Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

bobjr posted:

Dragona is also going to be the healer right?

Oh god she's gonna die then isn't she, like FF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think he has an official height but he's more wide than anything

my man' came up to the roof of his own cell sitting down, he p big, Bowser level Girth

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bisse posted:

Oh god she's gonna die then isn't she, like FF

Yeah just like all the other healers like...Josuke. And Giorno.

Please I beg you ADTRW be normal about a femme character in a story once instead of instantly creating conspiracies about how they're going to die unjustly or whatever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even golden experience and tusk gave us punch rushes so we won’t be denied one from November rain. Putting my marker down on it. Tusks is probably my favourite in the series tied with the Ciovolata one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Will Jodio finally have a unique stand cry again

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what if November Rain stabs a bunch with those sharp-looking legs

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Will Jodio finally have a unique stand cry again

He already did an ORA while trying to strangle Tingle on the bus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Son of a bitch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

maybe that's just the sound he uses when he really wants maps

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JetChanAlt/status/1626430359079632897?s=20

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Seems like Araki really took complaints about part 8's length and pacing to heart considering this one introduces the core cast, their stands, and a concrete end goal in the first chapter alone.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Congrats to Araki embracing himself and finally making all protag having nothing but Body Horror stands. The guy just loves drawing humans be decimated in the weirdest ways.

Weird how no stands are punch ghosts, as it seems like the usual type for him. Even Kiss, a stand that could just be nothing but sticker, had a body that could punch. I wonder if November Rain, as people have already said, can swap into something that punches? Or maybe it'll just stomp on people real hard with its spike legs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hotdog lad will have a punch stand

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jodio just gets fed up and grabs an enemy Stand by the neck with his bare hands.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Needs one tiny shriveled up arm

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh boy the fandom discourse is already happening about Dragona. My personal favorite are the weirdos who are saying Dragona's actually for real a dude because the name's a nonsensical english centric pun about drag :shepface:

Vookatos posted:

Congrats to Araki embracing himself and finally making all protag having nothing but Body Horror stands. The guy just loves drawing humans be decimated in the weirdest ways.

Weird how no stands are punch ghosts, as it seems like the usual type for him. Even Kiss, a stand that could just be nothing but sticker, had a body that could punch. I wonder if November Rain, as people have already said, can swap into something that punches? Or maybe it'll just stomp on people real hard with its spike legs.

I am looking forward to what I hope is a series of weird conceptual stands, those were always my favorite. A dude punching another dude while his ghost punches the other dude's ghost is cool and all; but watching someone do crimes with a bunch of little dudes is always fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can't use the tired "trans people don't exist in Japan" argument about a story that takes place in America lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Nuebot posted:

Oh boy the fandom discourse is already happening about Dragona. My personal favorite are the weirdos who are saying Dragona's actually for real a dude because the name's a nonsensical english centric pun about drag :shepface:

The people claiming their name was actually secretly a pun for "Drag on a Joestar" have worms in their brain

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chapter 2 will show her name is a pun on dragging on that sweet bud this is the 420 Jojo

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
But that will put her in attack range of [The Chronic]!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Extremely amused at Jo-dío. The hosed up jostar

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, Jodio is a minor and Barbara Ann looks young. Did Josefu have a kid in his 70s like his counterpart?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Frionnel posted:

So, Jodio is a minor and Barbara Ann looks young. Did Josefu have a kid in his 70s like his counterpart?

Do we know who Barbara Ann's parent is?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Do we know who Barbara Ann's parent is?

Joseph and Suzi Q

Barbara Ann looking young is probably just Araki's artstyle, like how Kaato was 52 but looked twenty years younger

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 18, 2023

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huh, this is a weird thing I just learned: Josefumi (the other half of Gappy) only had the Joestar birthmark in his first appearance and then never again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Huh, this is a weird thing I just learned: Josefumi (the other half of Gappy) only had the Joestar birthmark in his first appearance and then never again.

That's usually how Araki draws them, with the exception of Jolyne and sometimes Gappy most of the Joestars never have a visible birthmark after the first time its shown

Strangely, part four Josuke and Johnny weren't given one at all

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 18, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

goblin week posted:

The people claiming their name was actually secretly a pun for "Drag on a Joestar" have worms in their brain

Yeah they're written differently too iirc. Drag is ドラッグ (doraggu), Dragon is ドラゴン (doragon), and Dragona is ドラゴナ (Doragona). It's obviously supposed to be dragon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gently caress up the coppers and join a gang of robbers
I slam in the back of my Dragona

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can't wait for the next chapter of Yakuza: Like a Dragona.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hope we learn more about what music the jojos like in this series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1626204861833392128?t=qNM1-c754VJRWADNgRI65w&s=19

The Jojo bump

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i find it interesting that this jojo is a follower through and through, and perfectly happy in that role.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i find it interesting that this jojo is a follower through and through, and perfectly happy in that role.

It would be fun if he ended up getting the Pesci arc at some point. Though he doesn't seem to have the same lack of self-confidence, he's just easygoing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's friggin Yoh Asakura over here

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Tenouttatenma/status/1626420640998891520?s=20

Not sure how accurate this is but I do like half of them are giving Jodio the sideye, Jonathan is heartbroken, and Giorno wants to murder him.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

https://twitter.com/Tenouttatenma/status/1626420640998891520?s=20

Not sure how accurate this is but I do like half of them are giving Jodio the sideye, Jonathan is heartbroken, and Giorno wants to murder him.

Jodio would definitely say poo poo about Josuke's hair at some point.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Pompadours are so boomer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
giorno loving hated drugs and drug dealers.