Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"There is major dissent between the Biden white house and the pentagon right now by the failure of different agencies in the military to tell the truth"

Ross is suggesting the the Biden white house knows the air force is lying/stonewalling and they're getting pissed about it.
In-fighting is confirmed

"The US airforce is deliberately subverting the public's right to know"

suggested the Australian air force is similarly lying and will have to answer to that "in a couple weeks, and I'll leave it that" with a coy smile

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Feb 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

also the added wrinkle that the church of air force saints was operating f22s in the same area and time where the nimitz had its encounter and they've said loving nothing

they were probably too busy weeping to make any reports about what was seen

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

totally cool to have self-replicating probes that won’t be a virus-like problem ever. fuckin aliens man.

"WE COME IN PEACE. [...] PRIORITY OVERRIDE. NEW BEHAVIOR DICTATED. MUST BREAK TARGET INTO COMPONENT MATERIALS."

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

chairface posted:

"WE COME IN PEACE. [...] PRIORITY OVERRIDE. NEW BEHAVIOR DICTATED. MUST BREAK TARGET INTO COMPONENT MATERIALS."

love that game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Coulthart: "Is the White House inter-agency panel a response to something that the US Navy come to the White House about?... something that possibly a senior commander of the US Navy has come to the White House about"

Coulthart is smiling like a butcher's dog so he's got some goodies. He's been despondent on this whole loving topic since new years

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tilting at skymills

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sleekly posted:

theres this tendency for people to use things like VNP and dyson spheres as evidence of some sort. these are 100% human ideas and it seems incredibly dumb to go 'clever aliens would simply harness the power of their star using this machine someone thought up but i dont see any of those around here so no aliens exist' like :psyduck: dumb

Back in the 50s, scientists thought that we should be able to detect the ever-expanding bubble of radio waves generated by technological civilizations. But thanks to satellites and fibre optics, Earth's radio signature is way smaller now than it was back then, with our loudest radio broadcasts being radar pulses. So it's entirely possible that the aliens we're trying to find with SETI moved on from radio waves thousands of years ago.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The military being involved in some levels of Jan 6 probably pissed off Biden and I think has something to do with this inter-agency feuding being escalated now

edit: chinese balloon was definitely a "told you so" moment

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Feb 16, 2023

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

There's one question they've raised on the stream - Why start shooting these things down now? - that I think has a very obvious answer that applies whether these things are balloons, aliens, or alien balloons.

It's definitely a result of the Chinese balloon making the wider government/DoD take notice of what NORAD has been ignoring, and I'm laugh my rear end off if dumb panic over a Chinese balloon is what finally gets us disclosure.

edit: And as I typed that, they gave the same answer on the stream, with bonus implication that the Navy is on the side of disclosure.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Coulthart: "Is the White House inter-agency panel a response to something that the US Navy come to the White House about?... something that possibly a senior commander of the US Navy has come to the White House about"

Coulthart is smiling like a butcher's dog so he's got some goodies. He's been despondent on this whole loving topic since new years

This is loving wild.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

what I bet they are hiding is these aliens have enormous, vascular penises, the sight of which would cause mass horniness on an unprecedented scale.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So Ross is outright claiming the Navy leadership has gone to the White House and said the Air Force is obstructing/lying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the bubble of radio waves from earth dissipate into non detectable strength around Jupiter or something.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

So Ross is outright claiming the Navy leadership has gone to the White House and said the Air Force is obstructing/lying.

If anyone has comparable sensors to the AF looking at the sky, it's the Navy. And if you look at stories of UFOs, the Navy has been seeing these for loving ever. Just google something like "weird sea stories" and click on the first reddit thread (I know, I know, reddit, but still) you see, and every 10th story is some guy saying "I was in the Navy, and..."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"I think... and I'm hearing this... things are starting to crack..."
"What if you are a senior US Navy commander and you become aware that the US Air Force is illegally concealing information"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just Google "weird sea stories"

The truth is out there

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

More specifically, this bullshit about 'oh we just changed the filters on our radar systems and now we see these things' is a cover story - the USAF was intentionally running those settings to omit UAPs, leading to the establishment of an inter-agency task force to examine what they're doing headed by a political appointee (Jake Sullivan).

Goddamn.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
what stream are you watching?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

isaboo posted:

what stream are you watching?

https://www.youtube.com/live/g2TI1D1h3AQ?feature=share

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Objurium posted:

More specifically, this bullshit about 'oh we just changed the filters on our radar systems and now we see these things' is a cover story - the USAF was intentionally running those settings to omit UAPs, leading to the establishment of an inter-agency task force to examine what they're doing headed by a political appointee (Jake Sullivan).

Goddamn.

Imagine being a lifelong radar operator or a loving ancient general and some airforce bum flipping the switch and suddenly the sky lights up like a christmas tree

that makes so much sense of the confusion, the mad dash to shoot at poo poo and recover it etc.

This makes everything fit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i can def see the Air Force not wanting to admit aliens for religious reasons

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chamale posted:

Back in the 50s, scientists thought that we should be able to detect the ever-expanding bubble of radio waves generated by technological civilizations. But thanks to satellites and fibre optics, Earth's radio signature is way smaller now than it was back then, with our loudest radio broadcasts being radar pulses. So it's entirely possible that the aliens we're trying to find with SETI moved on from radio waves thousands of years ago.

it is not only possible but a drat near certainty.

they don't have FTL but they can interact weakly with EM fields

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if any of its true the sky trash is corporate and belong to entities that dont work with the us navy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

we shot down a chinese tent from that video a few pages back. they've been up there a while

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Does not appear to maneuver or move under their own propulsion or even to have had any propulsion capabilities.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tekne posted:

also the added wrinkle that the church of air force saints was operating f22s in the same area and time where the nimitz had its encounter and they've said loving nothing

they were probably too busy weeping to make any reports about what was seen

I've asked before, but does anyone have the post from itt about that one Air Force captain that had to give testimony on what he encountered and he looked like he'd seen God die right before his eyes? The guy Tekne is specifically referencing here. I've ran a few searches on the thread and couldn't find it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Goast posted:

lmao what have these eyes seen
this one?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's got to be the evangelicals hiding the aliens from us :argh:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

comments on the stream are a treat

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Oh, Coulthart just said he thinks the three objects were balloons or some other aerospace project that got caught in chinese spy balloon/"oh poo poo we just turned our radars up and now we're seeing UAPs everywhere" hysteria.

edit: standing by my statement that if these were actual anomalous vehicles, we wouldn't have succeeded in shooting them down. It's never worked before and tech hasn't advanced that much.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

lmfao at Ross addressing spooks directly holy poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Why didn't the commies do disclosure then? I'm looking at you soviet union <:mad:>

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/ewong/status/1625996539997962241

quote:

U.S. officials said they are still trying to make a definitive conclusion on what the objects were, and do not think they will reach one until more debris is collected. Some senior officials said that based on preliminary work, they believe the three objects were likely designed for scientific or weather research and had ceased to function, becoming akin to airborne trash.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Objurium posted:

lmfao at Ross addressing spooks directly holy poo poo

Maybe this is what Kennedy meant by "cow's out of the barn" too

These may be nothing but we're basically gonna end up with a loving Church Committee focused on the evangelicals in the air force

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

that's....pretty much exactly what reasonable people thought.

however it may have gotten radar excited

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
If these probes are self replicating disclosure might be the only option to get in front of it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

If these probes are self replicating disclosure might be the only option to get in front of it.

oh it absolutely would be the only rational option

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ACTUALLY the UAPs were put there by SATAN to make us question our faith

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's our duty to God to protect the belief in him and that he created this earth for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Does not appear to maneuver or move under their own propulsion or even to have had any propulsion capabilities.