Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The JoJo is called, not confirmed, Jodio Joestar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wonder who his dads are

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Will he do Ora-Ora’s or Muda-Muda’s, this is very important

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm so loving ready to get weird with it once again.

There's also another potential leak that either we're doing two protagonists, or one of the jobros is Jodio's sibling, Dragona Joestar, whose stand is named Smooth Operator.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 16, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

We thought it was a JoJo, but it was him, Jodio. :argh:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jodio killed the radio star

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AAAAH JOJO

Give me the chapter I need to update the OP

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

AAAAH JOJO

Give me the chapter I need to update the OP

Here u go

https://mangadex.org/chapter/60a5e79c-20ed-4d6d-aaee-706adc519d0c

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thread title

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh gosh Dragona is uhhhhhh

I do not expect this to go well. Not the plot of the story but like
culturally.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dragona is gonna have some Discourse about him. But I'm down with it.

Smooth Operators is a cool as gently caress stand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"It's cuz you were jamming out to Dua Lipa so hard"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It kinda bugs me how the opening pages are super fine, beautiful linework (like in SBR) but then get scratchy and coarse again in the middle (like the bad parts of JJL).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not good how the first thing that happens to Dragona is molestation... but there's a chance, probably not super high, that they're not presented as freakish, weird or anything odd.

I'm hoping that once JJLa settles in, they're just femme presenting and no one treats it weird.

Jodio's pretty great already and the premise is great. The stands are cool too

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the new JoJo already

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

New JoJo's based as gently caress

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

but there's a chance, probably not super high, that they're not presented as freakish, weird or anything odd.

I think that's an opinion that would mostly come out in the story from the villains, Araki likes writing people we're supposed to hate as SUPER terrible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

zetamind2000 posted:

I think that's an opinion that would mostly come out in the story from the villains, Araki likes writing people we're supposed to hate as SUPER terrible

True, we just don't need them to be that way.

We'll see how it goes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think Dragona is cool. I wouldn't expect Japan to have exactly the same as Western views on gender, so I'm taking it in stride.

Jodio/Dragona is giving me Giorno/Bruno & Jolyne/Ermes vibes. But so far I think these two are almost immediately the protagonists with the most personality except maybe Joseph.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I love what an arrogant little poo poo Jodio is already. That frame of him being cool and surrounded by girls when he describes himself is so good.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A heist based story can be cool with Araki’s writing style. Hope there’s downtime now and again though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jodio definitely has the strongest start for any JoJo

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I need to know if Araki knows Spanish, naming the most "jerkass" protagonist Fucker Joestar can't be a coincidence.

It probably is but one can dream

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If we're going with references to part five they're definitely stealing from Yasuho

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

A heist based story can be cool with Araki’s writing style. Hope there’s downtime now and again though

Jodio and Dragona using their small fortune to rent out the movie theater to watch the latest pirate movie starring Johnny Depp.

Also hope Big Boss lady sticks around love her design.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What strikes me about Jodio is how drat verbose he is with his internal monologue, I don't think any other Jojo has been even 1/3 as verbose?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I love how Jodio is the anti-Giorno in that he's a drug mule. JoJoLands off to a strong start so far. Given how in retrospect the heist was extremely difficult for them and they needed all 4 of them to accomplish it and never would've done it with 3, I'm guessing the Japanese man might be either Josuke or Tsurugi.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's not good how the first thing that happens to Dragona is molestation... but there's a chance, probably not super high, that they're not presented as freakish, weird or anything odd.

I'm hoping that once JJLa settles in, they're just femme presenting and no one treats it weird.

Jodio's pretty great already and the premise is great. The stands are cool too

tbf Jodio's narration and every character besides cops, who are naturally evil, don't treat them as anything weird.

A sprinkler system that beats the poo poo out of people(and also melts them???) is super weird/interesting though, it's like an enemy-of-the-week stand

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Haven’t read the chapter yet just looked at the first page

i can recognise and name every stand except the purple one in front of D4C. Closest match I found is one of the football twin from part eights stand. Does anyone know what the gently caress it is?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s one of the Aphex Twin’s stand. schotty 1 or 2 I think

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

hatty posted:

That’s one of the Aphex Twin’s stand. schotty 1 or 2 I think

Okay it is the one I thought then just with a bit of a redesign. Nothing else looked remotely close. Also lmfao that it and black sabbath are in that lineup

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It's feels really nice to have more Jojo, and I liked that it dialed back on the mysteries at the start in contrast to JJL, which just went four nuts.

Protagonists look fun too, and even if the first thing that happens is the Dragona getting sexually assaulted sucks, the gently caress the police message is strong on this one.

Because of the quote by "a mangaka" at the start, I'm thinking the tourist is gonna be Rohan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Haven’t read the chapter yet just looked at the first page

i can recognise and name every stand except the purple one in front of D4C. Closest match I found is one of the football twin from part eights stand. Does anyone know what the gently caress it is?

It's just holding a knife for some reason, I also have no idea what the gently caress that thing is.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yinlock posted:

It's just holding a knife for some reason, I also have no idea what the gently caress that thing is.

It reminds me of the graggle sinpson meme so much

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

It's Ebony Devil, which is a very strange choice for a spread of protagonist/major antagonist Stands.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Araki is relieved to be setting a Jojo outside of Japan again, he can name characters after random bullshit he likes again.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's Ebony Devil, which is a very strange choice for a spread of protagonist/major antagonist Stands.

The you so much lol that would have driven me crazy. I knew all the SDC stands back to front I thought so just hadn’t bothered checking that list. Or had only seen the doll.

Imo having sabbath on there is about as strange though it looks cool af unlike this little turd

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

What a weirdly deep pull.

I'm honestly surprised Araki even remembered it exists, though he always does have a fondness for Stands he likes to draw

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol I think I just figured out what Jodio's Stand visual influences are drawn from. It's based on a palm tree. Long spindly stalks, sharp pointed leaves, "coconut" within the leaves. Kills by conking you from above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol I think I just figured out what Jodio's Stand visual influences are drawn from. It's based on a palm tree. Long spindly stalks, sharp pointed leaves, "coconut" within the leaves. Kills by conking you from above.

main villain: my stand can freely control time, i can move back to any point and kill you before you were born, i can fast forward and move at the speed of light, i can *cartoon bonk sound effect, dies*