Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Telework as a mature romance really hits, its a refreshing change of pace from the shear number of high school shoujo. (though those are entertaining in their own way like you and I are polar opposites)

EDIT: While I have the page snipe top post.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KintetsuYMD/status/1599470674447585280/photo/1

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's always a struggle finding more romances featuring actual adults. usually the best I can hope for is the last volume or two being set later on

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Not that long ago, I did an advanced search for 'adult couple' tag with the romance genre, and filtered out anything that hadn't been completely scanlated - I think there were less than 300 in total.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1623360706430074881

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I guess we read this response left to right

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sb hermit posted:

I guess we read this response left to right
I honestly don't know if it makes a difference

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Ikoku Nikki 51. It continues to be the best.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
New Smoking Behind the Supermarket

evergreen reaction:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Me when I definitely don't care.

Good to see Yamada's natural predator, though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

When you realize that Zawa's not completely unobservant
Good chapter as always

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

new chapters of telework and kasane and subaru

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's something to be said about the kind of kindness and obliviousness that stokes the flames of love.

This kind of move is completely unfair.

:hmmyes:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
New 4koma series Convenient Semi-Friend

(Unknowingly Powerful) Girl moves into dorm for high school. Roommate is a huge lesbian playgirl. Comedy ensues as roommate frantically comes up with a cover story for herself: Semi-Friends.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

There's something to be said about the kind of kindness and obliviousness that stokes the flames of love.

speaking of, the band whose song was featured in the latest chapter took note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLzzsejptk

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Brought To You By posted:

This kind of move is completely unfair.

I apologize, my social skills need some work, especially romantic-type stuff... but why is this "unfair" or seemingly uncomfortable to the gal in the background?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Because she brought chocolate for the hatted girl.

Also because the characters are generally awkward anyway, what with one mistaking the other for a boy, and the other not bothering to correct her or point out they're in the same class at school.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
She expected simple chocolate, not romantic flowers, and was overwhelmed. It's not unfair as a bad thing, but as "You cranked up the charm unexpectedly, making me more lovey-dovey embarrassed than I was prepared for".

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Schubalts posted:

She expected simple chocolate, not romantic flowers, and was overwhelmed. It's not unfair as a bad thing, but as "You cranked up the charm unexpectedly, making me more lovey-dovey embarrassed than I was prepared for".
:emptyquote:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

koga is effortlessly hot and it's going to kill aya eventually

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Elfface posted:

Because she brought chocolate for the hatted girl.

Also because the characters are generally awkward anyway, what with one mistaking the other for a boy, and the other not bothering to correct her or point out they're in the same class at school.

Schubalts posted:

Hm ok. So the flowers is considered a higher-level gift. But don't they like each other? I think it's really sweet hat girl remembered that braid girl doesn't want chocolate, so she got her something more meaningful instead. That's awesome. But I guess I can also see where braid girl might feel some guilt or shame for not going beyond the cultural standard. It's ok, I think. The Gift Exchange love language is some tricky stuff from my perspective.

Anyone got a MD link to this series?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ofecks posted:

Hm ok. So the flowers is considered a higher-level gift. But don't they like each other? I think it's really sweet hat girl remembered that braid girl doesn't want chocolate, so she got her something more meaningful instead. That's awesome. But I guess I can also see where braid girl might feel some guilt or shame for not going beyond the cultural standard. It's ok, I think. The Gift Exchange love language is some tricky stuff from my perspective.

Anyone got a MD link to this series?

Link
It would be expected that people would hand out chocolate to everyone in their class out of obligation but not only did hat girl remember that braids was concerned about chocolates, but got her a flower which is indeed a more intimate kind of gift. All while Braids has been one-sidedly crushing on hat girl adding to her fluster.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

the fragrant flower blooms with dignity chapter 50
if you can read spanish then that translation has already reached chapter 60

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I like the art in that but the characters are so apologetic and diffident even for shoujo.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ofecks posted:

Hm ok. So the flowers is considered a higher-level gift. But don't they like each other?

Braid girl has a crush on hat girl but is still coming to terms with what that says about her sexual orientation. Hat girl is completely oblivious and thinks they're just friends, but nevertheless is making a completely effortless romantic gesture.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

chapter 96.5 for the girl i like forgot her glasses

there is also a new chapter for bisque doll but there are two translations and i dont know which one is better

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Megamissen posted:

there is also a new chapter for bisque doll but there are two translations and i dont know which one is better

Yeah I keep changing my mind on this so I find I'm reading both, I kind of feel like I need an objective opinion from someone who has read the originals.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Megamissen posted:

chapter 96.5 for the girl i like forgot her glasses

The Potetto uploaded one of the previous chapters with a GIF that scared the poo poo out of me so they get my vote

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The Potetto ones tend to be clearer, though I can't vouch for their accuracy. I like to read both; it gives an interesting triangulation toward what the original Japanese was.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Megamissen posted:

tough call maybe, i went with tonikaku cause they had been tling it beforehand and were sniped by the other group despite not having any inactivity or quality issues. the other group has tl'd some extra stuff from both the anime and manga so they certainly have enough love for the series but its unclear why they also took over the main series.

i also then realized later i know a translator from tonikaku and they were complaining about how they have to rush stuff and lose quality because its inevitably a competition now. oh, scanlations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I will typically read whichever translator was doing it first, cos sniping seems so rude. I know there are no rules or whatever, but it's just impolite.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
If a scanlator is behind/holding back at least a volume's worth of content, they deserve the snipe

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Scanlator drama is inevitable and eternal.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

i wish someone would translate ice castle wall

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Flower posted:

tough call maybe, i went with tonikaku cause they had been tling it beforehand and were sniped by the other group despite not having any inactivity or quality issues. the other group has tl'd some extra stuff from both the anime and manga so they certainly have enough love for the series but its unclear why they also took over the main series.

i also then realized later i know a translator from tonikaku and they were complaining about how they have to rush stuff and lose quality because its inevitably a competition now. oh, scanlations.

i hate when they do this because it means i just drop the series instead of reading either.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Rushing releases because there's another group also doing them is a dumb move. Also just read whichever translation you think is better. It'll usually be the group that was already doing it and isn't rushing to try to get theirs out first though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cirina posted:

Rushing releases because there's another group also doing them is a dumb move. Also just read whichever translation you think is better. It'll usually be the group that was already doing it and isn't rushing to try to get theirs out first though.

Sometimes the sniper is doing a 10000x better job and I'm like thank you god

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Shikimori manga ended today.

https://twitter.com/shikimori_off/status/1626598204899995650?t=-wEcuL34rFOD-wYoCrY6pw&s=19

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Subtraction Tautology is great, and just updated. The simplistic artstyle might turn some off, but IMO it's charming even at the start and the artist refines the style a lot as it goes on.

Not a particularly dark series in the slightest I would say, but it does touch on some heavier themes. Just a warning for those who don't (or do I guess) like that.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I’m coming back to SA after a long time away and in that time I’ve become addicted to romance, rom-coms, and especially yuri poo poo.

Anyone else reading The Guy She Was Interested in Is Not Actually a Guy?

Goddamn that’s some cleansing poo poo every Sunday every morning.