Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Maybe up to Urek. He's kind of the next big thing that happens outside of the first arc with team sweet and sour. Though an entire season with Baam not reunited with the main crew is gonna be rough for the casual audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Honestly if they want an S3 they'll timeskip / flashback a lot of that. It was important for development but it was a really long slog of Bam wandering alone etc that would probably be a pretty boring second season.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Frankly I think they have a lot of room to work with SIU on canon filler material going over what the other group was doing.

I think if they can keep it up with the first season in quality, regardless of choices it should go down as a hit.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

AtomikKrab posted:

Frankly I think they have a lot of room to work with SIU on canon filler material going over what the other group was doing.

I think if they can keep it up with the first season in quality, regardless of choices it should go down as a hit.

Yeah good call.

I thought they did well. I think the 1st season of GOHS though hit it out of the park. Both were good and I was more excited that ToG got the adaptation but drat GOHS was a fun 1st season IMO.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-131/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=549

Hi Rachel good to see you too

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I wonder how this will backfire on her.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Glad Rachel back. Time to see what new levels of hell she'll make.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-132/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=550

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can follow this plot.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm sure this will in no way blow up in everyone-who-is-not-Khun's faces.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So apparently the reason this can't be every other week releases is because naver doesn't allow it. They also own the rights to tog so siu is out of luck when it comes to negotiating. Extremely lovely situation and ridiculous they don't mind huge hiatuses because they don't pay him but won't let him work a slower schedule

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It insanely blows because it's clearly eating SIU up to have to constantly ping pong back and forth between being continuous or hiatus unless he wants to really half rear end the quality.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Has anyone read/heard anything about Siu coming back?

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I've been wondering that too. Last time I looked at the subreddit all I saw was fanart.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Every once in awhile I check a random forum where I used to get low quality fastpass scans before I started buying them and there has been no news.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Everybody talking about the marriage tournament and nobody talking about how Rachel's newest sponsor has that ridiculous forehead tattoo. Any good speculation on that guy who pretended to be a footsoldier, or am I just blanking on somebody?

Also all those crowd scenes with reasonably unique extras must have been hell.

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Aaaand we're back

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

woah, that's great news!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hyping up then if we back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hopefully someone picks it up since webtoons is so poo poo at being up to date

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jose posted:

Hopefully someone picks it up since webtoons is so poo poo

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

You know a company doesn’t give a poo poo when you can’t even be certain the translators the hired wouldn’t flunk high school English, let alone the language they’re translating. Like even in the last release… beastkins? Kin is its own plural!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That was still an improvement over their original choice of "furries"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

man a text translation is available on the ToG reddit but no proper one done yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

looks like its being translated here https://cosmicscans.com/manga/tower-of-god/

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I feel like every time this comes off hiatus Bam comes back talking way more poo poo to whoever he's up against and I'm all for it

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Jose posted:

looks like its being translated here https://cosmicscans.com/manga/tower-of-god/

Is the translation any good? Normally I'd just wait for the official ones..but the Webtoons translation is hilariously bad anyway soooo..:v:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I just read all 5 available, seems fine to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there are 8 now anyway

i think a huge variation in scan quality is mostly to do with names since even various groups have stuff all over the place. Stuff like Hwun woo vs Hyunoo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Cackling at Androssi's reunion with Baam. What a smooth criminal.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I binged the 2-months worth of releases last night.

Now what do I do

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does Baam like Endorsi?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean Baam likes all of his friends it's kind of his thing.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hmm there's another two chapters on https://cosmicscans.com/manga/tower-of-god/. With two chapters per week, I'm placing my bets on the next indefinite hiatus being announced May 17th.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
And still no official release!

Webtoons is killing it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The story upon return has been way more violent than I ever remember it being before lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Really liking this season. I know it makes me a bad ToG fan but my enjoyment of the series is exactly proportional to how many S1 characters are currently involved in the plot.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

The story upon return has been way more violent than I ever remember it being before lol

I noticed this too. After the last return from hiatus, it felt like a new person was introduced and then brutally murdered every chapter.

Hoping the pace really picks up, it does seem like it’s been accelerating.

Excited to see the fight with Ren but disappointed he came out from under his disguise, I love the sheep head design.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

No Wave posted:

Really liking this season. I know it makes me a bad ToG fan but my enjoyment of the series is exactly proportional to how many S1 characters are currently involved in the plot.

Nah its good, they did a good job building up those relationships early on so its nice to see them finally back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

No Wave posted:

:same: