal.